Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Jeter is one hell of a competitor!

i agree probably one of the most consistent players of our generation. IF he had 3000 hits no brainer forst ballot. The 500 hr thing to some writers is not enough anymore and i have read on espn and such that people will not vote for just because of the hr. Like mcgriff might not even get in the hall. I am really just quoting an article by either stark or gammons. I believe he should be in it no question.

One of those gg came when he only played 28 games. But if he cured cancer then there is not doubt at all. :)

i agree probably one of the most consistent players of our generation. IF he had 3000 hits no brainer forst ballot. The 500 hr thing to some writers is not enough anymore and i have read on espn and such that people will not vote for just because of the hr. Like mcgriff might not even get in the hall. I am really just quoting an article by either stark or gammons. I believe he should be in it no question.

One of those gg came when he only played 28 games. But if he cured cancer then there is not doubt at all. :)

haha

Trust me i was pissed off that year he won his 3rd Gold glove cuz TIno was a rock that yr and thoought he had it in the bag ..and then it was like WTF

raffy was a dh the whole yr

thats why the GG is totally a subjective award....yeh if you win it your def. noted for defense and are pretty good , but def. that award doesnt hold that much weight (unless its in your contract$$$$ :) )

Ok you clowns, reality check. Lemme break it down 4 ya.

Jeter ran into that wall and over to look good. Come to think of it... it was just an out during a regular season game. Torii Hunter makes similar or better plays in the outfield almost daily. The fucking guy played the next game too..to prove what?? and no one mentioned how he sucked at it and yamkees lost the game too. With A-Shit lurking in the shadows, this guy will trot onto the field on crutches to maintain his spot (not that he's anything special-Nomar beats him by a mile).

Like I said, Jeter sucks major ass. :)

Only a dumbass like you would make a comment like this. Personally you are probably as athletically gifted as Bill Gates. When does Torii Hunter go face first into seats or much less the garbage bag in the Metrodome? Never. Maybe he throws his body into it. Jeter is the consumate professional. You get paid what .25 cents an hour to make ridiculous posts about sports and wouldn't even dare try and make a play like that. I am happy that you know how to create some sort of entertainment like this on a messageboard but come talk to us all when you are making the money Jeter does and sacrificing your body for the good of the team. If you love Nomar so much, do us all some good and take the big ass nose of his shove it in your mouth.

FYI...If Jeter was to be injured A-rod would have played short but would have gladly gone back to 3rd when his teammate came back.

get paid what .25 cents an hour to make ridiculous posts about sports and wouldn't even dare try and make a play like that.

give or take .50 and you described everyone here. :)

i will dive head first into a wall of dog shit for 17 million a year. :)

My point is Jeter would do it regardless, that is the definition of "playing with heart". I love the drama Max's post brings to the Sports board...Not that it (the dramatic effect) wasn't a known fact. He could probably be a great reporter. :aright:

get paid what .25 cents an hour to make ridiculous posts about sports and wouldn't even dare try and make a play like that.

give or take .50 and you described everyone here. :)

i will dive head first into a wall of dog shit for 17 million a year. :)

:lol3: Not many people would though. I :clap2: you.

Only a dumbass like you would make a comment like this. Personally you are probably as athletically gifted as Bill Gates. When does Torii Hunter go face first into seats or much less the garbage bag in the Metrodome? Never. Maybe he throws his body into it. Jeter is the consumate professional. You get paid what .25 cents an hour to make ridiculous posts about sports and wouldn't even dare try and make a play like that. I am happy that you know how to create some sort of entertainment like this on a messageboard but come talk to us all when you are making the money Jeter does and sacrificing your body for the good of the team. If you love Nomar so much, do us all some good and take the big ass nose of his shove it in your mouth.

FYI...If Jeter was to be injured A-rod would have played short but would have gladly gone back to 3rd when his teammate came back.

whoa !!! easy with the potty mouth there don juan.

