Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What's your favorite dog breed?

nycguy420

Hey GmcCookNy, how was the Chow Chow's tempermant and trainability. Was it friendly towards strangers? Thanks to everyone for their input I've narrowed it down to either a Rottie, Huskie, or a German Shepard, and I'm gonna do some research on Chow Chow's. Thanks.

hey man

The Chow was such a delight. Very playful, good with other people (good guard dog) and nice temperament.

It's all about how you raise dogs. I think the reports you hear of pitbulls harming people is due to their owners not raising them properly.

As long as you raise a dog with love and affection, it will have very good temperament.

I am going to get a dog, but can't decide on which breed to get. I have ample room in my backyard, so size is not a factor. I also want a fairly active dog that I will be able to run around with or bring to a dog park. Any tips from anyone. The dog has to be somewhat smart because I want a fairly aggresive dog that will guard the owner and home, but not one that will go around biting and barking at everyone. I usually like Rottweillers, German Shepards, and Doberman's. What kind of dogs does everyone else like?

German shepards hands down !!! They can be gentle.... and fierce when need be. But it depends on what sex your are looking for.. i dont like male dogs coz of the "lifting of the rear leg n pissin on da wall" thingy... but if you get a female, make sure she gets spayed, it will save you alotta sleepless nites during spring lol.

Dobermans are good too... but despite their outward skinny/ humble demeanor, they are a brute waiting to spring... just dont let your neighbor kids taunt his/her ass,.. she/he will retaliate worse than a rottweiler... attack dogs at their finest. I love them :)

I'm also thinking about getting a BullMastiff. I know they are huge dogs but someone told me that they are pretty friendly towards strangers as long as the owner introduces them to the dog, but they are very protective and loyal as well. Has anyone ever known someone that had one of these dogs?