Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Talk about nerve...

phrankadelic

on a daily basis i think of how things can get worse here at work, then we all receive this email today:

As people are asking again; here it is:

"company" offices will remain open up to and until The National Hurricane Center announces a Hurricane Warning for Miami, specifically that the storm is within 4 hours of landfall. Those with special interests may be granted greater than 4 hours, but only on a case by case basis and only with an officer’s written approval.

We are all one family and we will look out for the best interest of each other and "company", remember that we paid employees regular salary for the nearly 10 days that we were down due to Hurricane Andrew-Tiger is a single team and YOU can rely on "company" in case of the worse.

Likewise, "company" needs you to be here and help build a solid business that we can rely upon. Please take some the time tonight and tomorrow night to complete preparations, and be sure to leave home early enough in the morning so that traffic patterns do not cause you to be late. Please do not leave without an officer’s approval, or until an official announcement has been made.

Thanks.

this is such a fucking joke and it makes me sick! 4 hours before it makes landfall? when i guarantee you the neither him, nor the rest of the upper management will be anywhere near this place.

big FUCK YOU goes to this place. sorry...had to vent a bit.

LOL

4 hours prior? I think NHC gives like 12 -24 hour notice so the whole 4 hour thing just does not sound right. Might as well say "you will be allowed to leave once the wind gust reach 50 mph +"

LOL

Call Help Me Howard

PS: You know my bro is surfing right now?

on a daily basis i think of how things can get worse here at work, then we all receive this email today:

As people are asking again; here it is:

"company" offices will remain open up to and until The National Hurricane Center announces a Hurricane Warning for Miami, specifically that the storm is within 4 hours of landfall. Those with special interests may be granted greater than 4 hours, but only on a case by case basis and only with an officer’s written approval.

We are all one family and we will look out for the best interest of each other and "company", remember that we paid employees regular salary for the nearly 10 days that we were down due to Hurricane Andrew-Tiger is a single team and YOU can rely on "company" in case of the worse.

Likewise, "company" needs you to be here and help build a solid business that we can rely upon. Please take some the time tonight and tomorrow night to complete preparations, and be sure to leave home early enough in the morning so that traffic patterns do not cause you to be late. Please do not leave without an officer’s approval, or until an official announcement has been made.

Thanks.

this is such a fucking joke and it makes me sick! 4 hours before it makes landfall? when i guarantee you the neither him, nor the rest of the upper management will be anywhere near this place.

big FUCK YOU goes to this place. sorry...had to vent a bit.

Dude. Where do you work???? (Sorry, I dont know and had to ask)

That sounds like something a company I used to work for named

TigerDirect would do!!!! :bigfinge:

Damn dude!!

where do u work?!?!!?

This is part of the memo i just rcvd in my office...:

Due to the strong probability of a direct hit by Hurricane Frances, we are taking all necessary precautions to insure the safety of our systems and at the same time allow ample time for any last minute personal preparations to be made by everyone. The plan will be as follows:

If the direction of the storm does not change overnight, we will be coming in the morning only to secure all the electronic equipment and minimize the exposure of any of our furniture and other equipment. All electronic equipment will be moved into the server room as this will be the safest location. We have obtained bags to cover whatever can not be moved. EVERYONE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR AREAS AND EQUIPMENT! Please do not expect anyone else to handle your areas. We will be officially closed and not conducting regular business. The office will close promptly at 1:00pm on Thursday and we will not re-open until Tuesday morning. We will inform everyone of any changes to the existing plans.

that's cool, i guess....

but i dont really need the break right now.. im on a mission here trying to boost production! :mad:

That sucks phrankster.... leave early and do yo thing.... and BE SAFE :)

I just hung my hurricane shutters for the first time.... I got mine up by myself quicker than the two guys next door.. lol

I think my company is flying me to Boulder, CO or Dallas TX tomorrow afternoon.... lucky me. Hope my cats will be okay!!!

and here's the update:

To reiterate: The storm is 500 miles away, if it hits, it should hit Saturday.

We are working Thursday and Friday, and will close ONLY when the center of the storm is 4 hours from land fall, or conditions become un-safe for employees.

If you have special interests, like you live on or near the water or have a boat in the water, and you did not prepare yesterday evening, and this evening does not afford enough time, then you may leave ONLY with an officer approval in writing, and of course, you must punch out.

Please understand, we have a national customer base, and our customers expect us to be here. We had time last night (Todd boarded up his whole house last night) and have time this evening. Our customers are counting on us and we cannot let them down. Within reason, we must be here to service our customers!

Thanks

:mad:

that really sucks phrank.....not to make you feel bad or anything but right now we have to get our office ready before noon today...then we get to leave to take care of our personal business in preparation for frances. my point to this is good company that care about their employees keep them happy and hence have a low turnover. those people sound like a bunh of jerks and i think you should just leave and take care of YOUR business and start looking for another job....that's what i would do.

and here's the update:

To reiterate: The storm is 500 miles away, if it hits, it should hit Saturday.

We are working Thursday and Friday, and will close ONLY when the center of the storm is 4 hours from land fall, or conditions become un-safe for employees.

If you have special interests, like you live on or near the water or have a boat in the water, and you did not prepare yesterday evening, and this evening does not afford enough time, then you may leave ONLY with an officer approval in writing, and of course, you must punch out.

Please understand, we have a national customer base, and our customers expect us to be here. We had time last night (Todd boarded up his whole house last night) and have time this evening. Our customers are counting on us and we cannot let them down. Within reason, we must be here to service our customers!

Thanks

:mad:

That is total bullshit. We just walked around to ask all my Team if they have dependants and how far they live so we can start the evacuation later today/tomorrow... obviously those people with kids or those that live far away get to go first.....

Sorry to hear that Frank.. hang in there buddie ;)

That sucks phrankster.... leave early and do yo thing.... and BE SAFE :)

I just hung my hurricane shutters for the first time.... I got mine up by myself quicker than the two guys next door.. lol

I think my company is flying me to Boulder, CO or Dallas TX tomorrow afternoon.... lucky me. Hope my cats will be okay!!!

girl......tell your company execs that the pride of aloha is MAKING MY LIFE A LIVING FUCKING HELL!!!!!! :splat::splat::splat: