erickamikaze

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

koky

Im just glad that i dont work for the mtv production dept.

Shit, I think it'd be a dream job. Get paid to just fuck off. Don't need no skills or anything.

The VMA's were cool back when they had no budget and were just doing them to spite the regular corporate awards like the Grammy's. Now they take themselves way too fucking seriously, like they are some kind of real network or something. Once again something cool and anti-establishment has been co-opted by "the man". Ah well, at least we still have Mun2.

Relax bitches! Don't forget the VMA have brought some of the most memorable moments in pop culture of the past 20 years...now, the fact that they happened in Miami has to do directly with politics and the whole democratic convention / elections going on in New York...it would have conflicted with the closing of streets, police support, etc...that the event demands, capice?

Yes...it was a hip hop orgy! Yes...rock music was virtually absent and misrepresented by them fools Hoobastank, Yellowcard and Jet...the sadness of the state of popular music is definitively reflected on the content of the event...but we did see some amazing performances...Alicia, Stevie and Lenny were nutz...Usher was pretty amazing too...the set design groundbreaking IMHO...the red carpet and getting the artist on it by boat was genius to me...as an event, it was virtually flawless...no problems at all...yet...it lacked lots of the big names in the house...and I think it was because it was Miami...Britney, Eminem and big names alike all snubbed the event...for reasons unknown...as an experience I have to say having worked my ass off last week and seen things I had never seen in my life, made it all worth it.

Yummy, yummy I love Miami! :)