Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Techno Vs. Trance Vs. House

georgym

The Tiesto thread got me thinking.....

what is it about Trance that you like. I used to be in to it back in the day, but then it just all started sounding the same (with the exception of Mauro Picotto, who's sound is unique). It seems like it's just so easy to make.

Techno has no boundaries. I find it more artistic and experimental than trance. Trickier to beat match, yet more room to experiment (my favs: Daft Punk, Rabbit in the Moon)

House is deeper and more soulful. Seems like it draws more types of people than any other type of electronic music. (Carl Cox, DT)

These are my opinions. Just want to know why you like whatever type of music and who in that genre you like

:dj:

trance has gone downhill....

its not as exciting and euphoric as it used to be.

but its all relative.......i know my boy can throw down a trance set that will have you going :eek:

all these big time trance DJ's dont do it for me anymore and i find their sets boring....

some locals on the other hand can throw down....

Techno & house are by far my favorite sounds. I haven't seen a trance DJ in over 2 years. To me the big problem with Trance is that after the big names (PVD, Tiesto, AVB, Ferry, J00F etc) their really isn't much after that. Techno and House have tons of DJ's from the superstars, to the smaller names, to the local talent (which there is a ton of) I just don't see any local trance talent in this city besides Victor Dinare...

I def consider myself a house person, but I got into electronic music through starting to like trance. House just has that steady beat that I love and hands down i'd take a night of house over anything else.... but I still love trance for that euphoric feeling it always gives me. sometimes u can't beat those trance buildups! :)

ill say it once...and ill say it again....this question should not be asked!!!!!!!!!!!!! i say thig only bcuz in miami this question has created alot of unecisary drama...cuz some people cant accept that people like anything other than what they like, and look down upon others who like the other genres that is not theres!!!!!!!!!!!i know stupid right....the best part about it...is that its usually transplants from the north who cause this to go on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused:

ill say it once...and ill say it again....this question should not be asked!!!!!!!!!!!!! i say thig only bcuz in miami this question has created alot of unecisary drama...cuz some people cant accept that people like anything other than what they like, and look down upon others who like the other genres that is not theres!!!!!!!!!!!i know stupid right....the best part about it...is that its usually transplants from the north who cause this to go on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused:

the problem is flip that all those spics you have down there do not tollerate others personal tastes.......we here up north are more diverse and less judgmental

:laugh:

the problem is flip that all those spics you have down there do not tollerate others personal tastes.......we here up north are more diverse and less judgmental

:laugh:

u just said the opposite of what i posted...its the northerners here that are intolerant...that olny the music from up there is beeter....their house is better, than our trance, or vice versa!!!!!!!!!!!i dont understand this thinking??????? why not just let people enjoy whatver they want to listen to without being labeled something cuz its not what some1 else wants to listen to!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused:

u just said the opposite of what i posted...its the northerners here that are intolerant...that olny the music from up there is beeter....their house is better, than our trance, or vice versa!!!!!!!!!!!i dont understand this thinking??????? why not just let people enjoy whatver they want to listen to without being labeled something cuz its not what some1 else wants to listen to!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused:

i was jus kiddin flip :funny:

i personaly dont care what people listen to as long as theres lots of luv, drinking, drugs and dancing going on :love:

i was jus kiddin flip :funny:

i personaly dont care what people listen to as long as theres lots of luv, drinking, drugs and dancing going on :love:

My thoughts exactly :clap:;)

I love big festivals that have EVERY genre...house, jungle, d n b, techno, trance... that way people who aren't familiar can experience new stuff, and still find the ish they love...

breaks anyone? :rock:

speaking of breaks u liked the last 2 tracks on my cd....some nice laid back breaks...into some full on in ur face breaks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and for the techno luvrs...i have a set that if u want it ill send it to u...of dennis rodgers at Fliptoniaaa live......that set is freakin awesome!!!!!!!!!:eek:

speaking of breaks u liked the last 2 tracks on my cd....some nice laid back breaks...into some full on in ur face breaks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and for the techno luvrs...i have a set that if u want it ill send it to u...of dennis rodgers at Fliptoniaaa live......that set is freakin awesome!!!!!!!!!:eek:

those two last songs were HOTTTTTT