Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Paradise Garage

• 4 weeks later...

believe it or not .. i was not even living in the USA when i attended PG .. i was living in Europe and Middle East . but came on tours three times on 1984, 85 and 86 .. and went to PG coz i heard soo much about it .. and lemme tell u .. from the little i can remember (if u dont know me by now .. u know i have an aweful bad memory) .. it was awesome (if that is the word for it) .. the crowd .. the music . and the whole scene ... was just different and amazing .. but then again .. back then i was only in my early 20's (shooot now u r guessing my age .. fine .. waeva) .. and i was just getting my feet wet in house and the whole club scene ..

btw .. back then .. i used to be into deep house .. and as some of you know .. i grew out of it .. not that i dont like it anymore . but just that i like the adrenaline rush that fast music causes in my body .. it is very reliefing if you ask me for the type of fast-paced-crazy-pressure life that i live ..

anyway ... Garage is gone . and not coming back .. other clubs can try to immitate them .. but they prob wont come close ..

peace

the MASK

anyway ... Garage is gone . and not coming back .. other clubs can try to immitate them .. but they prob wont come close ..

i think it's more important to know the history of places like the garage, warehouse, music box, etc. to understand the origins of new york and chicago house.........

trying to immitate that era would be pointless.......

i think it's more important to know the history of places like the garage, warehouse, music box, etc. to understand the origins of new york and chicago house.........

trying to immitate that era would be pointless.......

good point ..

peace

the MASK

answered my own question....

opens in japan, 6 week run tokyo shibuya cinema center

Opens in BERLIN, germany Sept. 18

opens in France, fall 2004

opens in italy, fall 2004

screened may 27 2004 singapore party at zouk

screened May 28 2004 Malaysia party at zouk

opened may 28 2004 (dmac) orlando, florida

opened in glasgow (scotland), May 18 2004

opened may 7th 2004 visions (Washington D.C., US)

opened (advance screening) bologna,

april 23 2004 (italy), party at link, kinki

opened on march 26 2004 gene siskel theater (chicago)

opened on March 12 2004 Quad Cinema (number one film at the QUAD)

opened on April 2 2004 , Laemmle Theaters, L.A.

(number one film at fairfax)

SCREENed july 2 & 3 2004 south beach (cinematheque 512 espanola way), florida > post party at sobe soul July 3rd

is this movie out....or where can you see it.......

It might still be playing @ the Quad......on 13th street btwn. 5th and 6th ave.......check it out but I'm not too sure........I saw it a while ago......if not there should be a release date for when its going to be on DVD on the site.

CHEERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the dvd is gonna be amazing its gonna be multi disc and have focuses on a lot of things DACNERS, the DIRECTOR JOSELL RAMOS, and DAVID MNCUSO AND THE LOFT SOUND, among other still in production i saw this movie 3 times and nothing will compare to watching it in the opening night to the crowd that actually lived it. WOW if you were there then you know what i mean. AND mask im very impressed that you went the i only know personally 4 people who actually went there and only 1 who did the full 10 yrs. And they all have their membership cards. HOW did you get in, MEMBERS ONLY and what days friday which was kinda mixed or sat the gay night?

718 SESSIONS and SHELTER alon with UNDERGROND NETWORK parties are great parties that are offspring of that sound. Even danny tenaglia when he played WHAT HE WANTED school many people who cared to listen. I can remember dancing to BABE RUTH " THE MEXICAN" at arc which is from 1979 with some friends and i look to the sides and i see guidos complaining and adjusting their sun glasses while their guidets fiexed their makeup and breast implants. Man if you cant groove or understand THAT SOUND that created what we all enjoy now then how can you deserve any respect?

Perfect example i was at roxyfor danny and victor and i had on my paradise garage shirt. 2 older guys tap me from behind and tell me somehing along the lines of "WHAT ARE YOU DOIN WEARING THAT SHIRT" and i explained to them my view on house and the scene and we laughed at a bunch of dragona ball z spiky hair robots that were dancing. And they were amazed and ver happy how great i talked about THEIR PRIME TIME CLUBBING ERA as they called it. ONe even said that i deserved to wear the shirt.

