Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I feel old

so i was doing some thinking today. my friend asked me if im feeling old bc my birthday is coming up, and i told her i feel old but thats not the reason why.

i used to go out about 5 or 6 days a week and now its work, bf, family, bills and thats it. i talk to my friends via IM and phone, but even thats hard nowadays (sorry rosa :() i used to flip if i didnt go out after two days, now i dont go out for 5 and it doesnt phase me. i get so tired from running around doing stuff that needs to be done, that at the end of the day im too tired to do anything else. i can relate to my other friends that feel this way, but feel sort of disconnected with the people that have no idea what im talking about.

anyone else feeling this way??

so i was doing some thinking today. my friend asked me if im feeling old bc my birthday is coming up, and i told her i feel old but thats not the reason why.

i used to go out about 5 or 6 days a week and now its work, bf, family, bills and thats it. i talk to my friends via IM and phone, but even thats hard nowadays (sorry rosa :() i used to flip if i didnt go out after two days, now i dont go out for 5 and it doesnt phase me. i get so tired from running around doing stuff that needs to be done, that at the end of the day im too tired to do anything else. i can relate to my other friends that feel this way, but feel sort of disconnected with the people that have no idea what im talking about.

anyone else feeling this way??

for a normal work week i only go out on friday... i cant deal with the crap more than once a week lately, plus it takes me two days to recover from a good night out... but more importantly for the past year and half ive been having more fun not going out than going out... just hanging out with friends in the backyard, or on a deck, or the beach just laughing and having a good time with a few drinks beats hands down most nights out at a club where you have to get "jiggy," drop about three hundred dollars for the night, parking, or cabs, outfits, then hopping around to find the place with the best vibe... fuck that... good food, good ppl, good drinks = great night out...

im totally with u. i was goin out thurs, fri and sat nights most of last year. but this year, shit, ever since january, ive been swamped with work. but im goin to paul van dyk next friday, thats the start of my fun again, i hope. if i talk about bills here, im gonna be up all night :splat:

theres more to life than partying... and just because you dont party as much anymore doesnt mean youre not youthful and living... sidenote and a bit contradictory but my sister has a good headstart on me age wise and she parties like shes 21... shes out weds, thurs,(locally) then fri, sat, night goes to sobe, or vegas, or pr, dr, bahamas you name it, and manages to fly home sunday and be at work monday morning on time like nothing even happend... (but she doesnt drink and doesnt do drugs so maybe that helps...)

what the what now :hat:

:werd:

and yea i know theres more to partying, its just lately i'm feeling a bit old because i'd rather sit home at the end of the day instead of going out and running around. i dont know if its because i'm tired of the b.s. that comes with going out, or if im just not feeling it much anymore

i could care less about going out...im tired of dealing with the hassle. i only go places i dont have to wait on line and don't have to pay to go in..otherwise id rather play need for speed @ home. the only time i go out is when im forced out (solbeam/nautybabe/barbiedoll) or if there's somethin i really wana do (carl cox vs. dt)...otherwise i dont give a shit. ill b chillin in europe for 2 mths this summer..and i prolly wont do much 'cept sleep..eat..and lay on the beach...'tis good to be old and wise

i could care less about going out...im tired of dealing with the hassle. i only go places i dont have to wait on line and don't have to pay to go in..otherwise id rather play need for speed @ home. the only time i go out is when im forced out (solbeam/nautybabe/barbiedoll) or if there's somethin i really wana do (carl cox vs. dt)...otherwise i dont give a shit. ill b chillin in europe for 2 mths this summer..and i prolly wont do much 'cept sleep..eat..and lay on the beach...'tis good to be old and wise

i feel the same way man :aright:

But it's important to keep doing different things in life, not always going to the same place (joey's :tongue:-) and doing the same thing. cuz that's what leads to boredom

...take it from the oldest person on this board...i think...age is but a number...we all have our off days but just like marko's sister, at times i can do more now than when i did at 21...it's all about attitude and perspective...dont harp on it too much - so not worth it - so not true...

I feel old sometimes myself....Last weekend I went to a club for a friends birthday...I got home around 8-9 am....That kind of stuff is not for me anymore...It took me the rest of the weekend to get back to my normal self....I'd much rather use my weekends for the beach/mini road trips ect then going to clubs & bars every night & sleeping the day away :)

Me too :( I used to go out so much more, stay up late during the week, get my shit done, go to teh gym, and still had energy :( Now I"m like an old fart - always tired, always paying bills, complaining about work.

I miss being carefree :(

For destiny, i can DEFINITELY see that :eek:

ps Laur, i tried calling you last night but i couldn't get thru :phone:

yea work is tiring, but i dont think that's it...hmm idk

i get tired now around midnight, if not earlier...but my mind is racing with all of the stuff that i have to do that i usually dont get to bed until 2ish.

maybe its just all the stress with everything that i dont feel like dealing with the hassle anymore. hopefully its just a phase...at least i dont feel like the only person that feels like this.

george i have the same number i gave you, check your PMs i sent it again...btw Al has been acting odd