Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Comments on Stephane Pompougnac (Hotel Costes) performance at the Astor

rez2000

Dude, I'd love to, but everybody I know was at Oxygen for the lingerie show. I mean, you can't really go up against TheMrs ass (wait, does that sound right?) and expect a decent showing from CP. Next time, though, next time. The Astor is a cool place, and we would have liked to come check him out.

place was busy

4 people dancing

me, my 2 friends and the girl who wanted to sleep with the dj.

no house heads

no vibe

enjoyed his music, more loungy than dancy

I wouldn't bring him monthly unless you are down with the I'm fabulous and don't dance set. Look at me!!!

We made the best of it and enjoyed ourself. Had dinner (thanks Jeff) which was very good.

thats all

I was only there for about an hour, but I'd echo Joe's sentiments. Personally, I thought he'd be better suited poolside at the Delano or at Skybar.

Rez2000, are you affiliated with Astor? If so, you should keep Brickman there on Saturday nights. The crowd seems to be pretty happy with him from the times I've been there.

I was only there for about an hour, but I'd echo Joe's sentiments. Personally, I thought he'd be better suited poolside at the Delano or at Skybar.

Rez2000, are you affiliated with Astor? If so, you should keep Brickman there on Saturday nights. The crowd seems to be pretty happy with him from the times I've been there.

isnt that the guy that plays music with his laptop??!

isnt that the guy that plays music with his laptop??!

Hmmm...he was all vinyl when he was at Astor. In any event, he keeps the campers happy. :)

BTW Norah, I'm coming up around the 14th of August. Wanna hang? I saw there's some Larry Levan tribute party going on at Spirit.

place was busy

4 people dancing

me, my 2 friends and the girl who wanted to sleep with the dj.

no house heads

no vibe

enjoyed his music, more loungy than dancy

I wouldn't bring him monthly unless you are down with the I'm fabulous and don't dance set. Look at me!!!

We made the best of it and enjoyed ourself. Had dinner (thanks Jeff) which was very good.

thats all

Place was REAL busy, until around 12:30... when it started thinning out.

The Astor is nice, but more for drinks than dancing... Seemed to me like the crowd was just all the regulars plus a whole lot of the "here-to-see-and-be-seen" patrons.

Not many Househeads AT ALL. But I did feel some Vibe.. :) at least around the Decks...

I was there with my friends trying to move a little bit whenever the constant flow of ppl allowed... But funny thing is, it was so intimate, I was basically sharing an ashtray w Stephane.. hehe He seemed kinda cool. Really up close night, checking out the names on a few tracks, chatting w sp every now and then...

It was a good time, but i do concur w macboy there... He would be so much better poolside at Skybar or a similar venue... I kept thinking about it all night!! lol

I would see him again tho... always up for some quality chilled loungy sounds in the right setting... accompanied w strong drinks, of course. :pint:

Too bad i missed u dan!

mp3.-:smoke:

Thanks for the comments. Yes, we do the weekly party Sat nights and the Astor (www.ajaxent.com) and Thursday nights at Rumi, Cherry Bomb. Brickman is not going anywhere. He is our regular, but needs a night to himself everyonce and a while. We are planning on expanding the lounge downstairs and going to try to have Stephane come once a month. He is very very loungy, but that is his music. Thanks for coming and all constructive comments.

Hope to see you more. Mark Brickman will be there the 24th and Ani Phearce on the 31st.

Regards,

Aaron