Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Going to Europe... need records

quest4sunrise

What's up everybody? I am leaving to go to Europe for 2 months in one week and I want to pick up some Ssssslamming vinals when I am over there. Here is my list of destinations:

-London

-Paris

-Amsterdam

-Copenhagan

-Berlin

-Munich

-Vienna

-Budapest

-Athens

-Rome

-Milan

-French Riviera

-Barcelona

-Madrid

-Valencia

-Ibiza

I know many of you have been over there, so I figured I'd ask. I just bought my tables, so I am good to go! I'd say I'm cut from the same line of style (not skill... yet) of Paul Van Dyk and Tiesto (mostly trance, but experimental with techno, breaks, and hard house). If you can give me some ideas, you will make this clubber have the best trip of his life!!! Thanks alot

Mr. Jangles

LONDON

Groove Records

52 Greek St., London W1

071-439-8231

Import hip hop specialty.

Honest Jon's

278 Portobello Rd., London W10 5TE

081-969-9822 phone, 081-969-4724 fax

Jazz, soul, funk, fusion, rare grooves, hip hop, reggae. Mail order. Check state51 for pages on Britain's Best Record Shop and past employee James Lavelle.

Mr. Bongo

47 Lexington St., London W1R 3LG

071-287-1887 phone, 071-439-1828 fax

Out On The Floor

10 Inverness St., London NW1 7HJ

0171-267-5989

New, used, imports, 12"s, 45s. A good place to check for those rare titles you've been looking for. Nice atmosphere. Check it out next time you're in Camden Town. Soon to have an email address to simplify your ordering needs. Postal mail order currently available trading as Sounds Travel. Send wants list.

Reckless Records

30 Berwick St., London W1

071-437-4271

Used rare grooves and more.

Soul Brother Records

1 Keswick Rd., Putney, London SW15

081-875-1018

Soul, jazz, funk, fusion, soundtracks.

Soul Jazz

12 Ingestre Place, Soho, London W1R 3LP

071-494-2004

Sound City Records, gloria@easynet.co.uk

494 New Cross Rd., Deptford, London SE14 6TJ

0181-691-6765 phone/fax

New, used, imports, 12"s, 45s. Pre-release reggae, dub plates, revival reggae, soul, funk, fazz, jungle, MOR.

Vinyl Solution

231 Portbello Rd., London W11 1LT

0171-792-9791 phone, 0171-792-9824 fax

Also the home of Depth Charge.

MANCHESTER

Fat City Records

Unit 16, 2nd Floor, Afflecks Arcade, 35 Oldman St., Manchester M1 1JG

061-832-9288 phone/fax

STAFFORD

Funkyworld Records

5 North Walls, Stafford ST 16 3AD

01785-228213 phone, 01785-223460 fax

Latest jazz, trip hop, funk tunes at well reasonable prices. New, imports, 12"s, 45s, listening stations.

may or may not be close to your destination, but certainly worth the trip in my opinion.

Three Beat Records.. top stuff from this store.. specialize in progressive and trance.

HTFR - Hard To Find Records.. good stuff from this store.. they specialize in harder to find records of the like... you'd be able to beef up your 95-99 collection here with no problem..

Phase Records - upfront breakz and tech house in Liverpool

Swag Records - need I say more?

Plastic Fantastic - world reknowned label and shop.. specialize in everything from progressive to trance to tribal

In Athens, look up Discobole (I'm not sure if they are still around). Also, Metropolis in Omonoia Square might carry vinyl. Besides that, you may want to ask around for used record stores. You will find many of them in Gazi, Monastiraki or Psiri or along Ermou St. (ask for directions to these areas). :D

Three Beat Records.. top stuff from this store.. specialize in progressive and trance.

HTFR - Hard To Find Records.. good stuff from this store.. they specialize in harder to find records of the like... you'd be able to beef up your 95-99 collection here with no problem..

Swag Records - need I say more?

Where are these?

Where are these?

Swag Records - 42 Station Road.Croydon.Surrey.CRO 2RB.UK (A must visit in my opinion.. dont be surprised if you run into Terry Francis or Dave Mothersole and must i really say what kind of selection they have?)

HTFR - 10 Upper Gough Street.Birmingham.B1 1JG.UK (If your looking for older stuff and your in the area... your in for a treat)

3Beat Records - 58 Wood Street. Liverpool.L1 4AQ.UK (Im sure you'll find some good stuff in here)

..since ur gonna visit all those cities , you are GUARANTEED to find many record shops ...... doesn't make much sense asking such a question in the miami board ..
sure Mursa.. since you absolutely love wasting your time :tongue: ..

I could understand if your moving over there or on some kind of an extended trip.. but when your on time constraints, you wanna visit the best shops that cater to your specific sound... what sense would it be to visit some dead shop when you only have 3 days in a city? .. and not all shops are guaranteed to be good..

yes, it would make sense since he's visiting all those cities, that your bound to wind up in a good shop... so my suggestion to you Quest, is to keep on searching.. I can only advise on some of the shops that I have had the pleasure shopping from in London and in the United Kingdom .... so good luck!

Swag Records - 42 Station Road.Croydon.Surrey.CRO 2RB.UK (A must visit in my opinion.. dont be surprised if you run into Terry Francis or Dave Mothersole and must i really say what kind of selection they have?)

HTFR - 10 Upper Gough Street.Birmingham.B1 1JG.UK (If your looking for older stuff and your in the area... your in for a treat)

3Beat Records - 58 Wood Street. Liverpool.L1 4AQ.UK (Im sure you'll find some good stuff in here)

Phase Records - The Palace. Slater Street.Unit 17GB.Liverpool.L1 4BS.UK (You'll get some nice stuff here.. well rounded upfront stuff... if you pass by, make sure you tell Paul Nolan that I sent ya :) )

Eukatech - 49 Endell Street.London.WC2.UK (yes, please visit this store)

Vinyl Addiction - 6 Inverness Street.London.NW1 7HJ.UK

Eastern Bloc Records - 5/6 Central Building.Oldham Street.Manchester.UK

best bet is if in london goto eukatech and plastic fantastic,they are basiclly down the street from each other.picked up alot of stuff out there.also in barcelona there are two record shops i visited and a kinda of virigin mega store called el corte fino that carried large a vinly section but it seemed a bit too commercial for my taste.btw one of the record shops i visited in barcelona is in a nieghborhood called barrio gothica.

have a fun and safe trip.