Clubplanet Nightlife Community

need help, havent been to a nyc club in about 4 years

ok, i havent been to a nyc club in about 4 years, i used to go to exit when it first opened and factory and all those old clubs, i just started going out with a girl who loves clubs but has never been to a real club, so i want to take her up to the city and show her what it's all about. here is my question, i'm 27, she's 25, i want to take her where the music is good, but i dont want to go somewhere where there are 16 year olds w/ fake 18 year old id's in k holes in the corner and wearing ufo's. i want a somewhat classy place. i heard spirit is good and jp is jp, also heard ikon is open, but who knows what that place will turn out to be. basically i want a 21+ club where the door guys arent crazy strick but dont let you wearing shitty clothes. where is good to go?

ok, i havent been to a nyc club in about 4 years, i used to go to exit when it first opened and factory and all those old clubs, i just started going out with a girl who loves clubs but has never been to a real club, so i want to take her up to the city and show her what it's all about. here is my question, i'm 27, she's 25, i want to take her where the music is good, but i dont want to go somewhere where there are 16 year olds w/ fake 18 year old id's in k holes in the corner and wearing ufo's. i want a somewhat classy place. i heard spirit is good and jp is jp, also heard ikon is open, but who knows what that place will turn out to be. basically i want a 21+ club where the door guys arent crazy strick but dont let you wearing shitty clothes. where is good to go?

Crobar??

I'm not sure who's spinning though.

Well if it's a big club you're looking for, Spirit or Crobar are the 2 choices that come to mind. Both are very nice looking venues and both are 21+ (except Fridays @ Spirit which are 18+).

IMO, Crobar is only worth going to if a big name DJ is spinning; otherwise I wouldn't bother. Too much of a hip/trendy crowd who doesn't dance.

I've had a great time anytime I've been to Spirit. JP spins on Saturdays, so you should know what to expect musicwise/crowdwise. It was pretty packed last Saturday night.

Crobar is great-nice crowd, you won't wait on line if your with your girl, and this week is Hybrid and DJ Rap. Becareful if you go on Saturday, it's just resident DJ's and the music is not great. Fridays' at Crobar is where it's at.

Ikon was great opening night, but like you said who knows with that place. China Club also has a great mid-20's good-looking crowd, you should blend in without a problem. No waiting with your girl.

man ifeel sorry for people who think fri and sat are the only nights to go out especially those who only go to big clubs.

Well he was saying he used to be into Exit and SF so I just assumed that he was looking for a big club. BTW, some of us have full time jobs which don't allow us to go out every night of the week.

man ifeel sorry for people who think fri and sat are the only nights to go out especially those who only go to big clubs.

I know there are great parties mid-week but i work full time and go to school full time, so i gotta prioritize. :)

Yeah it's a shame. Those poor mislead people with real jobs that take up so much of their time and really cut into their partying.

I know there are great parties mid-week but i work full time and go to school full time, so i gotta prioritize. :)

exactly!!!! how else are we gonna make our beamer payments??? ;) ;) dancing the night away aint gonna cut it in the real world... :beer:

once you have been to almost every club and almost every lounge..it all becomes the same, it gets boring after a few years. Same ppl, same life style, same alcoholics and druggies, guidos, bimbo wannabe pamela andersons, etc at the same clubs.... After a while, it takes a toll on u, and u begin to see signs of wear and tear on ppl's faces, it becomes a "been there, done that" thing

Career is more important than clubbing. I ran into so many clowns who put partying b4 career and they're 35 now and have crummy jobs. You can always have fun in life, but a career is harder especially now w/ high unemployment and competition.

I used to go out almost every week, now it's only for dj's I can't resist & occasional weekends. You should enjoy life while u'r young but not at the expense of a career. You can always go to a club, but great job opportunities are harder to come by.

Yeah it's a shame. Those poor mislead people with real jobs that take up so much of their time and really cut into their partying.

exactly!!!! how else are we gonna make our beamer payments??? ;) ;) dancing the night away aint gonna cut it in the real world... :beer:

:laugh: I know!!! and how else are we going to travel all around the country hitting up every city where an MTV beachhouse existed?? :eek:;)

once you have been to almost every club and almost every lounge..it all becomes the same, it gets boring after a few years. Same ppl, same life style, same alcoholics and druggies, guidos, bimbo wannabe pamela andersons, etc at the same clubs.... .

Most def agree with everything you said.

once you have been to almost every club and almost every lounge..it all becomes the same, it gets boring after a few years. Same ppl, same life style, same alcoholics and druggies, guidos, bimbo wannabe pamela andersons, etc at the same clubs.... After a while, it takes a toll on u, and u begin to see signs of wear and tear on ppl's faces, it becomes a "been there, done that" thing

Career is more important than clubbing. I ran into so many clowns who put partying b4 career and they're 35 now and have crummy jobs. You can always have fun in life, but a career is harder especially now w/ high unemployment and competition.

I used to go out almost every week, now it's only for dj's I can't resist & occasional weekends. You should enjoy life while u'r young but not at the expense of a career. You can always go to a club, but great job opportunities are harder to come by.

i agree 100%

its only a matter of time after you'v been in the club scene, you realize that its the same thing over and over again with the same peeps.

I choose special events to go out these days...