Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Career Dilemna

Felix_Leiter

everything interests me to some degree..

i am leaning towards an MBA in accounting some days..than other days I am leaning towards a masters in history/secondary education...then i have thoughts of med school in the back of my head and also thoughts of psychology..

im lost..

but i really want to go back to school

Undergrad.. i majored in Computer Science...

but i dont want to continure my education in Computers..

I want to do something else

yea meng......what funnky said.......what interests you the most??

music perhaps!?!?!

oh and btw......that king unique set is NOYCE.

will send you my shit 2nite

yeah i picked architecture... still with design, so i can use my creativity, but property's interesting... i work around it, and havent gotten bored of the architecture aspects of my job, it's just everything else here i hate..

somehow i can see you studying history over the mba and med school..

Im in the EXACT same situation. Graduated college in 4 years, got my BA in Poli Sci in 2001.

Been working ever since. And i DEF. do plan on getting my masters (either in foreign policy/int'l politics/economics/etc..) but im not sure yet

You shouldn;t get a Masters unless A) you know EXACTLy what you're gonna get it form and B) what you plan on doing after acquiring it.

So take your time smoke.... look more into the fields your interested in by looking at books related to those interests at the bookstore. Don't leap until you know what you're leaping into ;)

I am really anxious to go get my masters..

but i dont know what to go for.. i dont want to rush into it and pick a subject just for the hell of it..but i enjoy everything..

MBA? Law School? Med School?

Thoughts???

interesting article in fortune (i think it was ill find out when i get home i have it on my coffeetable) about MBA's and how most CEO's of successful companies say theyre a waste... however a great thing about it is the business connections and associates they met through the schools and classmates, which pushed their careers forward... one harvard proffessor said "ppl with MBA's graduate knowing less than the secretaries at the companies they go to work for and wind up doing less..."

interesting article in fortune (i think it was ill find out when i get home i have it on my coffeetable) about MBA's and how most CEO's of successful companies say theyre a waste... however a great thing about it is the business connections and associates they met through the schools and classmates, which pushed their careers forward... one harvard proffessor said "ppl with MBA's graduate knowing less than the secretaries at the companies they go to work for and wind up doing less..."

That's interesting, but i think that depends on what field you're getting into.

Getting a Masters is not easy. It's a lot different that Batchelor's, and once you get a Masters in whatever you want, you REALLY know a lot about the subject matter involved.

Some fields (investing, for instance) is a good example where an MBA isn't really necessary (since you can learn so much outside of school). but take Multimedia, Advanced Physics or Architecture, and a Masters will truly come in handy

not sure about their academy. i did 16 weeks in the NJ state police academy before i blew out my knee running on the beach there. they say it is the toughest police academy in the country, and i believe it. only thing is, ur gonna buzz cut those long locks of urs wherever u go.