Clubplanet Nightlife Community

lounges....any suggestions?

i think its time to move out of the clubn scene/rave scene and i think the next best step for me is lounges.

Anyone know of some cool lounges where i can listen to cool DnB, or electronica type music and chill with a drink in the hand.

thanx

robnjit

Yup! Cream is pretty cool. It's getting better every week. I agree w/ the moving on thing. I think I've just mad the transition. It's on Columbus between 71 n 72. Last Sat some Soprano people were there. If you need a list, 917-716-9011. I don't promote for them, I just know a list you can use if you wanna check it out!

Ohm used to be pretty cool too, but haven't been there in awhile!

So is this place goin' on most nights, or just weekends.

I'm trying to find a place to chill for like an hour or two during the week... Work's hell and it's nice to get out an relax, plus I haven't really met many people here yet being that I've been in NYC only two months and have been workin' like a mutha fucka

cwm17.gif

Originally posted by industyre:

Yup! Cream is pretty cool. It's getting better every week. I agree w/ the moving on thing. I think I've just mad the transition. It's on Columbus between 71 n 72. Last Sat some Soprano people were there. If you need a list, 917-716-9011. I don't promote for them, I just know a list you can use if you wanna check it out!

I dont think Cream and Ohm classify as lounges....whatev

Some cool LOUNGES I have been to recently:

H2K--9th Avenue/23rd Street

Cachette--14 Ave. B

Charmin--West Bdway in SoHo

------------------

"The world is a better place because of those who refuse to believe they can't

fly."

words14.gif

Im gonna be spinning at cream every friday begining the friday after thanksgiving... should be a dope party, that room is probably one of the most beautiful rooms in the city........

------------------

This week's gigs:

Saturday Nov. 4th - Mainfloor, Webster Hall

www.djrussreign.com

NY METS 2000 NL CHAMPS!

Originally posted by resident:

Y'all got it backwards! I've done the lounge thing for a long time ago, made the transition to the real thing (Twilo, Sound Factory, Vinyl), and don't miss the foo-foo velvet couch scene one signle bit!

cwm2.gif Me too! The lounge scene got old quick!

Both Shinedancer and Resident are right. I did the lounge thing for a while too. Shine and Magnum were my choice spots. That scene definitely gets played real quick.

------------------

The only difference between a saint and a sinner is that every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.....Oscar Wilde

hey! there's nothing wrong with tasting a bit of all scenes, imo. on the upper west side there's lots of cute lounges. venue is the best one i've been to. and potion is nice too. both on columbus ave. they've got cool music and all. see if you can find a 411 catalog. it comes out monthly with excellent nightlife info. have fun! cwm30.gif

Both scenes are cool. Some weekends, I want to go crazy, and roll, and dance till 6-7am. Other weekends, I just wanna chill, listen to good music, have a few drinks. Nothing too outrageous.

Try NV, and Cheetah on their off nights. Or you can just buy a shit load of candles, and some DnB, electronica CD's and create your own lounge in your bedroom.....I can work the door for you!!! cwm1.gif

------------------

mani.gif

Originally posted by smile23:

hey! there's nothing wrong with tasting a bit of all scenes, imo. on the upper west side there's lots of cute lounges. venue is the best one i've been to. and potion is nice too. both on columbus ave. they've got cool music and all. see if you can find a 411 catalog. it comes out monthly with excellent nightlife info. have fun! cwm30.gif

I used to go to Venue too. The crowd has changed, it's ummmmmmmmmmm, how do you say this without being rude......kind of ugly.

------------------

The only difference between a saint and a sinner is that every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.....Oscar Wilde

Originally posted by smile23:

on the upper west side there's lots of cute lounges. venue is the best one i've been to. and potion is nice too. both on columbus ave. cwm30.gif

havent been to potion in a few months but its def a cool place. they have some wayyyyy awesome drinks there!!!

scene doesnt compare to clubs, but if u want a nice warmup for the evening, then give them a shot.

If your in the vacinity of the upper west side Potion is a pretty nice lounge, I think its on 79th and columbus, free entry most nights.

13 lounge in the union square area is also pretty cool.

Theres another spot I went to a long long time ago (back when I was a high schooler) called Den of Thieves, its around bleeker, dont know if its still around.

Sorry to offend you GQ2727 by considering Cream and Ohm a Lounge.

Venue is hot too! Also so is LUSH on Duane Street 1 blk off BWay towards the west side next to the Firehouse is pretty cool.

no offense taken...but if someone is not familiar with city lounges and that is what they are looking for...then they might be a bit confused when walking into Ohm and Cream and finding a CLUB...just trying to help the kid out.

------------------

"The world is a better place because of those who refuse to believe they can't

fly."

words14.gif