Clubplanet Nightlife Community

brown on the dl

jtk4

Well pedro looks better then he did, but he seems to be contracting the same disease his brother got when he was here. Quickly give up 2-4 runs in the first inning, and no more the rest of the game.

Well Moose will be making his start tonite.. hopefully his slight injury won't set him back because he was pitching brilliantly.

First inning had me a little scared... But was expected after being away from the game for an extended time... Pitched very well for the remainder... What did he retire 9 or 10 in a row?

Alex is a fucking CHAMPION.. but we already knew that.. :D

(and it's about time he gets that ring he so deserves)

Speaking about deserving rings, Donnie Baseball deserves it the most! He and A-rod have a great chance of making that happen this year.

Speaking about deserving rings, Donnie Baseball deserves it the most! He and A-rod have a great chance of making that happen this year.

And if BUck Showalter had some faith in a very young at the time Mariano Rivera instead of sticking with Coney that game against the MAriners in 95, he would have had a good shot at a ring..uggggghhhh :mad:

AABV009.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So Parasites are now infecting his body along with the twinged back.

Him and Giambi sharing a little too much :swallow:

IF he comes back 100% after the break the way the yanks are playin and hes already 7-1 .. could be some huge numbers put up by brown

FROM fox sports

Kevin Brown was diagnosed with intestinal parasites, joining Jason Giambi as the second member of the New York Yankees to test positive for the ailment this week.

Brown has been out with a bad back since leaving a start June 9, but he's also been ailing "about 3 1/2 weeks or so since we got back from Japan," losing 15 pounds and struggling even to get out of bed each day.

"I'd work out and feel weaker the next day, pushing myself down a hole - that's what it felt like," Brown said.

Brown had numerous tests that offered no explanations for what was sapping him of his strength. So when Brown learned Giambi had parasites on Tuesday, he knew he should get checked, even though he didn't have the stomach virus symptoms that the first baseman had.

"At least I understand why I struggled so bad," Brown said.

Manager Joe Torre was relieved to learn that the doctors finally figured out what was causing Brown to lose weight and be fatigued.

"By relief I mean knowing that it can be taken care of," Torre said.

Yankees team doctor Stuart Hershon spoke with the players before their game against the Boston Red Sox on Thursday night, explaining that this is not an epidemic and that the entire team does not need to be tested.

"I wanted to talk to the team to put to rest any unnecessary anxiety," he said. "I just wanted get any obvious concerns out of the way."

Hershon said that the only way to contract the disease is through the consumption of food or water.

Brown suggested he might have gotten the parasites during the Yankees' season-opening series in Japan against Tampa Bay in March. Hershon said the Devil Rays had no cases.

"Everything is so much speculation - that would seem to be a distinct possibility," Brown said. "I think overseas travel is a red flag for doctors."

But Hershon said parasites are rarely found in developed countries.

"It's no more likely to happen there than here," Hershon said. "Japan is a very clean country."

Brown (7-1) started strong for the Yankees, going 4-0 in March and April. But he's struggled some since, with his ERA steadily climbing from 2.89 on May 11 to 4.13 on June 9, when he left his last start with stiffness in his lower back.

While he says his back feels better, Brown thinks his recovery has been slowed by the parasites.

"If you're stronger, you can obviously handle things better," Brown said. "When you get weaker it gets more difficult for your body to compensate."

Brown began taking antibiotics, which should take seven to 10 days to work, and will not participate in any workouts until he is feeling stronger.

Giambi has been taking the medicine for four days and told Torre he is slowly feeing better. Giambi took batting practice in the indoor cages at Yankee Stadium the past two days.