Clubplanet Nightlife Community

PVD at Spirit. WOW

dude ive been a fan of shelter shelter since 2002. And i never liked websterhall i like rick corbo. And ive been around house 14yrs ya know so musically i know what i like.

Not for nothing honey, but you claim to be around this for 14 years, that makes you 9 when you started clubbing right??? Because your profile say's your 23. So honestly, I doubt you've been even going out for a couple of years. And if you hate trance SO much why would you even waste your money and go?? And then post like 15 times about it. And not for nothing, Friday night was one of the best sets you will ever hear. I'm not trying to sound like an asshole but you always seem to have something negative to say about every DJ that comes to NY. Maybe you should think about getting a job and getting off the computer because you profile says you are unemployed also - hey, you said it!!!

how many pills did it take for the music to sound good?

hahaha

Not a one!!! I have seen alot of DJ's all over the world and I am not a big fan of PVD (I'm a house fan) BUT!!!!!! PVD at Spirit on friday night was one of the best sets I have ever heard. That is is first time I have been to Spirit since it was Twilo and I was pleasantly suprised the whole staff was very nice and the vibe was very good. I usually see PVD five or six times a year ( because my wife is a big fan, obsessed actually!) and I admit I was ready to not like the music because the last few times I have seen him he has not been good, Roxy,RA in Vegas,Amnesia in Ibiza all not that great. I think that he has gone downhill for a while with his albums and label he got sidetracked and lost his edge.The last two times I have seen him at WMC ,and now Spirit he has gone back to the PVD I knew back when he was nothing and threw the beats down that just moves you. Trance music is not easy to spin thats why there is not many DJ's that can spin it correctly. My point is PVD friday night was awesome from 2am to 6 am I hardly knew what time it was and just danced my ass off and let the music move me it reminded me of Ibiza and Europe which EDM is the music of choice and people enjoy it for what it is and enjoy themselves not pose to be seen.

Thanks.

I was really looking forward to the INDOOR set, since I was so freezing from the Central Park event....gotta say it was one of those surreal times, though. But, I was VERY disappointed in Spirit.....talk about a sellout venue. I don't mind being crowded, but when there is NO chill space reserved for the average person, the vibe goes WAY downhill. Plenty of couches, and mezzanine to boot, but ALL for V.I.P......three different bouncers turned me away from ANYWHERE I could simply sit down, saying you had to pay more to access those areas. I like to both dance and then sit and take everything in, but that's mighty tough to do when sitting on a crowded floor in the hallway. Gimme Roxy, Sound Factory (RIP), or Exit any day over Spirit. Music was good, but atmosphere totally wrecked by lack of sit space. NY club scene will always be better than Boston, but at least here in Boston I can take a break and sit on something not laminated.

I don't mind being crowded, but when there is NO chill space reserved for the average person, the vibe goes WAY downhill. Plenty of couches, and mezzanine to boot, but ALL for V.I.P......three different bouncers turned me away from ANYWHERE I could simply sit down, saying you had to pay more to access those areas..

Welcome to the city. I take the good with the bad because the good part is usually wirth it. :smoke:

Didn't go to CP new in would be a wet evening.... Showed up at Spirit @1:00 just when Jerry Bohnham was ripping it up, the man has skills to bad he's from San Fran.... Next time I would like to see the return of Luis Diaz - always does a great job... Anyway PVD stepped up a ripped it untill I left @4:30 - the man is SICK... I hope the track listing is forthcoming... Just a little heads up for all those trance lovers out there if you love PVD, AVB, Tiesto and so on - and not to say I'm even on there level but I will be playing @Avalon sometime soon... Stay tunned for info...

TROY the St.

Sup homeboy,

Good seeing you at Spirit w/PVD. Sorry I didnt get to stay much. I was already tired from doing the party at AVALON. It sure was a good night. The vibe was amazing.

Everyone just a quick note. Troy St. Charles a local trance Dj will step up to the decks at AVALON soon. For those that have the likes of PVD, Teisto, AVB, Ferry, ect ect. Im sure you'll be able to add him to your list soon.

Troy, Good luck!

