Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bling's Review of Josh Gabriel and Dave Dresden@Space

Bling

Recently a few board members told me that G&D gave a sub-par performance at Space… so I was a bit worried about their set tonight. It was my first time hearing them and I was floored. THey played great. IT was great meeting you Dave and Josh. You are both very down to earth guys.

First off, I want to send a big thanks to ARturo for the ride to space. It was great to see Trancebrat (amber) and her friend come all the way from Tampa to party with us. Other Ta's include Mister Ben, Beaman(brent) (newly transplanted GA TA to FL) and Ryan.

Also in attendance were some CJers such as Zero and Andrew Chibale. And last but certainly not least the CP representatives Eric and his cousin, Biz and Eddy Guerra and Ardis and Bruno.

As always, Colby had the hookup and Eddy at the door took care of us ... (u da man). We got in and the main room was still not open. At around, 1210 it finally opened up and much to my surprise Gabriel and Dresden were opening.

Gabriel and Dresden set

Fantastic set. I died when the guys recognized Arturo from when he saw them last October :)

Stand out tracks were many. Arturo will provide a list tomorrow but here are the ones I died too.

1) Southern Sun

2) No one on Earth

3) As the Rush comes

4) Luke Chable's -Ride. (new remix i havent heard)

They started at 1215 or so and around 2 they were finished. We were all extremely shocked and disappointed. They were putting together a great progressive set and it ended so quickly. When these guys were advertised as the main act I def expected more than 2 hrs ....

Place was decently packed. Not wall to wall but a very good crowd. About the same as last week.

AFter their set they came down and talked to us for a bit. took group pics with the TA's and signed autographs. In fact, they wanted to play more they asked Arturo if we knew of any one's home they can spin at . OMG we died!!!! we tried so hard to call as many people with the appropriate setup as we knew but everyone was asleep.. That def would have been the best house party ever ........

Cedric's set.

While we were all waiting around to talk to Josh and Dave, cedric took the decks.

First of all, great to finally meet ya cedric. First track he dropped was "what the fuck" (same track he dropped last week when he started his set....... Kind of ironic cuz i was like WTF? (why the same track as an opener two weeks straight???? ) We did not stick around much after Dave and Josh's set but Cedric was doin a good job.. except he was playing similar stuff he played last week.. Would have liked to have a bit more variety and something different.. but begggers cant be choosers i guess.

Great seeing everyone as always.....

oh man! g&d so fuckin rocked space it was pathetic they were on for 2 hours only! frown.gif GFG SPACE. evilbig.gif i talked to both josh and dave about it, and they sooooo wanted to play longer, i didnt even know they were looking for a place to spin till i read it here. i had asked dave about the deal that happened before of them coming or not, and he said it was cuz they heard that space got sold and was shutting down, then got called back and was booked as scheduled. i asked em if they would prefer to play at crobar or nocturnal so they said, we'll play wherever they book us.... SOOOOOO NOCTURNAL GET ON THE BALL! and dave was really getting into the set at the end too. josh didnt say anything about it. i also asked dave if he liked house and he said yea but not cedric's style. scream.gifscream.gif i told him he would like oscar better wink.giftongueout.gif and i also asked dave if he liked way out west and if they wanted to work with them and he said yea but theres no time, the person they are trying to work with is slacker. what sucked was i got there around 12:50 thinking they were gonna play from 1-5 like ALL THE OTHER F'IN DJ'S THAT HEADLINE. so i missed almost a whole hour of their set. just wished they played longer biggrin.gif i was still happy i got to finally hear them after missing them in wmc and also cuz i got their signatures.

tsk tsk.....out of all the awesome tracks they produced they played "as the rush comes" ?

good song.......like a year ago.....

they have so many other better tracks they could have played....

bling if you talk to them........tell them i played "lament" during my set at the celebration....it will put a smile on their face :D......my fave G&D track EVER...