First of all, i dunno what league you watch, last i checked...the wall close to third base is really short as compared to the outfield. So by asking if T. Hunter ever dives into the crowd is stupid and ridiculous. The plays the outfielders make is unique : They track the ball, they race it to the wall (all the while knowing the wall is coming fast but still keeping an eye focused on the ball... the ball just clears the wall..and then thats where the outfielder earns their golden gloves... climb the wall(literally) stretch out and grabs the ball out of the air and robs someone of a homerun... Jim Edmonds just did it a day or two ago...and Torri Hunter did it last yr during the All star game.

As for Jeter catching the ball inbounds and then letting the law of physics take over is nothing to write home about. I'm sorry, you can rave and rant all you want... the two positions are not comparable.. the outfield plays are spectacular !

And for heavens sake, lets dispell the notion that just becoz you are a fan of a team that wins alot doesnt necessarily make you know what you are talking about. You are a perfect example.

P.S: DaVe, if i was supposed to be paid $0.25 for every post, I think you need to contact me so we can arrange on how to expedite the payment. After all this time posting here, i'm sure some kind of interest should have kicked in by now. If you need the exact figure as to how much you owe me, please feel free to PM me. :)

whoa !!! easy with the potty mouth there don juan.

First of all, i dunno what league you watch, last i checked...the wall close to third base is really short as compared to the outfield. So by asking if T. Hunter ever dives into the crowd is stupid and ridiculous. The plays the outfielders make is unique : They track the ball, they race it to the wall (all the while knowing the wall is coming fast but still keeping an eye focused on the ball... the ball just clears the wall..and then thats where the outfielder earns their golden gloves... climb the wall(literally) stretch out and grabs the ball out of the air and robs someone of a homerun... Jim Edmonds just did it a day or two ago...and Torri Hunter did it last yr during the All star game.

As for Jeter catching the ball inbounds and then letting the law of physics take over is nothing to write home about. I'm sorry, you can rave and rant all you want... the two positions are not comparable.. the outfield plays are spectacular !

And for heavens sake, lets dispell the notion that just becoz you are a fan of a team that wins alot doesnt necessarily make you know what you are talking about. You are a perfect example.

P.S: DaVe, if i was supposed to be paid $0.25 for every post, I think you need to contact me so we can arrange on how to expedite the payment. After all this time posting here, i'm sure some kind of interest should have kicked in by now. If you need the exact figure as to how much you owe me, please feel free to PM me. :)

Don Juan... :laugh:

First off, I am a fan of players that go all out. Secondly, Not comparable? Are you kidding me? The plays that get pulled off at short are much more spectacular than the ones in the outfield. You have less time to get to the ball and you have to get rid of the ball in a split second.

Granted jumping up the wall as Edmonds did was spectacular but did you see how much time he had to get there?? Alot. Now the catch that he made over his head diving a couple years back, that was ridiculous. I'll give you that.

As for Torii Hunter, I never said he would crash into the stands I said he would crash into the garbage bag in right center. Okay okay, I mean the rug burns he gets on the Metrodome turf mean something. He will have scars the rest of his life.

Jeter sacrificed his body for the good of his team, point blank. Nomar took half the year to get back in the lineup. C'mon Nomar, grow some balls. Even Boston fans were complaining about his lack of guts.

well it is alot easier to go full out and dive into on-coming traffic when you have a gaurenteed 70 million coming.

If nomar comes back to early and blows out his achillies then next year he is lucky to a fraction of what he will get. Money should not matter but it does.

Now do not tell me that jeter would still dive in or come back early even if he did not have a contract next year. maybe he would maybe he wouldn't we do not know so don't say it. We should try to tay away from saying shit that there is no way to prove. All it does is make people angry.

Ok you clowns, reality check. Lemme break it down 4 ya.