Victor Soto

Not for nothing honey, but you claim to be around this for 14 years, that makes you 9 when you started clubbing right??? Because your profile say's your 23. So honestly, I doubt you've been even going out for a couple of years. And if you hate trance SO much why would you even waste your money and go?? And then post like 15 times about it. And not for nothing, Friday night was one of the best sets you will ever hear. I'm not trying to sound like an asshole but you always seem to have something negative to say about every DJ that comes to NY. Maybe you should think about getting a job and getting off the computer because you profile says you are unemployed also - hey, you said it!!!

to clarify ive been clubbing since i was 16 that would be 7 yrs. But when your growing up in a room with 5,000 or more vinyl and like 2,000 cds worth of house thanks to your brother who raised me on this music since i was 9 yrs old you would know what i mean. Its been mine for so many yrs now since he got married the whole setup i use but im not a dj. I use to buy vinyl just to support the music and hear music when imanaged my hair salon but i havent bought anything in 1yr or so.My room is basically MUSIC and dvds, my bed and my computer. Music is a very important part of my life. Ive heard music change so much i never say CLUB SCENE i always mentioned MUSIC. Yeah im unemployed but isnt it great that i can afford to go everywhere without help from any parent hmmm. I havent heard a trance dj in some time now maybe 2 yrs. And i dont plan anytime soon, just my preference.

Silverbull, you seem like a good person that really enjoys going out and supporting electronic music, but I do recall you mentioning somewhere that the first time you heard Sasha was at the Virgin instore last week. Since then you have been very vocal, even going out of your way to insult Sasha's djing. Do you really feel that an instore is the best environment for evaluating a dj? To be fair, at least check him out in a nightclub where he has the time, environment and crowd to show his skills. You still might not like what you hear, but at least then its a informed decision.

yo sc1 i dont thinki have been overl vocal bout hating sasha, os if i have LET METAKE IT BACK. i heard him at virgin and fgured yeah it is a total different experince then a club would be. But from what i gather his soud comes across mssive build ups and breakdowns. Not really my style. But im sure millions of people love that stuff. Anyhow next time he does come into tow i will check him out at a club. I do believe toreally judge a dj you need o hear hi or her 3 times at least to have a 100 percent opinion if its your style. Wanna hea my sound? WEDS- SHELTER/le souk, thursday FILTER 14 sunday ROXY. I'll be there.

Silverbull, you seem like a good person that really enjoys going out and supporting electronic music, but I do recall you mentioning somewhere that the first time you heard Sasha was at the Virgin instore last week. Since then you have been very vocal, even going out of your way to insult Sasha's djing. Do you really feel that an instore is the best environment for evaluating a dj? To be fair, at least check him out in a nightclub where he has the time, environment and crowd to show his skills. You still might not like what you hear, but at least then its a informed decision.

First, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that silverbull knows his shit. And as for sasha, he had the crowd and time at crobar two weeks ago, and I wasn't too impressed. His set wasn't flawless, which really sucks when you consider how much actual mxing he did. I love sasha, but only when john digweed is next to him.

If your trying to turn someone on to trance, a good pvd set is the way.

yo sc1 i dont thinki have been overl vocal bout hating sasha, os if i have LET METAKE IT BACK. i heard him at virgin and fgured yeah it is a total different experince then a club would be. But from what i gather his soud comes across mssive build ups and breakdowns. Not really my style. But im sure millions of people love that stuff. Anyhow next time he does come into tow i will check him out at a club. I do believe toreally judge a dj you need o hear hi or her 3 times at least to have a 100 percent opinion if its your style. Wanna hea my sound? WEDS- SHELTER/le souk, thursday FILTER 14 sunday ROXY. I'll be there.

i hope u come out for digweed in august :bounce:

my all time fav dj!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't go to CP new in would be a wet evening.... Showed up at Spirit @1:00 just when Jerry Bohnham was ripping it up, the man has skills to bad he's from San Fran.... Next time I would like to see the return of Luis Diaz -

Luis is great, but unfortunately he recently moved to Germany.

Hopefully we will have him back soon :)

luis diaz is the man.