Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Why Miami can NEVER parallel NYC nightlife...

philippio

miami's had both of those dj's and there's not enough support for them. which is why t-bone will only be here during wmc and burridge maybe 1 time other than conference.

everyone has their distinct taste. i would much rather see t-bone and burridge over ANY dj that comes, but that's just me. nyc wins hands down in that aspect. sullivan room brings in top notch dj's week in/week out.

but nyc WISHES they had the clubs that we do.

miami's had both of those dj's and there's not enough support for them. which is why t-bone will only be here during wmc and burridge maybe 1 time other than conference.

everyone has their distinct taste. i would much rather see t-bone and burridge over ANY dj that comes, but that's just me. nyc wins hands down in that aspect. sullivan room brings in top notch dj's week in/week out.

but nyc WISHES they had the clubs that we do.

But a nightclub isn't worth shit if the line-up sucks!

Capacity-wise, SF and Ikon (ex-Exit) are much larger than the largest clubs in Miami (Crobar, Space). But they are all super-clubs bringing in talent that appeals to the general public. In a metro area comprising 8 million people, you will find smaller venues that deliver the EDM goods in spades, week-in week-out!

Miami's materialistic club-culture is mostly about the dj's that are big and known at the moment (usually 2 to 3 years after they are discovered). Was Space booking Lawler back when he was spinning at Home in the UK? What was Crobar up to when the Body & Soul parties were annihilating Shelter? Was Space featuring its residents those weekends when Centro-Fly brought H_Foundation?

hey i agree with you, which is why you never see me out at the big clubs. shit, u would hardly see me out anywhere. and that's because i don't like the music that is so popular down here.

but that's my choice. and i have different tastes. unfortunately, not everyone agrees.

Since you don't like what's played, you should play out what you like! I wish Ramon would start up his Unrestricted night again soon! Have you played with Leo, Calix or Toby lately? Have you guys dropped "The Beat is Broken Fridays?" :D

Since you don't like what's played, you should play out what you like! I wish Ramon would start up his Unrestricted night again soon! Have you played with Leo, Calix or Toby lately? Have you guys dropped "The Beat is Broken Fridays?" :D

oh i play what i want everytime i do. and i will always do so. i always stick to my sounds. and it's a shame that the majority don't like taking chances on different sounds. same goes for the crowds. last time chris and i played was at the p:m sessions party. toby and i spun together at i/o, and we're looking for a new spot for the beat's broken...so stay tuned for that.

I will take Oscar G and Space over any club/dj combo you list. Monthly residencies excluded. Additionally, Ill take the overall pace of South Beach to the misery that is NY.

Did you ever get a chance to go to any of the clubs I mentioned? In particular, Vinyl/ARC, Cielo, Centro-Fly, Shelter?

What is this pace you're talking about? Because anyone who has been to Manhattan will tell you that you won't find a lifestyle as fast-paced as that...! :D

Agreed on the pace of Manhatten. South Beach has a more laid back vibe(daytime at least) and I like the beach feel.

Those clubs you mention were all awesome from what I have been told. However, what about now? Do you still consider the venues up there to be on par w/ Space? You may. I think this comes down to personal preference. When it comes down to it, Ill take my house music w/ a pina coloda and some sunshine. :)