Clubplanet Nightlife Community

what usually causes this?

iamme

so i had a very intense chest workout last night. some much better when you actually have ENERGY at the gym :bounce:

anywho...after a one or two sets through the night, when i was going all out on bench and incline, i got a sick head rush when i got up and was a little dizzy, which can be expected, but for the first time in a long time, i felt like i as about to puke...

why does that happen?? is it a hydration thing?

:puke:

It means you are working hard enough.

"I have no fear of fainting in the gym. I've thrown up many times while I was training, but it doesn't matter, because it's all worth it." - Arnold Schwarzenegger, Pumping Iron

It means you are working hard enough.

"I have no fear of fainting in the gym. I've thrown up many times while I was training, but it doesn't matter, because it's all worth it." - Arnold Schwarzenegger, Pumping Iron

i wish my gym, every gym for that matter, would play this on their TVs all day everyday!!!

It happens to me frequently...

It has to do with blood pressure.. Blood is pumping very quickly to your head and can cause a rush.. or an absence if you rise too quickly...

Well at least in my case, I have low blood pressure so I was instructed to rise slowly and not to do exercise that requires a rising and lowering of the head in a fast motion.

could either be:

dehydration, yesterday was a day to drink plenty of fluids...

when was your last meal before working out?

or, i get this once in awhile, when your getting off the bench after laying down, do so slowly so you dont give yourself that head rush. its like getting outta bed to quickly in the morning after you wake up. ease up killa!

so i had a very intense chest workout last night. some much better when you actually have ENERGY at the gym :bounce:

anywho...after a one or two sets through the night, when i was going all out on bench and incline, i got a sick head rush when i got up and was a little dizzy, which can be expected, but for the first time in a long time, i felt like i as about to puke...

why does that happen?? is it a hydration thing?

:puke:

u need to drink more water as well as make sure u regulate your breathing while u lift.

it's called getting up too fast and breathing too hard

u don't get dehydrated by lifting a barbell

lol very true...

drinking too much water (or anything ) during a workout causes a lactic acid build up in your muscles causing cramps.. sip through your workout , dont stop and chug and stop and chug..

it could be orthostatic hypotension... which is just the same as when u get up too fast and u get dizzy and sometimes a lil nauceous... it has to do with ur blood pressure

"Blood pressure is usually lowered by upright posture, food, infection, hyperventilation, hot weather, and lifting of heavy objects."

:eek:

so ive been breathing better at the gym (not holding my damn breath - didnt realize i was doing this till my friend told me) at it is definately helping :aright:

Actually, on pressing movements like bench or shoulder press etc etc, you should hold your breath during the press. This is called the Valsalva maneuver (google it if you want). Basically the theory is you build/maintain air pressure inside you during the pressing motion so that you have a stronger more stable base to press from, as opposed to exhaling while you press out.

I've testing both ways and found that I can push more weight using Valsalva.