Clubplanet Nightlife Community

anybody goin to the DANCE MUSIC HALL OF FAME?

THE DANCE MUSIC HALL OF FAME FIRST ANNUAL INDUCTION CEREMONY

by Spirit New York

Monday, September 20, 2004

Pre-sale Price: $50.00 /

VIP Price: $150.00

First Annual Induction Ceremony, Monday, September 20th at 7pm at Spirit (West 27th Street between 10th & 11th Avenues) in New York City. The evening will include performances by Thelma Houston and Evelyn “Champagne†King, classic DJ sets and the induction of 13 notable artists, producers, remixers, DJs and individual records

The Dance Music Hall of Fame, an organization that recognizes the contributions of those who have had a significant impact on the evolution and development of dance music, will hold its First Annual Induction Ceremony, Monday, September 20th at 7pm at Spirit (West 27th Street between 10th & 11th Avenues) in New York City. The evening will include performances by Thelma Houston and Evelyn “Champagne†King, classic DJ sets and the induction of 13 notable artists, producers, remixers, DJs and individual records.

Artist inductees include Barry White, the Bee Gees, (the only group that will be in both the Dance Music and Rock n Roll Hall of Fame) and Donna Summer. Producers Giorgio Moroder & Pete Bellote (‘Hot Stuff,’ ‘Last Dance,’ ‘Flashdance (What A Feeling)’), remixer Tom Moulton, and DJs David Mancuso, Larry Levan and Tee Scott will also be honored. The five records to be inducted are Don’t Leave Me This Way-Thelma Houston, I Feel Love-Donna Summer, Love Is the Message-MFSB featuring The Three Degrees, Shame – Evelyn “Champagne†King, and (You Make Me Feel) Mighty Real -Sylvester.

“The dance music genre has been largely ignored by much of the music industry and we feel that it is time that legendary artists and producers, who have paved the way for today’s music, be paid the proper tribute,†said Thomas Silverman, Hall of Fame Board Member and Chairman of Tommy Boy

Records. “This is our way to make sure that the history of dance music is recognized and celebrated.â€

Each year the nominating committee and Board of Advisors select nominees in the categories of Performer, Record, Producer, Remixer and DJ. Ballots are then sent to an international voting committee of over 1,000 dance music experts. Artists and others that helped shape the dance music industry become eligible for induction 25 years after their first contribution or record release. Nominations are not based solely on the subject's revenue or popularity. Criteria also include the influence and significance of the nominee's contributions to the development and perpetuation of dance music.

VIP tickets are $150. General Admission is $50. A discount is available for registrants of the Billboard Dance Summit. A portion of the ticket price for this event will be donated to LifeBeat (The Music Industry fights AIDS). For more information regarding the Dance Music Hall of Fame or to request press tickets, please contact: Susan Blond, Inc. 212.333.7728 or publicity@susanblondinc.com.

Dance Music Hall of Fame (www.dmhof.com) - Founded in 2003, by recording industry executives Brian Chin, Daniel Glass, Eddie O'Loughlin, John Parker and Tom Silverman, the Dance Music Hall of Fame is a not-for-profit organization that recognizes the contributions of those who have had a significant impact on the evolution and development of dance music and will celebrate the history and significance of dance music through awards and educational programs.

LIFEbeat (www.lifebeat.org) the Music Industry Fights AIDS is a national non-profit organization dedicated to reaching America's youth with the message of HIV/AIDS prevention. LIFEbeat mobilizes the talents and resources of the music industry to raise awareness and to provide support to the AIDS community. In 1992, the music industry had not yet addressed the AIDS crisis with a unified voice, although many of its members had succumbed to the disease. Bob Caviano, a respected music manager, wrote an editorial in Billboard disclosing his illness and challenged the industry to take action. A number of high-level executives heeded his call and formed LIFEbeat. Over the years, LIFEbeat has emerged as a leading advocate for prevention efforts directed at youth. Recognizing that music has always played a significant role in the lives of young people, LIFEbeat has carved out a unique niche by effectively using the power of music to reach this population. LIFEbeat strives to cultivate a strong sense of self-worth and self- respect in youth to help them resist negative influences that may lead to engagement in risky behaviors.

Email: publicity@susanblondinc.com

Spirit New York

530 W. 27th Street

New York, NY 10001

I'm not that rich , so I guess I'll buy a general admission ticket(LOL)....... Yo gabe is Lifebeat putting together this party as well cuz I'll film this for my show and I have a friend who works with Lifebeat as one of the co-ordinaters. Whatever , I'll just call him up and ask.

• 2 weeks later...