Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The one guy who the Mets need to get rid of

someclown

Fred Wilpon is the reason why the Mets suck so bad, why they make these stupid trades, why they have a "plan" in March that suddenly changes in August, and why they'll never be good as long as he is the owner.

He hires his son, Jeff, as a front office talent evaluator. I'll tell you this: there is no way he knows more about baseball than most of the people on this board, myself included. He blames Bobby Valentine, then Steve Phillips, now Art Howe, and next Jim Duquette.

He is the one who said 'no' to A-Rod a few years ago. He said 'no' to Vlad Guerrero this year. He is the one who said 'no' to trading Reyes for Soriano this year, and Kazmir for Soriano for that matter. He is a horrible owner who wants to be bigtime like Steinbrenner, but has no idea how to run a club.

I'm just venting because I'm a tired, grumpy Mets fan.

The Mets can't even fire the manager in the right way. Of course not, these are the Mets. Everything has to become a circus.

Oh yeah, Kazmir throws 6 shutout innings against the Red Sox.

I guarantee Kris Benson is going to sign with the Braves at the end of the year. That would serve the Mets right. They are trying to low-ball him in negotiations now. Just get him signed already.

Lastly, Al Leiter says it's hard for him, Franco, and Glavine to get motivated to pitch. #1, Franco needs to retire. #2, how could a major leage ballplayer say something like that? He gets paid $10 million a year to throw 5 innings every five days. They need to get rid of him too.

As I said, it all starts at the top. Wilpon needs to sell the team to someone who knows how to run an organization.

The Mets can't even fire the manager in the right way. Of course not, these are the Mets. Everything has to become a circus.

Oh yeah, Kazmir throws 6 shutout innings against the Red Sox.

I guarantee Kris Benson is going to sign with the Braves at the end of the year. That would serve the Mets right. They are trying to low-ball him in negotiations now. Just get him signed already.

Lastly, Al Leiter says it's hard for him, Franco, and Glavine to get motivated to pitch. #1, Franco needs to retire. #2, how could a major leage ballplayer say something like that? He gets paid $10 million a year to throw 5 innings every five days. They need to get rid of him too.

As I said, it all starts at the top. Wilpon needs to sell the team to someone who knows how to run an organization.

He'll never sell, he's making too much $$ off the team...Get a real GM and keep his dumb-ass son Jeff out of the baseball side of things.

its surreal.... i knew Art would take the blame for the shitty play the team has showcased lately...and the instigator is no other than loudmouth no talent-left Johnny ass Franco. The vets or should i say.... seniors on the pitching staff find it "hard" to be motivated. Fuckers quit on Bobby V and they did it to Art. I swear, if the Mets had a 'real' manager,..none of these shennanigans would be going on.!!

and for the love of me... why is Jeff Wilpon making crucial decisions and his dad comes out saying that he's a non factor.??? Damn !! the mets are run like a mom n pops kinda business. Fred Wilpon is the worst team spokesperson in any major league sport.. he changes his stories on a monthly basis... ppffftttttt.

Now the Lou Pinella sweepstakes is on.... anyone think the Mets will fuck it up the second time around?...i for one think so.

its surreal.... i knew Art would take the blame for the shitty play the team has showcased lately...and the instigator is no other than loudmouth no talent-left Johnny ass Franco. The vets or should i say.... seniors on the pitching staff find it "hard" to be motivated. Fuckers quit on Bobby V and they did it to Art. I swear, if the Mets had a 'real' manager,..none of these shennanigans would be going on.!!

and for the love of me... why is Jeff Wilpon making crucial decisions and his dad comes out saying that he's a non factor.??? Damn !! the mets are run like a mom n pops kinda business. Fred Wilpon is the worst team spokesperson in any major league sport.. he changes his stories on a monthly basis... ppffftttttt.

Now the Lou Pinella sweepstakes is on.... anyone think the Mets will fuck it up the second time around?...i for one think so.

you were right about john franco though...i'll give it to you now..

After all is said and done though...Art Howe is the only one walking away from all of this with his head held high...I give him props for that

Lou definitely wants out of Tampa...he realizes that ownership isn't ready to spend any money on players...now it's up to the Mets to grab him

It's gonna take a lot of money and prospects to get him...fingers crossed!

do you really thing pinella is worth it? i'm not so sure he'll be any different. you still got the underachieveing veterans....

definitely worth it...it's NY, we gotta start going after the big name players as well as coaches. Especially since we are probably going to still have our veteran players around (Piazza, Glavine & maybe Leiter if he resigns for less $$), we need someone that they have to respect. He can definitely get the team going in the right direction. I mean Christ, he even made Tampa watchable for a little while atleast.

definitely worth it...it's NY, we gotta start going after the big name players as well as coaches. Especially since we are probably going to still have our veteran players around (Piazza, Glavine & maybe Leiter if he resigns for less $$), we need someone that they have to respect. He can definitely get the team going in the right direction. I mean Christ, he even made Tampa watchable for a little while atleast.

theres alot more wrong here....i think they need to work on who makes internal decsions, why the media is leaked info before the actual employees know about decisions, the training techniques, why the players arent healthy, the inferiority complex this team has....the list can go on.

besides all of that, who says pinella wants to come to this mess....he can wait out a few years and take joe torre's position after he retires....