Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Jeter is one hell of a competitor!

the problem is with taking him over other players is that if he were on baltimore or detriot he would not be as good. If that makes sense.

On a bad team his clutch hits would be wasted and he is not able to carry a bad team. Not many people could carry a bad team but I would still go with arod at short. NOw if jeter wants to play second....................

the problem is with taking him over other players is that if he were on baltimore or detriot he would not be as good. If that makes sense.

On a bad team his clutch hits would be wasted and he is not able to carry a bad team. Not many people could carry a bad team but I would still go with arod at short.

THANK YOU - on a bad team Jeter is no better than Kaz Matsui. With the lineups the Yankees put out there EVERY YEAR you HAVE to pitch to Jeter. He will see the best pitches at his spot of the lineup because pitchers don't want to be burned by the rest of the order.

I'm sick and tired of hearing his f'n name...he's an overpaid, average player that gets on a hot streak in the playoffs.

DJ was VOTED in thats who people wanted to see

You are all gung-ho about jeter being "voted"... hmmm.. funny thing is, when Nomar was a leading vote getter, everyone went all up in arms becoz he hadnt played any games to warrant his appearance. Ok, whatever, the "peoples" vote is OK..so long as its a yamkee to make the roster. jtk said it, if jeter played for the tigers, no way would he be a household name.... just like Torri Hunter playing in bumfuck minnesota, jeter would have been relegated to mediocrity with a "great" play being showcased on baseball tonight show...or a slow day sportscenter feature.

Fuck jeter and his bandwagon of admirers. :)

You are all gung-ho about jeter being "voted"... hmmm.. funny thing is, when Nomar was a leading vote getter, everyone went all up in arms becoz he hadnt played any games to warrant his appearance. Ok, whatever, the "peoples" vote is OK..so long as its a yamkee to make the roster. jtk said it, if jeter played for the tigers, no way would he be a household name.... just like Torri Hunter playing in bumfuck minnesota, jeter would have been relegated to mediocrity with a "great" play being showcased on baseball tonight show...or a slow day sportscenter feature.

Fuck jeter and his bandwagon of admirers. :)

I am tired of all the "WHAT IF's" if we all lived by the "WHAT IF's" it would be a perfect world wouldn't it.

Yeah being on the right team does help out a great deal. And that is what makes many players the stars that they are today. But remember something. You did something right to be playing on the team that you are playing on. You did something right to earn the salary that you are making today. And you did something right to be one of the only Yankees that have not yet been dealt to another team for another " HOT SHOT " flash in the pants one year of dominance or chance at a ring. The truth of the matter is. Yeah Jeter may not be as good as some. But he is alot better than many. Yeah A-Rod is better. Yeah this, and yeah that. But if we spent every single day arguing who should be where and why this one should not be here... Well it kinda gets old. If Javier Lopez was on another team he would not be a 10-5 pitcher this season. If you took MO and put him on another team would he have as many saves. Yeah his ERA may still be around the same. But other stats would lack. And I love MO. But it is the same all over baseball. SO GIVE IT A FUCKIN REST... :smile: Every player is either victim of circumstance... Or they highly benefit from circumstance. The truth of the matter is. Jeter is not on another team. He is on the Yankees. His stats are what they are. Because they are what they are. :blah: :blah:

WHO GIVES A FUCK... SHUT UP AND PLAY BALL!!!

LETS GO YANKS... HERES TO A BETTER SECOND HALF... ;)

PS... IF YOU LOOK AT YANKEE HISTORY... 90% OF THERE PLAYERS GOT BETTER WHEN THEY LEFT THE TEAM. AND THE PEOPLE THAT COME TO THE YANKEES DROP OFF...

TRADE FOR TRADE... YANKEE PLAYERS GOING TO DIFFERENT TEAMS FAR OUT PERFORMED THE PLAYERS THAT CAME TO THE YANKS...

GO FIGURE...

THANK YOU - on a bad team Jeter is no better than Kaz Matsui. With the lineups the Yankees put out there EVERY YEAR you HAVE to pitch to Jeter. He will see the best pitches at his spot of the lineup because pitchers don't want to be burned by the rest of the order.

I'm sick and tired of hearing his f'n name...he's an overpaid, average player that gets on a hot streak in the playoffs.

yeh average player

FIRST BALLOT HALL OF FAME

right now he is not a first ballot hall of famer. 5-7 more years of same production then he will be close. It all depends on who retires with him or around the same year. If arod and him retire at the same time arod goes in and jeter does not.

What happens with the hall is after you retire you have 5 years i think before you are eligible. Now in that five years the voters tend to forget the flying into the stands shit and look at numbers. His numbers right now do not get him in the hall on the first ballot.He has no mvp awards only started the all star game once (this year) because arod is at third. That means he was not even the best player at his position for the past 8 years according to voters.

right now he is not a first ballot hall of famer. 5-7 more years of same production then he will be close. It all depends on who retires with him or around the same year. If arod and him retire at the same time arod goes in and jeter does not.

