Clubplanet Nightlife Community

yankees fans

jtk4

this question is geared towards the smart fans, not the ones that show up only when they are winning.

when kevin brown comes back what do you think about sticking him in the bull pen? I think for 1-2 innings at a time he would be super dominant(not worrying about saving gas for 7-8 innings) this would shore up the bullpen. I do not think he will be well enough when he comes back to be an effective starter. Because of no minor league he has no chance to get other game time in.

what do you think?

this question is geared towards the smart fans, not the ones that show up only when they are winning.

when kevin brown comes back what do you think about sticking him in the bull pen? I think for 1-2 innings at a time he would be super dominant(not worrying about saving gas for 7-8 innings) this would shore up the bullpen. I do not think he will be well enough when he comes back to be an effective starter. Because of no minor league he has no chance to get other game time in.

what do you think?

absolutely not

Kevin Brown was brought here at a ahigh price tag for one thing ...to start games in the postseason. His experience and success is needed at that spot

i m not sure but i dont htink he has any exp. coming out of the pen

El Duque /Mussina/Brown and prob Lieber ...appears Vasquez with his horrible past 2 mos pitched his way out of the rotation for OCtober

Brown had the pins taken out yesterday i think and should be able to start next week ...remember it was his left hand not his throwing hand so injury not as crucial

i undestand that but with a bullpen era or 5.95, and because he has not pitched. He would eed atleast 2-3 starts before he would be ready, which he is not going to get. Also baltimore and la wanted to make him a closer. He would be uber-dominent for 2 innings and he could pitch 2 or 3 games in a series.

but i see what you are saying

moose

vasquez

lieber

loiza/halsey

instead of

moose

vasquez

lieber

brown

but whou would you rather have coming in late in innings loiza/halsey.

I would rather have Brown as a starter. He has some great playoff experience and he has won a championship already so I think he would be more than fine as the number 3 starter. He definately needs to pitch a real game or two before coming into the playoffs to get back into form. Baring any setbacks, I would think he is in the starting rotation for the road to our 27th world championship. Also I hate to say it but Vasquez maybe the odd man out, possible coming in for some mid relief.

i undestand that but with a bullpen era or 5.95, and because he has not pitched. He would eed atleast 2-3 starts before he would be ready, which he is not going to get. Also baltimore and la wanted to make him a closer. He would be uber-dominent for 2 innings and he could pitch 2 or 3 games in a series.

moose

vasquez

lieber

loiza/halsey

instead of

moose

vasquez

lieber

brown

How dare you forget about El Duque. He's your favorite Yankee.

moose

vasquez

lieber

loiza/halsey

instead of

moose

vasquez

lieber

brown

kevin brown on baltimore hardly remember that , good thing he left and got his ring.

i wanna see if they go 12 pitchers

4 man starting rotation of

el duque

mussina

brown

Lieber

Vasquez to the pen

Quantrill/Gordon/rivera

Sturtze,Karsay, probably Loiaza stays on the roster and either Halsey/nitkowski or heredia for lefties

Pitching out of the bullpen and being a starter are 2 completely different mental battles... It is very rough to take an everyday starter and make them mentally ready to come out of the bullpen.

He has shown he can come back from set backs and pitch well...

STARTERS

El Douque

Mooose

Brown

Vasquez

Lieber

If I were to pick a 3 man rotation... It would be The Duke, Moooose, and Lieber... With Brown close behind and then Vasquez...

PEN

Loiza - Spelling

Sturtze

Quantrill

Gordon

Rivera

and if brown is not strong enough to go more then 4 innings, what do you do then. Put in wots (woooostas own tanyon sturtz) or loiza.

Would you go 5 starters? MOst teams go with 4 and move the fifth into the bullpen.

I forgot about dookie

dookie

moose

vasquez

lieber

brown/loiza/wots

I will tell ya as good as wots has looked coming out of the bull pen i would not trust him in the playoffs, but i would more then loiza. but brown coming out maybe in the 6th gordon 7th automatic 9th.