Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Old Age

I work in an eye surgery center where we do cataract surgery and a little ocular plastic. I spend my days dealing with old people and I tell ya we have a lot to learn from them. Sometimes they can be a little difficult but I guess they may have earned the right to get testy. I especially love the couples that come in and they're still so in love with each other....it just makes me want to sob into my tea. I think we need to respect our elders a little more. Some of them are all alone in the world and it really makes ya think twice....that could be you or me one day. Be nice to the elderly!! (And I will try to remember this on the days when I'm tired and cranky b/c sometimes I yell and that's not good).

------------------

jumpdei.gif Boink like a bunny!!!

Originally posted by uknjx2:

I work in an eye surgery center where we do cataract surgery and a little ocular plastic. I spend my days dealing with old people and I tell ya we have a lot to learn from them. Sometimes they can be a little difficult but I guess they may have earned the right to get testy. I especially love the couples that come in and they're still so in love with each other....it just makes me want to sob into my tea. I think we need to respect our elders a little more. Some of them are all alone in the world and it really makes ya think twice....that could be you or me one day. Be nice to the elderly!! (And I will try to remember this on the days when I'm tired and cranky b/c sometimes I yell and that's not good).

cwm29.gifcwm29.gif Feel better ??? You were just venting you know? cwm20.gifcwm20.gif But I understand totally !!!

------------------

------------------------@

vampienyc10

vampie@aol.com

smile2.gif

"One is not born a woman, one becomes one."

- Simone de Beauvoir

Originally posted by vampienyc10:

cwm29.gifcwm29.gif Feel better ??? You were just venting you know? cwm20.gifcwm20.gif But I understand totally !!!

don't mean to vent, sorry,,,,,,acutally i'm usually really ticked off at the old people that can be the biggest pains in the asses. today i'm feeling all warm and fuzzy about the octogenarians.....don't know why.

------------------

jumpdei.gif Boink like a bunny!!!

I agree with you totally, if you could see the way that some of these people are treated you might have a bit more sympathy for their plight. Been in a nursing home recently??

They do have a lot to offer and many of them have already made their offering and now deserve a little respect for it.

I want to be one of those little old ladies that uknj was talking about, I'll walk around with my little old husband who I'm still totally in love with and when one of us dies the other one will go in a matter of days.

ARTFUL!! Not nice tongue.gif Stop saying things like that or you'll turn into one of the cranky old men!

------------------

blultbar.gif

A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to it's old dimensions.

~*~*~Don't use time or words carelessly, neither can be retrieved.~*~*~