Clubplanet Nightlife Community

got any electro?acid?minimal techno?breaks?jackin? in ur soul

mrmovement33

after voting for my top 5 jocks for this years dj mag top 100 poll. i stopped a moment to consider the muzik which has been truely moving my arse for the past year now. any one else been bit my this groovy bug?

i am yearning deeply to dance "hard" before this year ends. by hard i mean lose control. please will any promoter/club owner listen to my cries for electro?acid?minimal techno?breaks?jackin? :bounce:

please will any promoter/club owner listen to my cries for electro?acid?minimal techno?breaks?jackin? :bounce:

(almost) ALL OF THE ABOVE!!! Just come over to my pad, it's ALL be there, sorry no lighting system, but plenty of lil' disco balls :biggrin:

uuuum, what's jackin'??

uuuum, what's jackin'??

Roots - jackin is a term that goes back to the beginning of house music ("jack your body") house music with a highly syncopated and punchy bass line - Derrick Carter, DJ Heather, Justin Long, Traxx, Farley "Jackmaster" Funk those are all house DJs that play jackin house music. Jackin goes hand in hand with acid :pint:

Roots - jackin is a term that goes back to the beginning of house music ("jack your body") house music with a highly syncopated and punchy bass line - Derrick Carter, DJ Heather, Justin Long, Traxx, Farley "Jackmaster" Funk those are all house DJs that play jackin house music. Jackin goes hand in hand with acid :pint:

:love:

I think jackin' is like "popping" or a type of break dancing with quick jerky movements

or maybe Lyrik is correct, i dunno

Both! Jackin as it relates to music is what I said before - but definitely to jack is dancing as well (as you described) - to dance "jack" is that jerky head bobbing relentless groove you get from good jackin house...where it just grabs you...and you have to just "jack your body".

check out artists like luke eargoggle, matthew dear, matthew johnson, ricardo villalobos, and the king of jackin...a jackin phreak.

i have been extremely dissapointed by several of the dj's that i have listened to this year. the latest of the stinkers was dj dan. garbage.....i left crobar with a fuck*n headache. that pounding hard techno all night long kills me. after listening to all the quality electro?acid?minimal techno?jackin?breaks? i wonder if any dj has the balls or talent to play this muzik out.

i think i need to take you up on that offer diabolique. i've been bit by the electro bug :beer:

there are a few electro tracks out recently that are very clever in a minimalist kind of way. and there's this song that they use for the new Hummer H2 campaign that is pretty intriguing.

as far as acid goes.... still waiting. DJs in NY never stopped playing it. south florida just doesn't comprehend its theory.

check out artists like luke eargoggle, matthew dear, matthew johnson, ricardo villalobos, and the king of jackin...a jackin phreak.

i have been extremely dissapointed by several of the dj's that i have listened to this year. the latest of the stinkers was dj dan. garbage.....i left crobar with a fuck*n headache. that pounding hard techno all night long kills me. after listening to all the quality electro?acid?minimal techno?jackin?breaks? i wonder if any dj has the balls or talent to play this muzik out.

i think i need to take you up on that offer diabolique. i've been bit by the electro bug :beer:

Very few jackin house Djs play here in Miami - so sad. Of course I play jackin house (with acid and jazzy funky goodness to boot).

Acid and jackin house - also check Paul Woolford, No Assembly Required (Justin Long & Dan X), Slater Hogan and John Larner, Joey Youngman, Honey Dijon, Alena, James Curd...thats the newer school...but going further back esp woody mcbride, terry mullen, Farely, steve silk, scott smokin and pierre etc. And no one beats Derrick Carter and Heather for Jackin house - throw in Farina for good measure because he has been hittin the jack and acid up strong these days.

Wow thanks Guys, I love when I learn something new. I have some sweet stuff like that, by way of Jon Cowan. :D Yeah, I'm in love with electro-clash..I was just working out to a Tommy Sunshine set today, really amazing song selection, IMO..

:party: