Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Frankie Knuckles~~

Where he spin at? I am gettting that urge to want to queen around the room for a while with no, well....u know.

I think he has a monthly residency at Cielo on Sundays. I caught him last year and he's a very solid DJ. Check him out if you can...

He started in Chicago at the Garage where house music basically began and is considered the founder of house music

Frankie Knuckles was at the Warehouse in Chicago. Larry was at the Paradise Garage in New York. That is how hosue music got its name from the club the Warehouse.

great explaination afa let them know. But hows this for a story about the word HOUSE MUSIC. So frankie and i forget who now were driving downa a hideway and they stop at a stop sigh and frannnnkie looks at a bar with a sign that says "WE PLAY HOUSE MUSIC HERE" he turns to someone in the car and ask yo lets go inside whats this house music sound from that bar. The guy tells frakie YOU DONT KNOW nad frankie is like know what? Hes like dude its your music that youi play at the wareHOUSE. People were using the term it seems b4 frankie knew it himself.

Also i saw all these responses for frankie knucles i was like what the hell since when is this board smarting up lol. Frankie does play cielo on certain sundays i dont know when is the next one. Still one of the best sets i heard was in jan with frankie knuckles and david morales at SBNY. hERE http://deephousepage.com/frankie63001.ram

One of my fave mixes of his.

you can listen to his amazing interview here:

http://revolution.m e t r o m i x r a d i o .com/revolution_archives_s1.asp

(remove the s p a c e s in the above link)

or goto www. metromixradio .com and you'll see the Revolution banner, then goto Archives.

Personally a most gratifying experience sitting, talking, and learning from him.