Clubplanet Nightlife Community

question for Yankees fans.....

JonStephen

Do you leave Kenny Lofton off the post season roster?

only reason I ask is because this was a huge debate at the bar I was chillin at tonight.....

I would

they got Bubba Crosby who plays with more heart and better instincts

I would definately leave him off the post season roster... I am not much of a fan of Lofton. He tends to fuck up when it really matters. Occasionally he makes some good plays. But I feel alot more comfy with Bernie in the Outfield. And I feel confident that Giambi will come around in the post season in the DH spot.

only reason I ask is because this was a huge debate at the bar I was chillin at tonight.....

I would

i'm not a yamkee fan by any stretch of the imagination.....;) but i gotta say this...coz i know the yamkees wont heed to it..... bernie can run down a fly ball better than lofton, but we all know whos' got a better arm.... i love the fact that its a debate in the yamkee locker room... keep fighting n bickering.. serves the sox real well :)

God, i hope the rays show up against the yamkees.... i know they will...and if they dont, the sox will :)

I would

Personally, I never quite understood why they got him in the first place. I know Bernie has slipped the last few years but I don't think Lofton is a significant upgrade if at all. That being said, I seriously doubt they leave him off the roster...

Wow every dislikes Lofton. I actually think he might do well in the playoffs. For being so old he still has some wheels left and his hustle can help out the Yankees. If I recall correctly he did do well for the Cubs in the playoffs last year. I also think Bubba has a lot of heart and talent but the only thing that will keep him off the roster will be his inexperience. IF the last spot is b/w Lofton or Bubba, I see Torre giving the roster spot to Lofton.

get giambi more at bats now to make sure he can contribute and you can put him on the roster

I would take lofton over crosby just for sheer experience

NEITHER Bernie or Lofton have good arms not sure and both have been suspect the past few yrs defensively

bernie always seems to make the catch where lofton does not. Also he seems like a fucking asshole in the clubhouse. I would leave him off and add another pitcher.

watch bernie every game ..you would change your stance

last nite perfect example late jump on ball to short center , missed it and set up the JAys for a few runs

i still take him over Lofton as the everyday player , but neither are at the ability level offensively and defensively that htye used to be few yrs ago

I remember bernie making atleat 2 plays in the outfield at yankee stadium in game 7 that i do no think lofton makes. He makes them when they count. Also this is his swan song because beltran will be there next year. I still think you guys should of gotton vlade over scheff, because an outfield with matsui beltran vlade is fuckin redic.

I remember bernie making atleat 2 plays in the outfield at yankee stadium in game 7 that i do no think lofton makes. He makes them when they count. Also this is his swan song because beltran will be there next year. I still think you guys should of gotton vlade over scheff, because an outfield with matsui beltran vlade is fuckin redic.

Cashman wanted Vlad. George wanted Scheff...

You know who wins that one...

yeah the guy who cuts the checks.

I can see being scared of his back but scheff is put together with duct tape and chewing gum.

He may be falling apart. But at least the mother fucker plays his ass off day in and day out and plays with all heart. And does not ride the bench like a bitch. I wish half the MLB ball players would put the effort that Scheff plays with.

bernie always seems to make the catch where lofton does not. Also he seems like a fucking asshole in the clubhouse. I would leave him off and add another pitcher.

Curious.. when have you seen him be an asshole in the clubhouse? Well not actually SEEN but you know what I mean..

I'm not disagreeing with you necessarily, but everytime I see him in the dugout, etc.. he seems like he's joking around and smiling and having a good time with the guys.

What is it that makes you think that?

Curious.. when have you seen him be an asshole in the clubhouse? Well not actually SEEN but you know what I mean..

I'm not disagreeing with you necessarily, but everytime I see him in the dugout, etc.. he seems like he's joking around and smiling and having a good time with the guys.

What is it that makes you think that?

Lofton has a reputation of being a dick....

Yeah but where did it come from? Cleveland?

Was there something he did that gave him that rep?

I don't think it was any particular incident I think he's just known for being an arrogant, cocky bastard. An ex co-worker of mine played college ball with him and he said the same exact thing. He might have mellowed since then. So far it seems like he's been a good soldier this season. Playing on a team that has a shot to win the WS will do that...

well last time i was hanging out in the yankee club house i was sitting around talking to bernie about classical guitar, when torre came out and put the line up out. lofton came in saw that he was not playing and he just started swearing and saying he does not need this shit.

no i just remember back earlier this year him complaining to torre about batting ninth, and not playing. This was around the time he was "hurt' and did not play for a while. Also his reputation and shit like that.

oh and that needless elbow he gave meinklirueiourich at first base today was horse shit. I wonder if curt will plunk him.

oh and that needless elbow he gave meinklirueiourich at first base today was horse shit. I wonder if curt will plunk him.

gimme a break miexk@v*ich was standing with his foot and leg in the middle of the bag, as a quality 1st basemen he shoyld know saddle your foot up against the side of the bag or just be touching the corner cause the runner has every rigth to the bag , and thats what lofton did

he didnt "throw" out his elbow