Clubplanet Nightlife Community

**official Closing Friday For Ronnie The Stiff Is Bullshit Thread!!**

well i work for dc gov't.. and we normally get off anytime the feds get off.... so the official email the mayor sent out was :

To All District Government Personnel:

To honor the memory of our fortieth President, Ronald W. Reagan, all District government agencies and departments under the authority of the Mayor will be closed on Friday, June 11, 2004. Essential public services will continue to be provided, meaning that employees designated as "emergency employees" will be required to report to their duty stations on time and as scheduled. Employees should consult with their supervisors to determine whether or not they will be required to report for work on Friday. With the exception of police, fire, emergency medical services, emergency management and some public works and motor vehicle department functions, District of Columbia offices will be closed all day.

----

we also got to leave outta here early yesterday cause of traffic... cause lots of streets were closed...

It is BS, because out of all the people that have off, how many are actually going to go to church or whatever and take timeout to recognize Ray-Gun?

I work for the city of NY Law Dept, and im still working. In a way, im glad i am :hat:

i was thinking about it... however I changed my mind....

I mean, who are the gods that be that say we will have a day off for a particular president? huh?

I guess we should also have a day off when Jimmy Carter, Gerald Ford and George Bush Sr. croak :blank: