Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Paul Okenfold @ ICE - Sunday Sept 5th

danswat79

Oakenfold Spun Some Dark House To Tribal House To Some Crazy Shit In Miami.las Vegas,looking Forward To It Also Steve Lawer,

???????

Maybe your thinking about Lawler (not sure what you mean by also Steve Lawler) - but Oakenfold does not spin house and tribal

Last time I was at ICE on a Sunday night was July 4th, and I thought that since it was basically a 3 day weekend it would be off the hook. But I was disappointed as there were like maybe 150 peeps that walked through the door that night. We had VIP service and a hot waitress, so we stuck around.

Supposedly Sunday nights are slow - usually. I assume with Oakenfold in town, even on a Sunday, the place should be going off. Does anyone think otherwise? And what do you expect the cover to be that night?

Vec

:aright:

Any idea what time Oakie will take the decks and/or how long he'll spin? In NY this would normally happen around 1-2am and we'd get a 2-3 hour set. How do they do things at Ice?

It really depends on the DJ. I've seen DJ's spin 5-6 hour sets and 2 hour sets @ ICE. Okenfold is the type of guy who wants as much $$ as possible for as little time as possible - so don't expect a long set. Not to mention one of the presale tickets I saw said there's another DJ doing afterhours, which usually starts @ 3 am as far as ICE is concerned. I'm guessing he'll be on from 12am - 3am

Cheers mate, appreciate the response. I'll be sure to get there early then. It's so true about him. One time in Miami I went to Shadow (long time ago) during conference to see him. I got there around 2am, waited on line for ages, paid like $50 to get in, place was packed, hot and uncomfortable and he had already spun his set. The headlining dj opened the night...unbelievable! Needless to say, I've never been a big fan of Oakenfold, but I wanted to check out Ice while I'm in Vegas and Oakie's gig worked out well. Hope he puts on a good one.

yeah okeee will get that place movin ,seen him last year at opium in miami for the conference he had that place going off peole were danceing on the vip tables/and couches i mwan the crowd was screaming okeeee okkkkkkkkkkee he loved it i dont know if the same energy will be present at ice :bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce: