Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Question.....Dolce?

kelly0616

The owner are friends of mine. Kustner was an investor.

Place is really cool looking, very "in" scene right now. Food was marginal the last time I ate there, but that was when it first opened. It probably has improved by now. I would go if you're having a BIG night, and you want to do the Hollywood "scene" thing.

Best,

Imad.

• 2 weeks later...
The owner are friends of mine. Kustner was an investor.

Place is really cool looking, very "in" scene right now. Food was marginal the last time I ate there, but that was when it first opened. It probably has improved by now. I would go if you're having a BIG night, and you want to do the Hollywood "scene" thing.

Best,

Imad.

Thanks Imad,

Where is it located....or do you have any other suggestions.....ill be in town on a Sunday night Sept 5th....any other hot spots to check out???

Thanks,

Kelly

Thanks Imad,

Where is it located....or do you have any other suggestions.....ill be in town on a Sunday night Sept 5th....any other hot spots to check out???

Thanks,

Kelly

Clubbing or Dinning? Deep @ 1617 Shrader for dancing (deep house music). Dinning on a Sunday???? hmmmm....I'll have to think about that one....how about The Standard on Sunset? (Not downtown)

Cheers.

Clubbing or Dinning? Deep @ 1617 Shrader for dancing (deep house music). Dinning on a Sunday???? hmmmm....I'll have to think about that one....how about The Standard on Sunset? (Not downtown)

Cheers.

no not necessarily hard core clubbing...what about a nice loungy place....maybe a place u could run into some celebs or something>?

Since you'll be in town on a Sunday, you might want to try Concorde. I've only been there once on a Sunday, but girls get in free until 12. You can get on the guestlist at www.aka.com or you can call 818.288.6569. I hope this helps and I might even see you there.

The Clubgrrl

Thanks,

What is this place like? crowd, music, age?

From what I understand, on Friday and Saturday Concorde is a wasteland of pretentious playboys and their plasticized girlfriends. The door staff acts accordingly, choosing only the most Barbie-like girls and the boys who are willing to pay exorbitant prices to enter one of the clubs of the moment.

HOWEVER~

I did go back last night to confirm the information that I gave your earlier and I was pleased to find that Sunday is the complete opposite of Friday and Saturday. I had no trouble getting in the front door. The staff was extremely courteous and the drinks were well-made. As for the crowd, I have to admit that at 11:45 (when I arrived), there weren't as many people as I expected, but as the night progressed, the crowded thickened and the place filled up. Most of the patrons were somewhere between 20 and 30, but there were a couple of people who were in their mid-30s. I can only attribute the small crowd to a lack of promotion (which, in this case, is a good thing) but if one were to go with a group of friends it would be a great way to have a chill night out.

The music was a mix of hip hop, old and new school rap, and some very strange mixes (ever heard a loop of from the Talking Heads playing under Notorious BIG?) that really work.

On a scale of 1 to 10: 8.5

All and all, it was a pretty good night.

The Clubgrrl

From what I understand, on Friday and Saturday Concorde is a wasteland of pretentious playboys and their plasticized girlfriends. The door staff acts accordingly, choosing only the most Barbie-like girls and the boys who are willing to pay exorbitant prices to enter one of the clubs of the moment.

HOWEVER~

I did go back last night to confirm the information that I gave your earlier and I was pleased to find that Sunday is the complete opposite of Friday and Saturday. I had no trouble getting in the front door. The staff was extremely courteous and the drinks were well-made. As for the crowd, I have to admit that at 11:45 (when I arrived), there weren't as many people as I expected, but as the night progressed, the crowded thickened and the place filled up. Most of the patrons were somewhere between 20 and 30, but there were a couple of people who were in their mid-30s. I can only attribute the small crowd to a lack of promotion (which, in this case, is a good thing) but if one were to go with a group of friends it would be a great way to have a chill night out.

The music was a mix of hip hop, old and new school rap, and some very strange mixes (ever heard a loop of from the Talking Heads playing under Notorious BIG?) that really work.

On a scale of 1 to 10: 8.5

All and all, it was a pretty good night.

The Clubgrrl

Friday Concorde is horrible.

• 2 weeks later...
Friday Concorde is horrible.

That's why I said it was a wasteland. I wouldn't send my worst enemy there on a Friday or Saturday. The night I revisited was a SUNDAY, which was consistant with the information I provided earlier. I don't do pretentious and was pleasantly surprised to find that Concorde wasn't like that on a Sunday. Since you're restating what I thought was obvious, I just wanted to make sure that my observations were clear.

:)

The Clubgrrl