• Roxy
    • Rare
    • Ikon
    • Cielo
    • Crobar
    • Spirit
    • Other

Guest adamglove

What's your favorite club in NY (New York City) that is open now? I want to come down from boston and experience the best in atmosphere & music. Specifically good progressive trance?? Or (ideally) a drum and bass club? But it has to be on a friday or saturday night? Probably the weekend of September 10th. Maybe house music if there's nothing great as far as atmosphere goes...

Please help! Me and my peeps need to know! Where do the ravers go?

:: Clarification ::

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to everyone who's contributed! It's been really helpful. This is what I'm trying to figure out now:

1) Which has the best atmosphere (lighting, mood, crowd-"they're there for the music", etc.)

2) Which has the most room to dance (if there even is a place on the weekends)

3) Which place will have the most off the hook dj on either Friday September 10th or September 11th (we'll be going only one of those nights...All night!!!)

I might take back what I said about wanting progressive trance. I want something really fresh...it can be almost any style if the DJ know's how to make something unique and seeks excellence with his set.

hey. if you want dnb, there are plenty of really dope weeklies all around... check out www.hugemassif.com for all of them.. monday nights at konkrete jungle @ pyramid club in the village is always fun, and tuesdays at guernica ive had really good times at. but check out that website for more things on the weeekends. in terms of GOOD progressive trance, you're best bet is to check out Avalon, usually they bring in the most trance dj's on the weekend.

as for best club to me there isnt a single club that should be considered BEST. But certians parties and djs make a night at the club GREAT.

well put... it depends on what kind of music and crowd you like..

avalon.... i only go there when a dj i like is spinning... if im just looking to go out and have fun this is not my club of choice

crobar... i do not like this place... the crowd isnt my cup of tea... i am only gonna go here again if we get comps and im near broke... or if a dj i like is spinning

spirit... if there's no dj's in town that i really want to see spin and i just want to go out and have fun then i'll go here...

roxy... i only go there when pvd spins or maybe avb... that's it.. i like the big open room though... i wish they set up a good party there...

ikon, cielo and disco i havent been to yet so i cant comment on those clubs yet...

rare.. i never even heard of so i definitely cant comment on that one...

hope this helps

Guest adamglove

Thanks to everyone who's contributed! It's been really helpful. This is what I'm trying to figure out now:

1) Which has the best atmosphere (lighting, mood, crowd-"they're there for the music", etc.)

3) Which place will have the most off the hook dj on either Friday September 10th or September 11th (we'll be going only one of those nights...All night!!!)

I might take back what I said about wanting progressive trance. I want something really fresh...it can be almost any style if the DJ know's how to make something unique and seeks excellence with his set.

Gee...I wish Roxy had better DJ events...it's a great spot because the dancefloor is huge and there's plenty of seats for everyone w/o bottle service...so it doesn't have the ultra trendy feel which is cool.

Otherwise...your best bet for those dates would be the big 3...Avalon, Crobar , or Spirit. Pick a DJ you like and head to it. Although Avalon has been known to have short main DJ sets so that's kinda LAME!

Too bad you weren't asking for Sept 12...cuz like SilverBull said ~~> 718 sessions party at Avalon is NICE! :bounce:

Have fun whatever you choose...although this poll thingy is a little strange.

718 is back at deep actually. And i personally dont like ROXY the venue at all. And they do have a great sat night party if your into that scene, and dont forget on weds as well.

Really?...Last time I went I coulda sworn I saw a flyer for the next one at Avalon..or did I miss that one too?...Grrr...darn

Oh yea...Wed's at Roxy is really fun...groovy people and fun music. and ROLLERSKATES!!! :bounce:

What's your favorite club in NY (New York City) that is open now? I want to come down from boston and experience the best in atmosphere & music. Specifically good progressive trance?? Or (ideally) a drum and bass club? But it has to be on a friday or saturday night? Probably the weekend of September 10th. Maybe house music if there's nothing great as far as atmosphere goes...

Please help! Me and my peeps need to know! Where do the ravers go?

:: Clarification ::

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ikon of the 10th spirit for the 11th