What happens with the hall is after you retire you have 5 years i think before you are eligible. Now in that five years the voters tend to forget the flying into the stands shit and look at numbers. His numbers right now do not get him in the hall on the first ballot.He has no mvp awards only started the all star game once (this year) because arod is at third. That means he was not even the best player at his position for the past 8 years according to voters.

10 yrs service in the game and 5 yrs after retiremnet makes you eligible and the writers vote on it,

his credentials as of right this second are borderline to get in if he retired

today. you dont have to be the best player at the position , most writers use impact/dominace over a stretch of time 7-8 yrs,

i cant see him not putting up the same #s over the next 3-5 yrs which would put him in the hall by the writers . HE will prob wind up with just under 3k hits around a .300 avg RIngs , post season mvps , rookie of year and just the general reputation he has amongst peers/ and the writers who know what kind of player he is/was

HE is in FIRST BALLOT, will keep in touch with you 10 yrs from now and will see

;)

Roger Clemens is a first balloting hall of famer

Barry Bonds is a first balloting hall of famer

Randy Johnson is a first balloting hall of famer

Mike Piazza is a first balloting hall of famer

Greg Maddox is a first balloting hall of famer

Derek Jeter is not....end of fucking story

Amen.

And if you think he compares to someone like Barry Bonds, that just PROVES my point that he's an overrated mofo.

no the end of the fucking story will be 5 yrs after Derek retires and the sportwriters vote him in to the hall of fame on his very first try

that is the end of a fucking storied career

If the HOF was just about numbers, players like Fred McGriff, Jose Canseco and the like would get in as well. Again, you do not define a player like Jeter by just his numbers. It the intangibles that set him apart from everyone else. If Phil fucking Rissuto is in the HOF then Jeter sure as hell will be in there. If you compare Jeter's numbers to Nomars there is no comparison but ask any GM in baseball who they would rather have on their team...

he has 1500 hits in 9 years, are you saying as he gets older he will produce more hits. In the next 5 he will get another 1200-1400 hits at an average of 175 a season. His hits have actually declined over the past 5 years. I think he will have to play longer then 5 and has to get more the 3000 hits to make it. Those are the bench marks when it comes to players who are not super defensive. ozzie smith for example.

He is not even close to having the credentials right now. I do not know what you guys are smoking. His home runs, rbis, and other stats are somewhat below average when it comes to the hall. I undestand a lot of writers absolutly hang on his nuts and that will help, also playing for the yanks will help. But right now there is no way he is a first ballot. Unless he retires alone and there are no other options. But if he arod and nomar retire around the same time there is no way. You also have to figure in other player around the age of 30 that will retire. Including manny. You have to get what 70% of the vote with those other player taking votes there is no way.

I also do not think piazza is a lock first ballot hof, especially if him and pudge retire at the same time.

If the HOF was just about numbers, players like Fred McGriff, Jose Canseco and the like would get in as well. Again, you do not define a player like Jeter by just his numbers. It the intangibles that set him apart from everyone else. If Phil fucking Rissuto is in the HOF then Jeter sure as hell will be in there. If you compare Jeter's numbers to Nomars there is no comparison but ask any GM in baseball who they would rather have on their team...

yeah, and everyone except Steinbrenner would say Nomar

Yet Jeter has more rings than all of them combined. That should tell you something...

he has 1500 hits in 9 years, are you saying as he gets older he will produce more hits. In the next 5 he will get another 1200-1400 hits at an average of 175 a season. His hits have actually declined over the past 5 years. I think he will have to play longer then 5 and has to get more the 3000 hits to make it. Those are the bench marks when it comes to players who are not super defensive. ozzie smith for example.

He is not even close to having the credentials right now. I do not know what you guys are smoking. His home runs, rbis, and other stats are somewhat below average when it comes to the hall. I undestand a lot of writers absolutly hang on his nuts and that will help, also playing for the yanks will help. But right now there is no way he is a first ballot. Unless he retires alone and there are no other options. But if he arod and nomar retire around the same time there is no way. You also have to figure in other player around the age of 30 that will retire. Including manny. You have to get what 70% of the vote with those other player taking votes there is no way.

I also do not think piazza is a lock first ballot hof, especially if him and pudge retire at the same time.

dont need 3000 hits to get in , you need the total resume that he has built and will only add to to get in

the writers will vote him no doubt his first time up ,even if he only winds up with 2700 hits .300 avg

he is a cornerstone of a team that has gone to the world series 6 times won 4 of them ,amongst his other tangible and intangible things that the very same writers that will vote him in write about in their columns

yeah, and everyone except Steinbrenner would say Nomar

well george is an owner but besides tha NO G.M is beating the doors down to trade for Mrs Mia Hamm

the baby that sits out during a must win game and hits .195 in the ALCS