Anyhow WATCH MAESTRO and THE UNUSUAL SUSPECTS which will be coming out soon. Also read "LOVE SAVES THE DAY DANCE MUSIC CULTURE 1970-1979" by tim lawrence.Also look ot for part 2 dealing with 1980 AND 1989 coming soon "KEEP ON DANCING MY LIFE AND TIMES AND THE PARADISE GARAGE" MEL CHEREN. "YOU BETTER WORK", "LAST NIGHT A DJ SAVED MY LIFE". Sigh most of ya probably dont care anyway but i take it very serious and i love it so much that all i wanna do is spread the word.

I definitely agree with you...... I'm so interested in learning bout how we ended up here in the clubscene since I was around for studio,garage, and I don't know if you ppl know bout this one 'THE SAINT'......... I love the body and soul parties and that's probably as close as we're gonna get to THE GARAGE.

Oh well , go check out MAESTRO, and LOVE SAVES THE DAY was a great book.....I'll go check out the other ones as well.

Yo silverbull.....is that an original Paradise shirt or you bought it off the westend records site????LOL......I was just curious cuz if that was an original from a friend who wore it there......you'd probably feel that energy off that shirt.

CHEERS!!!!!!!!!!!

the dvd is gonna be amazing its gonna be multi disc and have focuses on a lot of things DACNERS, the DIRECTOR JOSELL RAMOS, and DAVID MNCUSO AND THE LOFT SOUND, among other still in production i saw this movie 3 times and nothing will compare to watching it in the opening night to the crowd that actually lived it. WOW if you were there then you know what i mean. AND mask im very impressed that you went the i only know personally 4 people who actually went there and only 1 who did the full 10 yrs. And they all have their membership cards. HOW did you get in, MEMBERS ONLY and what days friday which was kinda mixed or sat the gay night?

718 SESSIONS and SHELTER alon with UNDERGROND NETWORK parties are great parties that are offspring of that sound. Even danny tenaglia when he played WHAT HE WANTED school many people who cared to listen. I can remember dancing to BABE RUTH " THE MEXICAN" at arc which is from 1979 with some friends and i look to the sides and i see guidos complaining and adjusting their sun glasses while their guidets fiexed their makeup and breast implants. Man if you cant groove or understand THAT SOUND that created what we all enjoy now then how can you deserve any respect?

Perfect example i was at roxyfor danny and victor and i had on my paradise garage shirt. 2 older guys tap me from behind and tell me somehing along the lines of "WHAT ARE YOU DOIN WEARING THAT SHIRT" and i explained to them my view on house and the scene and we laughed at a bunch of dragona ball z spiky hair robots that were dancing. And they were amazed and ver happy how great i talked about THEIR PRIME TIME CLUBBING ERA as they called it. ONe even said that i deserved to wear the shirt.

Anyhow WATCH MAESTRO and THE UNUSUAL SUSPECTS which will be coming out soon. Also read "LOVE SAVES THE DAY DANCE MUSIC CULTURE 1970-1979" by tim lawrence.Also look ot for part 2 dealing with 1980 AND 1989 coming soon "KEEP ON DANCING MY LIFE AND TIMES AND THE PARADISE GARAGE" MEL CHEREN. "YOU BETTER WORK", "LAST NIGHT A DJ SAVED MY LIFE". Sigh most of ya probably dont care anyway but i take it very serious and i love it so much that all i wanna do is spread the word.

THANKS HUN I CARE... I LOVE LEARNING MORE ABOUT THIS ERA,,,,

mel cheren actually gave me the shirt believe it or not. But i doubt it is an originalfrom that era. Hell it smelled new when he gave it to me. Keep it up d and check outmy signature hehe.

Nice.....Mel gave you that shirt personally.....that's some good stuff right there. U def. Hitting up Spirit on the 17th for Larrys B'Day celebration???......we should have a meetup there.

CHEERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mel cheren actually gave me the shirt believe it or not. But i doubt it is an originalfrom that era. Hell it smelled new when he gave it to me. Keep it up d and check outmy signature hehe.

Nice.....Mel gave you that shirt personally.....that's some good stuff right there. U def. Hitting up Spirit on the 17th for Larrys B'Day celebration???......we should have a meetup there.

CHEERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CHEERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!