Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I dont understand how any1 can like Roger Sanchez?!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:jerkoff::stupid:

nothing beats roger on the terrace @ space watching the sun coming up :clap2: . you try spinning for 9 hours straight and see how you do.

...except roger @ pacha :)

saw him there 2 months ago and it was one of the best nights musically speaking I've ever been to

I also saw him at crobar and he was pretty good, but still nothing like ibiza...

the problem is not those that do not like house music..... it's the exposure!

One has to understand, house now a days has a lot of global influence. The same where trance was highly rated in Europe and did the crossover to the US is now how global house tunes is making its way to the US. If you noticed, 95% of his vocal/funky/ disco house is imported house from the UK/Italy/Spain- not necessarily his tribal though....

Example, tracks like "call on me" Erid prydz- the electro bass line type house has been hitting Europe for since 2002. But only now is it making its cross over. Even, the French house type tracks like "Make your Move" / Da hype/ "Stupid Disco" . Those tracks have been on the European Air Waves going on almost 3-4 years now. Not those in particular but that type of sound.

When Roger plays his sets @ crobar- more than 80% do not know many of the funky/disco/vocal house due to them not being exposed to it.

I garauntee that if Ktu played more global house, (a wider variety of sounds other than the same freestylistic tracks since the 80's) people would be more in tune and would have many more sing alongs- and that is what NYC lacks- and I am not talking about the R&B remix anthems played by JP neither.......

But maybe NYC doesn't call for it. Most of the venues are enclosed in these big stadium type establishments filled to the T. There is no ambience, no cool vibes- no outside patio banging the cool house latin percussive tracks.

As I watched the dancers moving to the slow tribal sounds in a dark room- followed by a group of men surrounding a group of ladies pleading for a dance in the hip-hop room.

roger def puts it down... besides, he is an amazing local talent and we need to continue to support our locals...

has anyone seen the dj mag's top 100? only two djs from the US made the top ten, the funny thing is - our country placed the most votes and we still didnt rep our peeps...

the problem is not those that do not like house music..... it's the exposure!

One has to understand, house now a days has a lot of global influence. The same where trance was highly rated in Europe and did the crossover to the US is now how global house tunes is making its way to the US. If you noticed, 95% of his vocal/funky/ disco house is imported house from the UK/Italy/Spain- not necessarily his tribal though....

Example, tracks like "call on me" Erid prydz- the electro bass line type house has been hitting Europe for since 2002. But only now is it making its cross over. Even, the French house type tracks like "Make your Move" / Da hype/ "Stupid Disco" . Those tracks have been on the European Air Waves going on almost 3-4 years now. Not those in particular but that type of sound.

When Roger plays his sets @ crobar- more than 80% do not know many of the funky/disco/vocal house due to them not being exposed to it.

I garauntee that if Ktu played more global house, (a wider variety of sounds other than the same freestylistic tracks since the 80's) people would be more in tune and would have many more sing alongs- and that is what NYC lacks- and I am not talking about the R&B remix anthems played by JP neither.......

But maybe NYC doesn't call for it. Most of the venues are enclosed in these big stadium type establishments filled to the T. There is no ambience, no cool vibes- no outside patio banging the cool house latin percussive tracks.

As I watched the dancers moving to the slow tribal sounds in a dark room- followed by a group of men surrounding a group of ladies pleading for a dance in the hip-hop room.

.NUFF SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!

a dj doesn't skip records........the record skips buddy

Also i have never in my life listened to a flawless 9 hour set. No one is absolutely perfect.

BUDDY you are saying to me that it is IMPOSSIBLE for a dj to skip records and it be his fault? What upside down world do you live in. THe night i heard him at spirit his selection was borring as hell, the record skipped tiwce and there was a couple of mis placed beats. I already said im going to give him another chance and see what he got. But i am not going to take back what i said the last time

a dj doesn't skip records........the record skips buddy

Also i have never in my life listened to a flawless 9 hour set. No one is absolutely perfect.

Notall- ideally, you correct.......

Just to clarify to coogs, in essence you are right as well.- A professional dj does not skip his/her records, but not all djs follow the following rule......

Roger Sanchez DOES NOT skip his records. Why, You may ask? Simple, Roger Sanchez does not touch the platter nor the actual vinyl whilst mixing. He refuses so for the simple reason of by touching the decks with his fingers as oppose to "riding the pitch fader" he will run a higher risk in skipping the record or over/under beatmatching which, in turn will lead to a train wreck.

I also saw him a couple weeks back at crobar, he did have a couple of bad mixes. To me, that only make him more of a respected dj...... Knowing that for 9 hours of straight of mixing in front of a 3,000 some-what crowd, his mixing errors are limited to only 3-4 from what I heard being there for 5 hours.........

HOW MANY ERRORS HAVE YOU MADE WORKING AN 8 HOUR WORK SCHEDULE AND YOUR BOSS STILL BE PLEASED WITH YOU :)

Notall- ideally, you correct.......

Just to clarify to coogs, in essence you are right as well.- A professional dj does not skip his/her records, but not all djs follow the following rule......

Roger Sanchez DOES NOT skip his records. Why, You may ask? Simple, Roger Sanchez does not touch the platter nor the actual vinyl whilst mixing. He refuses so for the simple reason of by touching the decks with his fingers as oppose to "riding the pitch fader" he will run a higher risk in skipping the record or over/under beatmatching which, in turn will lead to a train wreck.

I also saw him a couple weeks back at crobar, he did have a couple of bad mixes. To me, that only make him more of a respected dj...... Knowing that for 9 hours of straight of mixing in front of a 3,000 some-what crowd, his mixing errors are limited to only 3-4 from what I heard being there for 5 hours.........

HOW MANY ERRORS HAVE YOU MADE WORKING AN 8 HOUR WORK SCHEDULE AND YOUR BOSS STILL BE PLEASED WITH YOU :)

The reason why i made this thread months ago had nothing to do with him skipping. I dident like him cuase i couldent stand his selection.. It was like "put me to sleep house music"

BUT LIKE I SAID I AM GIVING HIM ANOTHER TRY BECUASE EVERYONE HAS A OFF NIGHT.. Maybe he drank nyquil or somthing

Roger Sanchez was great last night @ DEKO. Someone told me last night that he will be spinning at Crobar again on November 28. Any truth to that??

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

Yes, He will be at Crobar. The Thanksgiving weekend at Crobar is

Wednesday November 24th - Boris

Thursday November 25th - Paul Oakenfeld

Friday November 26th - Eric Morillo.... <3

Saturday November 27th - Roger Sanchez