Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Where's the House Music in Philly???

choptrop

• 2 weeks later...

I was just at Rutgers for 4 years and I am wondering the same thing...the only place I've heard is good is Emerald City. Robbie Tronco (a Philly DJ) used to be good back in high school so I might go to check him out at Glam 2nite. I'll post if it's good.

Here is the axxessphilly.com weekly schedule.. You are guaranteed to hear house music at these parties.. If you would like to be on the guestlist for any of these events email me at: guestlist@axxessphilly.com

My favorite club in the city is Lounge 125.. You guys should check it out sometime..

Thursday @ Marmont with djs Chris Bee & Mike Newell

Friday @ Deco With Mike Newell and Guests

Saturday @ Lounge 125 with Chris Bee and Mike Newell

Sunday @ Marmont with Chris Bee and Mike Newell

I actually ended up going to Glam on Wednesday and Saturday. Robbie Tronco is a really cool guy so definitely say hi if you go. On Wednesday it was kind of empty so he took a lot of requests, and played a lot of house. On Saturday it was crowded and all hip-hop, at least during the time I was there. I think what he spins pretty much depends on the crowd, which is understandable. I also went to Emerald City on Saturday...that place is the best I've been to in Philly, b/c they actually have a house room and a hip-hop room (although I stopped by there on Wednesday and the house room wasn't open). Good crowd too. That is my 2 cents, hope it helped :)

• 2 weeks later...
house:

monday at soma w/ deep c

tuesday at soma w/ willyum and rob paine

wednesday at fluid (changes weekly) www.fluidnightclub.com

check out maneo.com for other events

soma is good shit.... from what i remember..i had a 24 hour flu that day and ended up pukin on the side of the building

....the guy who said sumthing about lounge 125.... i met someone at plat one night and he said he promoted...a black dude i forget his name...u kno who im talkin about, hes like the head dude?

possibility one under the age of 21 could hop in? dont care if i drink or not, but always a plus. lookin for a party.

when I was under 21 Shampoo used to be bangin on Sunday nights...this was a couple years ago though so I have no idea how it is now

It's funny you say that..

The guy you're probrubly talking about is full of shizz.. He tells girls he owns the place or he's a promoter.. 125 is a hot spot if you would like to check it out let me know..

Deco is coming along as well on friday nights.. :bounce:

soma is good shit.... from what i remember..i had a 24 hour flu that day and ended up pukin on the side of the building

....the guy who said sumthing about lounge 125.... i met someone at plat one night and he said he promoted...a black dude i forget his name...u kno who im talkin about, hes like the head dude?