Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Nets looking to trade kidd

agrkdj

Kidd is being a little bitch right now but he is not overrated. Without him the Nets would not have won the Eastern Conference those two years. He was injured towards the end of the season last year but he still toughed it out and played in the playoffs when he practically had one good knee. Being the leader of that team I think that showed he does care about team and not just himself. He could have easily opted to get surgery and call it quits last season like most NBA players would do nowadays but he didn't. The Nets are obviously looking towards the future and looking to build around RJ so it would be the best for both Kidd and the Nets to make a trade. I don't blame Kidd for wanting to get out......he's not getting any younger so it's not worth it to wait around for draft picks and hope they turn out to be good players. Also it would be beneficial for the Nets to have a player that is happy around its environment cuz Kidd definately won't be if he is in a Nets uniform next season.

I don't think he's overrated, but they're not going anywhere with this team so you might as well get some value for him while they can... Between whatever they might get for Kidd plus the picks they got for K-Mart, if they draft right they could have a nice young core to build around...

obviously kidd doesn;t want to be around for a Nets rebuilding. Nets already got rid of a few key players from their recent play off runs and he wants out. yes he is a little bitch, but he makes the players that play with him a helluva lot better. nets were a loosing team before he got there, then basically with the same team & with the addition of byron scott and kidd the went to the finals 2 years in a row. at least it would seem that he informed the Nets he wants out and at least they can get something for him.

Kidd is getting old....they can run that Croatian kid @ point guard..or Teflair if they get him..and have RJ and Reef @ the 2 and 3 spots....they wont be a bad team..and theyre in the East so..

are u nuts? that team suxx. Who's the center? who's the 2 guard?

RJ is a 3 (and higly overated IMO which I feel was proven in the olympics) and Reef is an undersized 4. The Croatian kid is nothing special and there is no way the Blazers are giving up Telfair. Ratner is an idiot. They had a chance to build a fan base in Brooklyn if they left the team intact but dismantling it the way he is, is just suicide. Plus the fact that they would only take Rahim because he is going into the last year of his contract. So basically he is a temp.

WELCOME BACK CLIPPERS EAST !!!!!

so now that Kidd wants out, are they bringing back Byron Scott?

seriously, I got no respect for Kidd....the Nets are better off without him by trading for some younger talented players

Reef could be a good fit

L. Harris is out too... looks like Byron Scott got the last laugh... that team is a shell of what he left behind. The fact that J. Kidd is seething is a good feeling. back to mediocre(usual) Nets.

are u nuts? that team suxx. Who's the center? who's the 2 guard?

RJ is a 3 (and higly overated IMO which I feel was proven in the olympics) and Reef is an undersized 4. The Croatian kid is nothing special and there is no way the Blazers are giving up Telfair. Ratner is an idiot. They had a chance to build a fan base in Brooklyn if they left the team intact but dismantling it the way he is, is just suicide. Plus the fact that they would only take Rahim because he is going into the last year of his contract. So basically he is a temp.

WELCOME BACK CLIPPERS EAST !!!!!

Croatian kid is better than Teflair. and the Center is Krstic...their pick from 2 yrs ago...the kid has been Killin in europe.....if they make the trade theyre fuckin younger by 1234134 years and they have a decent core to go ahead with...i really think they should go for the trade

Croatian kid is better than Teflair. and the Center is Krstic...their pick from 2 yrs ago...the kid has been Killin in europe.....if they make the trade theyre fuckin younger by 1234134 years and they have a decent core to go ahead with...i really think they should go for the trade

dude u think any player w/ a name thats hard to pronounce is the next coming. The Croatian kid came from HS like Telfair ? Name me the last C from Europe to really make a splash in the NBA. The last one I remember is Sabonis. The Nets are gonna suck. Just admit it.

name the last Center (period) to make a splash in the NBA? Yao? yup..foreign....the center position is a lost art in America...hence y foreigners are being tabbed more and more to play the 5.

so basically ur sayin they should keep JKidd around and let him age...while this team SUCKS DICK instead of movin him right now and getting decent talent in return. This is like the Larry Bird phenomena....if the Celtics woulda moved one or two of the Bird/McHale/Parish trifecta ..when they were still in game shape..they woulda got back good young players..and the most storied franchise in the history of the league wouldnt suck ass like it has for the past 15 yrs.

