Clubplanet Nightlife Community

zombie nation

Motha-Fucka please, Motha-Fucka please.

How do you even know what JP is spinnin? You claim you never go there? I would hardly describe the tracks that make up a 15 hour JP set as "anthems". I'm pretty sure though you wouldn't hear ZOMBIE NATION over their though. Really though, how is it that you know what JP and Boris are spinnin when you wouldn't step foot in their clubs?

Lovely thread.

It is easy to know what other djs play when the patrons of their clubs report what songs they heard in this forum

There are quite a few songs from yesteryear (yester referring to 7-10+ years)that are embraced as warmly today as they were when the wax was new. "Cheesy anthems" don't even have a shelf life of 6 months before the reaction turns sour.

I'd rather have the ability to control a crowd with my overall track selection than bore them to death and slavage te dance floor with a well familiar and easy to follow sing-a-long that somebody else wrote.

Tis a shame. I like the rest of the dave clarke mix but unfortunately the vocal was kept in there.

3 cheers for predictable songs and easily identifying simplistic lyrics, woohoo

I agree that Zombie Nation is played out but *gulp* I still enjoy that anthem. Maybe thats cuz I really haven't heard it that many times in the clubs.

BTW, for that person saying that JP spins great stuff...just talked to a friend of mine who was a rave DJ..she said a lot of stuff that JP spun in DC last Tues, was, like 6-7 years old, and wasn't spun that well. This coming from a person who knows the music.

------------------

Music saved my soul!

Thank GAWD for Twilo!

Maybe if KTU didn't play that song out...and every other radio station in the area we'd still like that song. DJ's that play it, don't play the cheeze radio edit though. SOmetimes they play some pretty cool mixes of it. Even if it IS played out.

when it cameon me an d my boys were real fucked up and it really made us kind of pissed.

My friend said Carl probably didn't want to play it was getting paid especially to play it. It worked because when he played it the whole floor got packed.

------------------

Lets Go METS!!!!!!!!

test.jpg

Originally posted by Randy:

Lovely thread.

It is easy to know what other djs play when the patrons of their clubs report what songs they heard in this forum

There are quite a few songs from yesteryear (yester referring to 7-10+ years)that are embraced as warmly today as they were when the wax was new. "Cheesy anthems" don't even have a shelf life of 6 months before the reaction turns sour.

I'd rather have the ability to control a crowd with my overall track selection than bore them to death and slavage te dance floor with a well familiar and easy to follow sing-a-long that somebody else wrote.

Tis a shame. I like the rest of the dave clarke mix but unfortunately the vocal was kept in there.

3 cheers for predictable songs and easily identifying simplistic lyrics, woohoo

At last a voice of reason, if they get rid of the vocals some mixes don't sound that bad, but otherwise it is cheese fest. It is definitely a cheese anthem not an anthem anthem, good lord in 7 years is it going to be the track you look back and think represents the Y2K?

cwm24.gif

------------------

hapfac01.gif coming to party with you - when my H1 comes thru!------------------> boa_boy@yahoo.com