Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Chitosan

Back to your question on Chitisan.

This is a product that is marketed to reduce fat absorbtion in the gut. No studies have shown any significant benifit from the product.

btw - it is what exoskeletons in insects and crustations are made of.

I have never heard of it being marketed to reduce anxiety. But I may be wrong.

Nautica

Chitosan is an ingridient in many "fat burner" products, for example Stacker 3. It is claimed that if ingested prior to a meal, the chitosan bonds to the fats that you consume, forming a compound that is too large to be absorbed by the body, so it gets excreted. If your body does not absorb the fats you consume, the argument is that you won't gain wight. It is derived from the exoskeleton of some shellfish, so if you're allergic, don't take it.

as far as anxiety goes, consult your doctor

Chitosan is an ingridient in many "fat burner" products, for example Stacker 3. It is claimed that if ingested prior to a meal, the chitosan bonds to the fats that you consume, forming a compound that is too large to be absorbed by the body, so it gets excreted. If your body does not absorb the fats you consume, the argument is that you won't gain wight. It is derived from the exoskeleton of some shellfish, so if you're allergic, don't take it.

as far as anxiety goes, consult your doctor

Along with what she said, supposedly, fat soluble vitamins in your system will also get flushed out, such as Vitamins A & D. Keep that in mind.

A few years back, I tried Twinlab's Diet Fuel/Chitosan formula for a month. I just wanted to see if the supposed "fat flushing" effects worked, I would take it if I knew I wouldn't be eating as healthy as I normally would; for example, before a barbecue or steak dinner. I did notice that my skin would get unusually dry and my joints would be achy. Other than that, I really didn't notice any other effects, positive or negative.

Like I stated above. There have been NO clinical studies which have shown a positive result. In other words you are wasting your money.

The reason your doctor and pharmacist do not know about it is b/c it is a supplement. And like many supplements they do not work.

As far as taking it and seeing if it works. That is not always the best advice. Why not just look at the clinical studies - then you will have no need to throw away your money.

Nautica

I have panic attacks, but they are under control. I can't take any kind of stimulants anymore because of my anxiety. I use to take Hydroxycut before my panic attacks started. That really helped. I am just trying to find something to go along with the diet and excercise to help me out.

I read your question wrong. I thought you were looking for something to help with anxiety. The question now makes sense.

As far as anxiety it will have no effect, it is not a stimulant. Its only action is the block the absorbtion of fat.

Now, you ask if it will help with fat loss. I have already answered this question. The answer is no. In theory it should work, but studies show absolutely no benefit.

Nautica