Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Joe Mama + Sergio Santos @ Rise

groovefire

This Friday, 07.30.04, ORBIT friday welcomes Guest DJs Joe Mama + Sergio Santos (Boston).

I suspect not much intro is needed here...Joe and Sergio are a couple of Boston's best local house music DJs and their appearance at Rise has been a long time coming. This ain't no snotty DNC crap...this is straight up funky crunkness. Don't miss out!

And, as always, Tym Ryan downstairs.

1:30am until 6:30am

Upcoming....

ORBIT friday: 08.06.04:

Special Guest DJ Chris Fortier (Bedrock, Fade Records, Balance Promote Group), upstairs and Tym Ryan (Boston) downstairs

ORBIT friday: 08.13.04:

Resident DJs Groovefire (Boston/RI) upstairs and Tym Ryan (Boston) downstairs

ORBIT friday: 08.20.04:

Guest DJs Eli Wilkie and Bons (Boston), upstairs and Tym Ryan (Boston) downstairs

This Friday, 07.30.04, ORBIT friday welcomes Guest DJs Joe Mama + Sergio Santos (Boston).

I suspect not much intro is needed here...Joe and Sergio are a couple of Boston's best local house music DJs and their appearance at Rise has been a long time coming. This ain't no snotty DNC crap...this is straight up funky crunkness. Don't miss out!

And, as always, Tym Ryan downstairs.

Upcoming....

ORBIT friday: 08.06.04:

Special Guest DJ Chris Fortier (Bedrock, Fade Records, Balance Promote Group), upstairs and Tym Ryan (Boston) downstairs

ORBIT friday: 08.13.04:

Resident DJs Groovefire (Boston/RI) upstairs and Tym Ryan (Boston) downstairs

ORBIT friday: 08.20.04:

Guest DJs Eli Wilkie and Bons (Boston), upstairs and Tym Ryan (Boston) downstairs

WARNING: stay clear of the DJ booth!!!!!!

I'm really lookin forward to this night. Sergio has been rockin the floors @ the Phoenix Landing with Marz crew for quite sometime, and I cant wait to tag the decks with this guy...

There will be no set times, we'll go record for record or 3 for 3 or whatever all night and just let the crowd/vibe take over...

Please email me if anyone needs passes, Ill be out and about all week too....

See you all on the dance floor!

Joe Mama

Sean Cusick and Morgan Hadley start the night off at Avalon this friday while Manny Lehman is over at Machine. Then starting at 1:30am, it's Boston's own Joe Mama and Sergio Santos upstairs at RISE. These guys will be switching off all night so you can expect the unexpected.

JOE MAMA

plastic sex | shameless | shine

USA born and raised, Joe Musser aka DJ Joe Mama, (that's Joe in the photo) has been rapidly moving up the ranks of the DJ ladder over the past 2 years. Joe's roots in music can be traced back to the days when he was accomplished cellist by the age 9. Lacking the necessary guidance to push forward, Joe quickly adapted to the production side, and various support roles in the nightlife industry, starting with stints working for Prince @ Glam Slam, as well as Paisley Park. From there, his interest in a hybridization of electronic, rock, and pop pushed him into the world of today's dance music. Influences ranging from 80's New Wave, to Psychedelic 60's rock, to electronica can be deciphered in Joe's mix selections.

SERGIO SANTOS

pantydrop | marz | bump

It is not easy living the life of an international playboy. From Coast to Coast and around the world, Sergio Santos has a relentless passion for music and a taste for life. Born in Cambridge MA, Sergio moved to Portugal early in his teen years where he regularly attended numerous club nights and parties, emersing himself in the underground dance scene. In 1996 Sergio returned to Boston as the Acid House sound was dominating the Club scene here in the States and overseas. A sound and the scene that would have a profound influence and impact on his direction in life. Over the next few years Sergio began learning and mastering the skill of DJing. His dedication and love for DJing was clear through each time he played.... An effort that would not go un-noticed.

In August 2002, Sergio's efforts had paid off when he was asked to join as a resident DJ at Bump, Sunday nights at the Phoenix Landing. Since then Bump has become one of the most celebrated house nights in Boston and the Phoenix Landings most consistent Sunday night in its 9 year history. Sergio played a very significant and vital role in the success of Bump. Whether it was promoting up and down the streets of Boston, or opening for world renown producers and DJs such as; Gene Farris, Kenny Hawkes, Inland Knights, Colette, and many more. In April 2004, Sergio really turned some heads with a memorable opening set for Fred Everything at the Bump 2 year anniversary, which ultimately got him a opening slot with Fred at Avalon this August. Bringing his Chi town bounce with European flare to the floor of Lansdowne Street.

Like we said, It is not easy living the life of an international playboy, but Sergio makes it look simple. Breaking hearts and destroying dancefloors, Sergio continues to spread machismo all around the world fueled by a passion for life and a little thing called House!

I am new to Boston and my friend is a promotor for various clubs. She gave me three guest passes to rise and I was psyched. Then upon reading the fine print is said you need to enter with a member. What do I do? I had met Sergio at a red bull party last year at cyclorama and tried calling him but we havn't talked since that party.

I am new to Boston and my friend is a promotor for various clubs. She gave me three guest passes to rise and I was psyched. Then upon reading the fine print is said you need to enter with a member. What do I do? I had met Sergio at a red bull party last year at cyclorama and tried calling him but we havn't talked since that party.

Well for starters, if you're new to Boston, I think it a bit presumptuous to call yourself bostongeorge already. ;) Just kidding.

What color is the pass? If it's purple, you're all set, you can go yourself. If it's green, yes, you'd have to arrive with the member that gave you those.

Alternatively, you can email Joemusser1@aol.com. He's DJing at Rise tonight and will take care of you. Let me know if you have any problems.