the point of being an NBA franchise is to win championships..not to be competitive...and if u see its not working..you cut ur losses and start over again..preferably with young players...so u move Kidd...u get Abdur-Rahim and prolly Tef....Rahim has one year left on his contract...and u clear up 14+ million of cap space...which is more than enough to go after free agents..especially with your team moving to BK....i mean the Knicks suck balls and every1 still wants to play here.

i dont c the problem with moving Kidd...they already moved Kerry and Kenyon...fuck it...start from scratch

so basically ur sayin they should keep JKidd around and let him age...while this team SUCKS DICK instead of movin him right now and getting decent talent in return. This is like the Larry Bird phenomena....if the Celtics woulda moved one or two of the Bird/McHale/Parish trifecta ..when they were still in game shape..they woulda got back good young players..and the most storied franchise in the history of the league wouldnt suck ass like it has for the past 15 yrs.

the point of being an NBA franchise is to win championships..not to be competitive...and if u see its not working..you cut ur losses and start over again..preferably with young players...so u move Kidd...u get Abdur-Rahim and prolly Tef....Rahim has one year left on his contract...and u clear up 14+ million of cap space...which is more than enough to go after free agents..especially with your team moving to BK....i mean the Knicks suck balls and every1 still wants to play here.

I understand what ur saying man, but playing w/ J Kidd was the only thing that would make people want to play for the Nets in the 1st place. Now that u have an owner that is only into saving his own money, what is the draw to play for them ? Being in Brooklyn? I don't think so.

When was the last time (pre Kidd) that anyone wanted to be traded or sign w/ them ? If ur gonna trade Kidd, it better be for a bigger name than Reef. Maybe they should go after Carter ?

The Nets shitcanned Kittles for nothing. They should have at least did a deal to get Chris Wilcox to play the 4. Vince Carter for Kidd straight up would be good. RJ will be a great player he is still young and all those guys werent used to international basketball it is way different. Next year 2005 the Nets should have alot of cap space to sign a major player. Mutombo, and Kittles money will be gone. They should have about 20 million to sign someone.

I hear Amare Stoudamire from Phoenix will be the big power forward on the free agent market next year. Kidd is pissed because the owner did screw the team up. Bottom line Kidd did turn the team around so he should have a word in decisions and even Shareef wouldnt play for the Nets unless Kidd is there.

As long as Kidd is in NJ and is healthy which he will be and does have some good years left NJ will attract good players. I wouldnt fold up the tent yet.

Maybe Alonzo Mourning will make a big comeback? I know I will go see the Heat at the opener and see where it goes.

When was the last time (pre Kidd) that anyone wanted to be traded or sign w/ them ? If ur gonna trade Kidd, it better be for a bigger name than Reef. Maybe they should go after Carter ?

i dont think that would be too wise. vince is showin how much of a bitch he really is by saying he doesnt want to be traded to the West Coast..knowing he cant handle the comp over there. there was a time when people wanted to play in NJ..and im talkin pre-Steph years...when they made that huge trade with Dallas...i loved that Nets team..they were fun as shit to watch....it was when SLAM had them on the cover with the CHAMPS BY 2005 Title.

I really think dudes wana play in Brooklyn...it's not like theyll b livin in BK...but theyll b playing in New York which is a wholeeee lot better than Milwaukee...Cleveland..Carolina..etc etc. Some people might think this could turn out to be a Lakers-Clippers sort of thing...who knows...Ratner does have the same philosophy as Don Sterling...the most important thing for the Nets to do is to get young and get under the cap...by adding Shareef and Tef..they kill 2 birds with one stone.

.the most important thing for the Nets to do is to get young and get under the cap...by adding Shareef and Tef..they kill 2 birds with one stone.

U think they will give up Telfair? If he's included its a good deal. It brings another guy from NY back to NY. That would be a way to build a quick fan base.

THe Nets also are counting on the two European Players they drafted to eventually become good players. Rod Thorn is a great GM. I think maybe some player will surprise the team next year and they will again make the playoffs. I will be happy if they make the playoffs as a number 4 or 5 seed. Then the year after they have the BIG CASH to sign a STAR.