Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Cat people - some help plz

iamme

so im thinking of getting a kitten...i didnt get one before because i didnt want it fuckin up my parents furniture and stuff. they have realy nice stuff from all over the world, and i would feel horrible of my cat fucked anything up. someone told me alot of house cats are declawed...which seems like a solution to my problem.

im new to all this so any help/advice would be appreciated.

how costly is it per year to have a cat? should i adopt one from the SPCA? does the SPCA even have kittens? ho

how hard are they to train with the litter box, etc.? i leave at 6:45 and am back at 6PM..is that too long to be away (although my dad is here all day)? is it going to piss everywhere?

help plz :)

(i would love a puppy but dont have as much time for it...since cats are more independant...)

i have the cat that me and my ex adopted from a local shelter. it was best way we thought to purchase a cat, and he is the best. he was already fixed when we got him, and all we had to do was make a donation to the shelter. as far as litter box training, he was real easy, he went to it like flies to shit, much much easier than a puppy. declawing is recommended, but i give him plenty of stuff to scratch besides my furniture. as far as cost per year, not sure, id have to sit down and think about it.

so im thinking of getting a kitten...i didnt get one before because i didnt want it fuckin up my parents furniture and stuff. they have realy nice stuff from all over the world, and i would feel horrible of my cat fucked anything up. someone told me alot of house cats are declawed...which seems like a solution to my problem.

im new to all this so any help/advice would be appreciated.

how costly is it per year to have a cat? should i adopt one from the SPCA? does the SPCA even have kittens? ho

how hard are they to train with the litter box, etc.? i leave at 6:45 and am back at 6PM..is that too long to be away (although my dad is here all day)? is it going to piss everywhere?

help plz :)

(i would love a puppy but dont have as much time for it...since cats are more independant...)

Ive had a few cats in my life.

My first two cats came with my parents from the UES of NYC to LA. Later I had another cat from birth.

Recently, I went out on a (not so good) date with a girl that had so many cats and eveything she said validated what I believed.

a) Each cat has its own personality. My last cat for example was so friggen brilliant that he told you what to do lol ... early on he was a bit of a punk and would run you ragged until he got his way and knew he was the bomb cuz he was a friggen stunning cat every guest would swoon over. But years later he got flee enemia and basically I saved his life with a blood transfusion and from that point forward he was so friggen nice and cool.

B) Here's the hard part: Letting go. My last car (above) was and would be my last because in the end, after nearly 15 years of someone being your brother in a way as this cat was for me, when they get gravely sick, you have to put them to sleep. I did it then (barely) and knew I could never do it again. It's extremely heart breaking and I could never go through an experience like that again.

c) Furniture. Wicker, tapsetry, fabric chairs/sofas - they'll get some. Mine got mine. I dont believe in declawing.

d) Food. Cat food is expensive. Costco was a help.

e) Litter box. It works. They use it. Dont ask me how they know. But they seem to prefer it themselves. (My cat also used my toilet and sometimes flushed it.)

f) Smell. Cat pea smell is the worse and despite what anyone tells you, you almost never get it out (and that's without carpets).

g) Companionship: leaving the cat alone during the day. It realllllly depends on the cat. But most cats luv affection like humans. So if you get home and cant spend it, the cat aint gonna like you. Also - think about where the cat will sleep. My cats always wanted to sleep with me which was a no-no cuz they snorred (worse than my dog lol) and they sleep where they like it (not where you would prefer lol). So decide where you want the cat to sleep.

Overall, cats are absolutely wonderful but decide if you are ready for the commitment for the next 8-12 or so years. Any question, post back. :D