Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Crobar, Soundbar

exit24e

Anyone know if Soundbar has a website or anyone know where i could get a list of upcoming events?

About Crobar, I looked at upcoming events. This guy Terry Bristol, or whatever, whats he about, what does he spin. Also, does Crobar Chicago bring in the international talent like Miami and New York.

One more thing i see that John Digweed is at some place called Escape in Minneapolis. Does this place bring in people like that on the regular? Any info about that place would be much appreciated.

Any info would be helpful, also any other hotspots that you know of. My musical taste is pretty wide, all kinds of house and progressive, even a little trance... i'm up for jsut about anyhting right now.

one more thing whats the scene like out here, are most clubs bottle service and dress to impress, Bc i can do that scene, but i would much prefer to dress comfortable (not looking like a dirt bag or anyhting) and jsut go out and dance.

Did you move to Chicago? It's not too bad. I can tell you about Crobar. It's a little smaller than the one in NYC, but it's not too bad considering it's in the midwest. It's about as good as you'll find (I'm pretty sure).

Teri Bristol is this chick that spins as partners with this other girl Psycho Bitch. They aren't too bad. Some hard house, a lot of commercial stuff. Think Denny Tsettos-ish (except maybe not as good-but still OK).

Good luck in Chicago.

Did you move to Chicago? It's not too bad. I can tell you about Crobar. It's a little smaller than the one in NYC, but it's not too bad considering it's in the midwest. It's about as good as you'll find (I'm pretty sure).

Teri Bristol is this chick that spins as partners with this other girl Psycho Bitch. They aren't too bad. Some hard house, a lot of commercial stuff. Think Denny Tsettos-ish (except maybe not as good-but still OK).

Good luck in Chicago.

This was before they closed and remodeled. They have been open for a year now and the club is a smaller version of the one sobe. As far as music, its pretty average on saturdays(no big names like miami or Ny) and as far as i know fridays are now hip-hop on the main floor, dance in the vip. Its bottle srvc oriented type of place these days, as long as you dont look like a slob you should get in, although ive seen them break balls about dresscode few times.

Soundbar is smaller, maybe your type of place. sound-bar.com is their website, they have talent there on weekly basis(fridays). Not sure about the dresscode, i dont go there.

Check out Vision for some great talent/music on saturday nights with Spundea...

This board is stale, so for up to date shit go to w w w.inside-chicago.com

(no spaces of course)

have fun

Yea i am gona check out both places, soundbar seems like more my thing tho, are they gona give me shit for not wearing dress shoes and a collared shirt tho? And anyone know if its 21 or 18

youre going to be ok dressing down @ soundbar. All clubs in Chicago are 21+

Saturday's at Crobar are progressive house in the main room - Marc & Teri. VIP is more hip/hop old school. I know Marc & Teri so let me know when you're going and I'll have them put you on their guest list. Crobar doesn't really get good talent too often. They had Felix a couple Friday's ago. Sound Bar however, gets some big names. I saw Sasha in June and just saw Paul Van Dyk there a couple Friday's ago. They also have Digweed coming there on the 26th of this month. Vision is another place too that gets big names - they do Spundae every Saturday. They had Tiesto in June and I actually went last night for awile to see Crystal Method. I think DJ Dan's coming there too in the next couple weeks. Very cool place - huge but for some reason I can't get into the crowd there.

youre going to be ok dressing down @ soundbar. All clubs in Chicago are 21+

No I know, I jsut want to wear stuff that is at least semi-comfortable. well i am probably gona hit some stuff this coming weekend, i have to see if I have anyone to come out with me. Most of these people on this base don't like "techno." So I am either gona have to force a few to come out with me or jsut be a trooper and go alone.

Saturday's at Crobar are progressive house in the main room - Marc & Teri. VIP is more hip/hop old school. I know Marc & Teri so let me know when you're going and I'll have them put you on their guest list. Crobar doesn't really get good talent too often. They had Felix a couple Friday's ago. Sound Bar however, gets some big names. I saw Sasha in June and just saw Paul Van Dyk there a couple Friday's ago. They also have Digweed coming there on the 26th of this month. Vision is another place too that gets big names - they do Spundae every Saturday. They had Tiesto in June and I actually went last night for awile to see Crystal Method. I think DJ Dan's coming there too in the next couple weeks. Very cool place - huge but for some reason I can't get into the crowd there.

How is the Spundae Party? It seems pretty cool.

Be on the look-out for Oscar G up in Chicago.. I think he's going to be at SoundBar...

And Tommy - I think Tony is going to fly up for it.. lol :beer:

from http://www.sound-bar.com/

Main Level:

John Curley / johncurley.dj

Chris Tomasone / christomasone.com

Lower Level:

Jernell Geronimo

Round-Bar:

Shaka 23 / shaka23.com

Jay Prasad / purefuture.com

and for friday night:

Definite Form