Clubplanet Nightlife Community

seb fontaine at godskitchen REVIEW (9/25/04)

weyes

last night was our first trip to godskitchen. i had no predjudices till i got there and saw the marquee, which read: "gods kitchen." i thought, "this place has been open for a few weeks, and they haven't figured out that it's one word? not a good sign..."

but when we got inside, the opening dj was actually pretty good - not the standard "when's the real dj coming on?" crap - and we liked the layout. the rooftop is really open, giving it a very refreshing feel, and the view is of all of hollywood --- just gorgeous. well, maybe it is for me more than other people; i miss the city and it made me feel at home. but my friends liked that the sky was right above our heads; being up so high was exhilarating. and if the place had ever gotten too hot, it would have been perfect for a cool-down.

but there were no climate-control issues, the dancefloor is big and open, there are couches on the side of the room, and the wait at the bar wasn't terrible, though the drinks were ENORMOUSLY overpriced. my only complaint was that the floor provides too much resistance to your shoes when you wanna dance --- kinda like your high school gym floor. but that's minor.

then, who should smack me on the ass but our own shortystar :bounce: ! i didn't realize she works for godskitchen. but she always makes a party more fun with her sparkling little self; i'm so glad we ran into you, shorty, as always :D !

but on to seb, a great set. he had some pounding beats and loads of chunky basslines --- stuff that forces one to dance. he gave us no choice. vocals to keep us listening closely, strong melodies, too... he really had it all... well-rounded. and they were selling his not-yet-released 2-cd album for only $15. sheesh. i don't know what else to say, but that he retained his place on my top ten with flying colors :aright: .

my best friend turned to me last night at some point and said, "i'm in love with seb fontaine." i don't know if i'd go that far, but there certainly was love in my heart and feet last night :heart: .

Great review Weyes!! I love SEB Fontaine!!! I do!

I was a bit upset because I had to leave early cause my friend was getting too antsy or should I say drunk! But oh well! Seb played some oldies but goodies too! The crowd was excellent not too many hollywood jerk offs..

It was a great night! I was so shocked to see Weyes there!

I just wish I was able to hear his whole set. I was just about to make my way onto the stage to meet him. . but I had to jet! I was dancing my bootay off...

oh and I really need to see if I can go go .. those girls look sooooo unhappy up there!

I was a bit upset because I had to leave early cause my friend was getting too antsy or should I say drunk!...

oh and I really need to see if I can go go .. those girls look sooooo unhappy up there!

are you referring to the guy to whom you introduced me at the beginning of the night? the guy who was sloshed at about 11? he was nice, but drunkitty-drunk :tongue: ! he asked me if i'm british, 'cause i had "a british flag on my shirt." you may recall that i didn't :shaky: ... just ribbin' ya, i'm sure he must be a lovely fellow when he's sober :D .

i'm lucky that my friends and i never leave before our dj finishes his/her set.

you are so right about those gogo girls; they always look so bored :zzz: . they weren't chicks i'd ever seen, though; one of them had some straight-up 'ho moves i'd never witnessed in person before :woah: . where did they get those girls, anyway? at one point, my friend ervin pointed at them and said, "i didn't order that!" i'd love to see you up there, looking like you're having fun, the way you always do, when i see you :D . yay for shortystar!!! if you ever need a reference for anything, put me down. can't wait for next time!