Jeter ran into that wall and over to look good. Come to think of it... it was just an out during a regular season game. Torii Hunter makes similar or better plays in the outfield almost daily. The fucking guy played the next game too..to prove what?? and no one mentioned how he sucked at it and yamkees lost the game too. With A-Shit lurking in the shadows, this guy will trot onto the field on crutches to maintain his spot (not that he's anything special-Nomar beats him by a mile).

Like I said, Jeter sucks major ass. :)

Even Bill Simmons (an ESPN writer and a DIE HARD Sox fan) can recognize the difference between Jeter & Nomar...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/take/040702

Even Bill Simmons (an ESPN writer and a DIE HARD Sox fan) can recognize the difference between Jeter & Nomar...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/take/040702

lmao. Impulse writing is like late nite booty calls.. half the time its nothing but pure emotions. You think that piece of writing was scathing ? U didnt hear what i had to say after the game in private..The game was hotly contested.. jeter made a good play (which in essence made the top highlight) and Nomar had the nite off... true he was skulking in the dugout.. me, you and every other fake muthafuka running their mouth would have made the same blunder. Its not a comfortable feeling knowing that you almost got dumped for a flashier and more popular player. Its a human reaction. So, get off Nomars dick and appreciate his position.

That said, Pokey Reese has been awesome so far.... my boy Derek Lowe has had a ruff time... fucking Arroyo always finds a way to break my heart...well, the rest is just circumstancial (we lost close games at the end of contests)...

If i was under a gun and had to pick the best shortstop at this very moment, i would take Nomar in a heartbeat. He's focused, patient and dangerous.. could be the fact that Pokey was playing good in his abscence that hurried his comeback... but make no mistake about it... at full attack mode, Nomar blows all short stops away !!

Nomar is better than jeter !! This is not up for argument, get used to it.. and this is not a biased view coz i'm a sox fan... #s dont lie :)

fuck that sellout

:laugh: i like Nomar... many at times he's come thru.. "cant ditch the girl coz all of a sudden she's developed wrinkles" dilemma comes into play. Baseball is finally developing into a bizness.. just a matter of time till the anti-trust law becomes an issue over at capitol hill... then trully can we have a level playing ground... just my $0.02 :)

Nomar is better than jeter !! This is not up for argument, get used to it.. and this is not a biased view coz i'm a sox fan... #s dont lie :)

Don't have time to read your posts anymore, but are you serious? Do you base your players on only the regular season? Last time I looked Nomar did absolutely nothing to help his teams' cause in last seasons PS... the same cannot be said of Jeter. Sometimes numbers don't solidify the greatness of a player... they may put up very good numbers, but if they cannot perform in the clutch, it means absolutely shit.

If i was under a gun and had to pick the best shortstop at this very moment, i would take Nomar in a heartbeat. He's focused, patient and dangerous.. could be the fact that Pokey was playing good in his abscence that hurried his comeback... but make no mistake about it... at full attack mode, Nomar blows all short stops away !!

If he's so good (the best shortstop in Baseball as you say) then why are they gonna let him walk at the end of the year when they get bounced from the playoffs yet again??

:rofl: nice link jt. that should shut a few misguided 'fans'.

i wish i found that link b4 you did tho :(

yeh misguided like thinking Raffy Palmiero isnt hall of fame material or is justa 1 dimensional player

or Derek JEter is overrated and cant play baseball , or MItch blood green was a great boxer

BWAHAHHAHHHHHAHAHHAHAH

If i was under a gun and had to pick the best shortstop at this very moment, i would take Nomar in a heartbeat.

Actually, if I had to pick the best SS at this moment it wouldn't even be out of Nomar and Jeter, it would be a close tie between Young, Tejada, and Guillen. All three are playing better ball.

No one (at least not me) is denying that Jeter has heart and plays with all he's got. The guy does deserve respect. But he's not the best SS in the game so everyone just give it up.

who is the one that is claiming he is the best SS in baseball???