Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tony Humphries at Discoteque

went to disoteque Thurs night for Tony Humphries. He plays some of the best music going, house classics and some fresher house tracks.

Im surprised the crowd was so sparse, maybe 80 people?

Tony has some of the best music to be heard in any club.

The vibe was great for those who attended a truly multi-racial and diverse crowd age-wise. and no attitude or rudeness everyone was devoted to tony's music & to the vibe of the event.

I wonder why this party isnt more popular, the music is great!!!!

believe me im a huge tony fan and went to the first 2 parties. Just had other engagements that night or you wouldve saw me there as well. Problem is alot of people dont like that music on this board and also some of that crowd is still tired from weds at cielo and shelter. I doubt i will make it this thur cause behrouz is at cielo but the thursday after that im there. Tony plays usually till abot 6am. Walked by there with some friends around 430ish and saw a totally different crowd stadnig outside waiting to get it. BORIS,jp type of crowd and they seem like they just wanted to get inside FOR SOMETHING other than tony.

SCOOb-e were you were there cool i had some friends there as well from arc,loft. ELISCEO,RON i think you might know them. And the name of the song you liked that night is called "HIGHER" By david morales and albert cabrerra it came out in about 2000 if im not mistaken.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to discoteque again last night aug 12 for tony humphries--

this party is delivering some of the very best house music being heard in nyc right now on a weekly basis...I cannot imagine why its not more crowded and why the house & dance music lovers are not flocking to this event and celebrating it.

its not just old school house altho that vibe def underlies every beat & tune. its NOW house music spun by 1 of teh greatest ever TH. and his partner (alan?) is pretty major too with a bag of classic house & even old skool r&b and funk-- JB's Doing It to Death at 4;20 am!!!!

Im going to keep going as many thursdays as I can-- anybody who loves house music shld chk this party out

also discoteque-- which gets mad crowded for junior-- is actually a cozy club when its 1/3 full like for tony-- there was even some air conditioning lats night!! I dont think I ever felt any a/c durimng jjuniors sweat filled sardine box nights

chk this thursday nioght party out & you will be converted to tony's amazing house tunes & experience-- its soe of the best music to be heard in nyc right now & everyone at CP who loves house & its leading lights owes to to them selves & the scene to represent.

sweet sounds!!!!

shoot.. i LOOOOVE this type of music... but shit, no one i know likes it but me (and my brother of course), but this is why i dont make it to some events... though i do hit cielo when i can, i just love partying there... oh and clinton, u said something about see a good crowd age wise, im sure u see alot of ol skool peeps, but i cant imagine seeing too many 18+ peeps, their more into trance and ktu.. lol.. hows the crowd though??

PS. is tony gonna be there for awhile, cause i miss the subliminal sessions on thurs in the fall?? silverbull, u know anything bout that??

its a cool mixed crowd age wise and racially. from 19-30s.

let the teens have their ktu.trance.

house music is my/our music & tony is a legend & more.

chk out thurs @ discotq w/tiony & you will hear some of the best house sounds in nyc 2004.

*peas*