Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ibiza question

Yea...ATM...Make sure you know what the charges are ((if any!! ) Ive noticed alot of places in Europe dont charge for you to take money out of your ATM)).

Usually Travel Agencies also handle Monitary Conversion. Just watch yourself. Know what the ex. rate is more or less when you get there. They show it in the airport.

Tek

What is the best way to get Euros over there, avoiding big transaction/finance charges? Does an ATM card work? Credit cards? Travelers checks? What's the best way to convert from US dollars to Euros?

also when you are walking around the towns there a lot of shops that post their rates on the street so you can see who offers the best rate for you....whatever you do, don't convert your money in the airport - you always get jacked....

if you are a member of AAA get their travellers checks .. they are free .. meaning they dont charge you to get them .. if you are not member .. be one .. it is only $55 per year and it has many benefits . including that they issue you an international driver license .. so u can drive any where in the world the minute you lay foot on another soil ...

some banks also offer your travellers checks for free .. so may be you can check with you bank first ..

OH .. and u dont want use your ATM card unless it is emergency .. coz when u do . u r bascially accepting the bank's transfer rates .. which could be higher than if u convert here before you travel ..

also . most banks could charge you fees if you use credit cards to draw money coz it is considered cash-advance .. so be careful

good luck .

including that they issue you an international driver license .. so u can drive any where in the world the minute you lay foot on another soil ...

QUOTE]

didn't know that... that's pretty damn cool

looks like people disagree on this... guess I'll try to get some euros & travelers checks before i leave, then check the ATMs to see what the finance charge is

yeah I've been warned.. but since I won't be sober for a minute of my time over there, I'm not gonna bother even trying to rent a car..

BIG BIG BIG word of advice, use the disco bus to get to and from the clubs....the bus system in Ibiza is GREAT!!! The first few days I was in Ibiza I spent over 200 euro's on taxi rides until i learned to use the bus system.