Clubplanet Nightlife Community

About two months ago I was

completely out of it. I needed to do something. Anything. To get out of my funk.

One night as I stared down at the silver alligator on my Lacoste shirt it dawned on me....

"Eureka!" I thought. The answer to my problems had been so obvious. It was then that I vowed to spend an entire day with my collar standing proudly erect for all to see. I awoke the next morning and fished out a pair of khakis from my dresser to compliment my crisp pastel pink polo shirt. I hurried into the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. "Could I really do this?" I thought. After a moment of consideration I cautiously lifted my hands to my neck, got a firm grip on the fabric, and with a stunning flick of the wrist turned my collar skyward. It was majestic. I felt a strange surge of unholy power. I glanced back at the stranger who faced me in the mirror. He was staring back at me with an affluent smirk and a look of general indifference; I knew the transformation was complete.

I felt like I was walking taller that morning, with a distinct skip in my step, I had not a care in the world. On the ferry to New York people took quick glances away from the ground to admire my popped collar. Truly this fashion statement held a power over them, particularly members of the opposite sex. By the time I had finished my eight minute ferry ride I had probably received at least six phone numbers from a variety of Wall Street business women.. In classical popped-collar fashion I threw away all of them when I arrived to work. "There will be more phone numbers today," I thought. "I'll have to be selective if I'm going to carry them around all day."