Clubplanet Nightlife Community

With all of these 'Tunnel Classics' parties....

i met chris a few times through timmy "psykopath". limelight i was there the last yr up until it closed, i think i was one of the last djs to spin there as limelight, i wish i couldve had the chance to spin there in the 90's but i was only like 16 the 1st time i went there i think around 96' and it was on a wens during the disco 2000 parties, that was my 1st nyc club i went to been addicted ever since. i sure wish some1 would put a lil effort into the parties now a days..those 2 clubs were my home every fri n sat from like 96 till both of them close

Guest distort909

i remeber that jerk off ........ none of us thought that was a cool idea that he used the same dj name...... especialy cause by that time Gonzo was so established & known threw out the scene. i dont remember that kid playing tunnel more then i think a handful of times. If i was a dj with the same name as a main player you bet your behind i would have changed my name............

i remeber that jerk off ........ none of us thought that was a cool idea that he used the same dj name...... especialy cause by that time Gonzo was so established & known threw out the scene. i dont remember that kid playing tunnel more then i think a handful of times. If i was a dj with the same name as a main player you bet your behind i would have changed my name............

The Gonzo that I remember used to play in the hallway, I think he only played the main for a few weeks after the first 99' raid and then Baez came back but by that time the was only fulls of ghosts!

Guest distort909
The Gonzo that I remember used to play in the hallway, I think he only played the main for a few weeks after the first 99' raid and then Baez came back but by that time the was only fulls of ghosts!

nope that wasnt my gonzo......... chris gonzo was the main floor resident of limelight thursday night & saturday night & did tunnel & paladium main floor.................. he isnt a side room dj. after eddie & crew lost the friday night he was back there on a friday night & played the omen party's

they were a hard techno party.................. not really promoted but had like 2000 people at it. the last fun times i ever had their before its closing :(

lol i know alot of people were heated he spun by gonzo, and until i met chris i thought ivan was the real "gonzo" timmy used to tell me all the time how much it pissed cris off. esp since chris was spinnin alot longer. i did the hallway with ivan for over a yr, he stopped djing though. i have spoken to him in prob 4 yrs

I went to Ikon's "Tunnel Reunion" party last night and it was pretty weak. I have to give props to Eddie Baez though, he spun a hell of a set even though there was no energy in the club. It was about 3/4 full at about 4 AM and most of the kids there weren't even going to clubs when the tracks he was playing came out. The ratio of bouncers to club goers was about 1 to 4, it was hard as hell to find "party favors" and they had the AC cranked (it was cold as hell). All things combined I had a decent time (just to hear the older songs on a pumpin' system), although it was nothing like the old days.........

4-10-99

NEW YORK

Undercover narcotics officers arrested 14 people early Saturday at a popular Manhattan nightclub where the drug Ecstasy was being sold, police said.

One patron at the Tunnel club suffered a drug overdose and was taken to a hospital during the buy-and-bust operation, said Detective George Nagy, a department spokesman.

The nightspot is operated by Peter Gatien, who also owns the Limelight. Last month, he and his wife pleaded guilty to larceny and tax evasion charges.

Last year, Gatien was acquitted in a federal narcotics case. Prosecutors claimed he had allowed sales of cocaine and other drugs to his customers.

Among those arrested early Saturday, nine were charged with selling the drug, three with possession and one with disorderly conduct, Nagy said.

The club manager was arrested for having an underage person near the bar while the drug was being sold.

8-17-00

A new era in New York City nightlife begins...

Manhattan's largest nightclub returns newly renovated and remodeled.

With 13 DJs in 6 different rooms, featuring Johnny Vicious. In the mezzanine,

music provided by Carlo Caruso, Ryan Bain and DJ Riddles. In the Nu room

music by Steve Perez, Sal Klutch, and Tony Dee. Djs Albo and Marc Anthony

spin in the Hallway, while Dj Riz and Anthony Vitale play the hip-hop in the

Xanders cafe. Tunnel's Saturday staple Kurfew continues in the Scharf room.

The main floor is taken over by resident DJ and producer Johnny Vicious and

Steven Zor.

You don't want to miss the hottest night of the year, at the grand re-opening

of the legendary Tunnel.

Located at the corner of West 27th and 11th Avenue, with a new bar and fresh

coat of paint, Tunnel is back and better than ever.

Guest distort909

In the Nu room

music by Steve Perez, Sal Klutch, and Tony Dee.

because he spun that night i was forced to go out to this..............

that was the night tunnel opened a record store in the club............ it only lasted that weekend i believe........

yeah gonzo was gonzo since childhood & was djing pro since the late 80's. I believe he was 14 years old when he spun freestyle in palladium with scott black............he ws one of the the first dj's to start playing techno in bklyn along with lenny dee & the groove crew............. so i can understand why it pissed him off that some one else in our area used his name.............. its not like he was mad at all the gonzo's in the world. you cant help that one...

thats like if i decided to call myself heather heart............ why would i do that if there is already one?

any way thank you for a trip down memory lane............ now its time to get back to our not so exciting present & my dream of a better tomorrow