Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Traffic in the City?

bumpdaddy

I wanna go to J&R Music World......I hate traffic

That's a block from where i work. Virtually EVERY subway (1,2,3,9,A,C,R,W,4,5,6) go right near it.

Why don't you just take th subwAY?

I will not drive into the city anymore. Cabs are HORRIBLE drivers, there's NO WHERE to park, and it's just more problems than convenience...

....not always........

before they put those stupid meters everywhere, it was great

before they had 1 cabbie for each 5 people, it was great

before times square became the melting pod of the world, it was great...

I could go on...

Plus not to mention that theres not 1 or 2 or 3 signs you have to read and look at b4 you park, now it's upwards of 6-7 signs :eek:

my roomate got a ticket the other day for parking in a "No Parking except for Doctors" spot ! He is fighting the ticket claiming he is a love doctor. We'll see what pans out ;)

I would definitely say the subway. I was in a cab last night downtown and there were a bunch of looters running down the street and throwing newspaper bins, and picking up the metal garbage holders and throwing them into the streets. I was so scared, all the cars were reversing to get out of their "line of fire". My cabbie just reversed and went down another block, but those people didn't care WHAT they were throwing or who/what they were hitting... crazy and scary :shake:

HAs anyone driven to the city yesterday or today?? I'm wondering if the whole city is on lock down ... or if I can actually go somewhere thats not close to the garden....

i drove yesterday and it was the quickest ride with the least traffic ive ever had... it was like that scene from vanilla sky where the city is empty... took me 20 mins to get from nj to queens...

i drove yesterday and it was the quickest ride with the least traffic ive ever had... it was like that scene from vanilla sky where the city is empty... took me 20 mins to get from nj to queens...

Thats amazing.

Yeah the city has been a sort of ghost town compared to a regular city day this past week. That convention drove everyone away. There must be so many businesses that are losing so much money. Why New York? Damn Republicans.