Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ski / Snowbaord Trip information !!!!!!!

ok ok ok ... i brought up this topic a while back and it had some positive replies ... so now that winter is further underway i've been looking into it more .. i've been talkin with bus trip companies and yadda yadda ... i figured we'd bus it up in a big group, since maybe some of us do not have cars and whatnot ... the thing is i'm tryin to figure out where we should stay ... i'm think slopes hotel cuz it cheap and i'm gonna try and set up a deal at slopes for us ... i need to know how many people think they are going to attend ( seriously) .

i have to make a call i think i can def hook us up with a happy hour deal at this guys place which is the happy hour hot spot (some of you migth know him as Boots, from the hamptons)

i also need to know what weekends are good for people and what time they can leave on friday ...

any other info or suggestions anyone has let me know ...

u can post em .. or e-mail me at joe@digitalnoise.com

------------------

header_mockup_r1_c3.gif

Uhh if we go after January 10th, I can leave anytime...if we go prior to that, well I just dont think I can go.

I have never been skiing though (once in 8th grade and it was horrible) but I really wanna do this...let me know...

------------------

buttrfly.gif

"Love is friendship set to music."

...E. Joseph Crossmann

Whoa....word of advice...NO SLOPES!!!! At least not to stay at. Its a complete mess, literally! Eight of us went there last winter for Pres.'s Weekend and they told us that the room could sleep 10, I don't know how because we had 2 less 10....8 and we were packed in there like sardines! the room was 12x12 with 4 full beds.....thats it! The bathrooms are shared, like Dorms and the water in the showers is scorching HOT!

Maybe HVI's (HUnter Village Inn) has better rooms, but definately stay away from sleeping at Slopes....go there only for the club smile.gif

Anyway, I'm in for snowboarding so keep me posted with the specs of when and where.....anytime is good for me

cwm35.gif

------------------

www.djcentral.com

Originally posted by uknjx2:

joeyd, maybe we won't need a bus, even thought that would be a total blast....if enough of us have cars we could prob. car pool it!! I'd be willing to give a ride to anyone who needs it. Just a thought....also, i mentioned last time about a place called Snowed Inn, it's a b&b and it's a house, the woman who owns it lives in a separate house. If we had enough people we could prob. rent the whole place. I can give her a call if you like, get prices, whatever....let me know if you want help

no doubt .... i'd be up for not busing it ., a lot of my friends have trucks ( suvs whatver) .... my car is mad small with my board and a bag i can maybe put on person and their stuff in my car ... that b&b sounds ok .. we really need to knwo how many people are gonna come ... i knwo w guy with aouse out there maybe i can make him an offer for the weekend .. he pretty cool ... we cant trash teh freakin house tho ! ... anyone that wnats to try and help and set this up with me is totally welcome i ussually set up a trip for liek 6-8 people to killington that real easy cuz i've done it before and killington is realllly really helpful .... maybe i'll look in to that anyone interested in heading toward VT. ??? but if we're talkin about 20 -30 to hunter i migth need help ...

------------------

header_mockup_r1_c3.gif

Joey try http://www.huntermtn.com/

See if that helps.. I can't ski...too fragile.. My bf can ..and like I said before I can't ski but I have all the gear....I 'm only good at being a ski bunny... i can leave whenever.. Schedule's pretty flexible.

------------------

------------------------@

vampienyc10

vampie@aol.com

smile2.gif

"One is not born a woman, one becomes one."

- Simone de Beauvoir

thanks vampie ,.,i goto that site a lot ... i need to make some calls i'm waitin til i;'m not in my office to do it , maybe wed or thursday .. i will not be stayin in any dump .. joey dollars dont travels in hostels or shit holes ok ? =) =) .... for all those who cant see there will be things to do for u i'm sure ... and i'm sure u will be lookin gooood in your gear .... maybe u can go like horse back riding or snowmobiling ... my friend gota tatto up there a while back , so maybe u can get inked up .. u canwrite joey dollars club nyc 2000 ski trip ., as to not forget how much fun we had =) >>>>

------------------

header_mockup_r1_c3.gif

Originally posted by mysteriousss:

To whoever said that hotels are crappy there.. We def should find out for sure before going coz I'm sure nobody wants to end up sleeping in a 2"x5" room and sharing a bathroom with 100000 other ppl. I'm not a spoiled brat but decent conditions are a must smile.gif

I know for a fact, my own personal expierence, that SLOPES is a no no! Call me a brat too but I made the best of it once and only once.....ALL jokes aside, SLOPES is grrroooooosss!

------------------

www.djcentral.com

Originally posted by imaqtxoxo:

I know for a fact, my own personal expierence, that SLOPES is a no no! Call me a brat too but I made the best of it once and only once.....ALL jokes aside, SLOPES is grrroooooosss!

That's strange.. We used to go to the Poconos every New Years. Rented a house and it was always nice and clean and not ugly at all... This one place has beautiful houses but they are small (2 bedrooms + room upstairs ->> beauuuutiful house)..

Joey - snowmobiling!! I wanna go.. Never tried it but it looks like so much fun!

I can't drive up there though.. I will get killed in my car in bad weather..

Originally posted by imaqtxoxo:

Whoa....word of advice...NO SLOPES!!!! At least not to stay at. Its a complete mess, literally! Eight of us went there last winter for Pres.'s Weekend and they told us that the room could sleep 10, I don't know how because we had 2 less 10....8 and we were packed in there like sardines! the room was 12x12 with 4 full beds.....thats it! The bathrooms are shared, like Dorms and the water in the showers is scorching HOT!

Maybe HVI's (HUnter Village Inn) has better rooms, but definately stay away from sleeping at Slopes....go there only for the club smile.gif

Anyway, I'm in for snowboarding so keep me posted with the specs of when and where.....anytime is good for me

cwm35.gif

yeah that what i was affaid of ... i need to find out where we can stay in tannersville so we can get to the mountain and to nightlife .... ... i migth need hotel suggestions ...

------------------

header_mockup_r1_c3.gif

Originally posted by mysteriousss:

Just say when/where smile.gif I love ski trips.. Make sure there is a little something in the house for me though.. You know what I'm talking about right Joey?

dont worry babe i got you covered .. =) .

and btw - i'm so excited that all these girls have replied to my post so far .. i cant wait to be chillin with all you cuties in your lil snowbunny outfits ! ... looks liek this is gonna be a fun weekend for Joey D. yay !!!!...

and misskity .. i'll get back to you on a date ,.... maybe after jan 10 ... probally actually .. or if not if all goes well we can do a second one ...

and for snow ...i dont know how great hunter is right now .. i know in killington slopes are open for skiing already my friend was riding theer on sunday so ... by Dec it shoudl be good ... i dont wanna goto hunter and see a bunch of mud and patchy snow/ ice dirt .. =) hitting a patch of mud on a snowboard and landing it in face first sucks !

------------------

header_mockup_r1_c3.gif

[This message has been edited by joeydollaz (edited 11-07-2000).]

Any weekend, any hotel room (or we could just sleep in the bus), set it up!!!

Ther's plenty of prtying to be done, plenty of places to stay, plenty of shuttles to the mountain from wherever you stay.

The mountains usually start blowing snow around Thanksgiving, so anytime in Dec. or later is good.