Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Crobar

ivey

dude (??) .. this club is not as crowded as you might think .. if u go to avalon .. man.. that is over crowded .. too many people (especially when there are brand name DJs ) and so little space ..

yet .. i like to go to crobar .. and avalon .. for the music .. and as for the crowd .. if u r a hard core dancer (i am not saying u r not) . .then u make your own dance floor ..and people usually move out and give u space .. either to watch .. or coz they don't wana get kicked by your swinging arms/legs .. hehe ...

Crobar on the other hand attracts lots of people who are more into the scene than the music or the dance .. but again .. who cares .. if they bring the DJs you like .. i say go .. check it out .. dance your ass off .. and let people give u space .. or may be go with a crew like we usually do .. and make your own space ..

on the other hand .. i've been to places like spill/bahaus .. and even tho the music by the playground crew was insane .. there was sooo much space .. coz on some nights there were virtually no one .. what a shame . but it worked for me and my friends .. coz we like to get down and personally i dont care for many people ..

oh one more thing about Crobar .. u saying lines are long?? what times do u usually go there .. coz i went there anything between 10pm-2am .. and the lines moved soooo fast man ... i compared those lines to webster hall many years ago ... to ikon when it first started (they improved a lot now) .. and to some other smaller clubs .. and guess what .. Crobar lines moved like a jet plane pass a slow moving camel.. hehehe

just curious .. what other clubs have more space .. ??

peace

the MASK

You know what, maybe I went on a bad night...Because Im telling you it was really, really crowded. I got there like at 1:00am, and the lines were insane, but somebody we were with got us right in, so luckily we didnt have to wait.

The dancefloor was so crowded, you couldnt even get onto it. We did dance in the hip-hop room but you had such big crowds trying to get through it became really annoying, and we did have a big crowd with us.

Lots of places have more spaces. For the past year Ive been sick of clubs, so Ive been going to bar/clubs such as sutton place, metro 53 for example. But Plaid is pretty good, ive had fun there and when I went it never got too crowded, culture club is like that too. And ive been going to LI spots lately

Like I said maybe the night I went to Crobar was just a bad night to go. I was disappointed because everyone else had said how good it was. Who knows, maybe Ill decide to give it another try.

Also the whole DJ thing doesnt work for me. Im not the biggest house/techno fan. Theres only so much of it I can take. I know lots of people go to clubs because of the techno dj's and all, but that really doesnt interest me at all.

You know what, maybe I went on a bad night...Because Im telling you it was really, really crowded. I got there like at 1:00am, and the lines were insane, but somebody we were with got us right in, so luckily we didnt have to wait.

The dancefloor was so crowded, you couldnt even get onto it. We did dance in the hip-hop room but you had such big crowds trying to get through it became really annoying, and we did have a big crowd with us.

Lots of places have more spaces. For the past year Ive been sick of clubs, so Ive been going to bar/clubs such as sutton place, metro 53 for example. But Plaid is pretty good, ive had fun there and when I went it never got too crowded, culture club is like that too. And ive been going to LI spots lately

Like I said maybe the night I went to Crobar was just a bad night to go. I was disappointed because everyone else had said how good it was. Who knows, maybe Ill decide to give it another try.

Also the whole DJ thing doesnt work for me. Im not the biggest house/techno fan. Theres only so much of it I can take. I know lots of people go to clubs because of the techno dj's and all, but that really doesnt interest me at all.

aiight dude .. i guess may be the night u went there was special ..but believe me . the lines move very fast generally ...

in any case .. if plaid or other clubs work for u . hey man .. go for it ..

what is plaid like?? what kina music they have?? just curious ..

peace

the MASK

aiight dude .. i guess may be the night u went there was special ..but believe me . the lines move very fast generally ...

in any case .. if plaid or other clubs work for u . hey man .. go for it ..

what is plaid like?? what kina music they have?? just curious ..

peace

the MASK

BTW im a girl. Yeah I think something might have been goin on that night. I also saw half my neighborhood there, which was another bad thing lol.

Yeah I might just give it another try.

Plaid is pretty good. They have a real good mix of music. They do play house/techno, but also a pretty good amount of hip-hop, reggae and even rock music which really surprised me. Also alot of old skool stuff which i was happy about.

I don't go to crobar to be seen.. I go to dance and hang out with my friends.. and I couldn't tell you one thing about anyone else in there because when I am out with my friends I don't pay attention to anyone else but them.. we have had many great times at crobar so far.. no problems at all.. except wasting $14 a drink for redbull and vodka :pint: .. and you can always make room to dance.. people will move out of your way

I have only been to crobar a couple times, but the last time I went it was really crowded but other times it was perfect. You really could not move on the dancefloor, so I found a VIP bracelet for me and the girl I went with and we went up to the VIP room for a bit, where there was plenty of dancing room (though the music sucked). In terms of dancers, you will always find some sick dancers in there but also lots of poeple standing around looking pretty. Usually after like 4am the dancing there gets good, and circles will start forming. It is by far the prettiest crowd I have seen in NYC (I have never been to a models & bottles lounge type of place though), so if that's your thing you will like crobar. I think that crowdedness depends on if the resident is playing there or not. On saturdays it's Boris (who I think really sucks), so on his days it is a perfect amount of poeple - packed but not tokyo subway packed. I do have to agree with the mask on the bathrooms and the staff...the management of crobar seems to care about their customers.

BTW im a girl. Yeah I think something might have been goin on that night. I also saw half my neighborhood there, which was another bad thing lol.

Yeah I might just give it another try.

Plaid is pretty good. They have a real good mix of music. They do play house/techno, but also a pretty good amount of hip-hop, reggae and even rock music which really surprised me. Also alot of old skool stuff which i was happy about.

ooops .. sorry my bad .. so, "girl" :) ya i think u should give it another try ..

and seeing most of your neighbourhood .. oh ah .. that is not necessarily fun ... i know that i would never get that situtation . since the bldg i live in is like 90% senior citizens .. so i know i only have a chance of seeing only 10% max of my neighbourhood .. hehe ..

and btw .. i am not a promoter or anything .. i am only stating my opinion .. and i am sure everyone has their own fav clubs etc.

and thanks for the info about Plaid .. i might check it one day mysefl ..

peace

the MASK

pLAID is beautiful.

January thru December 1999 Spa (WITHout the S) WAS beatiful.

c'On people, people change, management change, walls of a particular clubs HAS TO CHANGE. This is NEW YORK. TWIlo is gone, Tunnel is gone ETC.

Plaid is Beatiful now, always was, dj Exacta.

is a Lounge/MINI club.

BTW shorty.. back in 2000 Spa was PACKED with MODELS and more MODELS lol it was the 1st spot harder to get in... then it became LOTUS. I know you are 3feet, how did you get along with 7 feet Swedish Models?