Clubplanet Nightlife Community

London

So i am going to be in London for January 4 to 12, if any one has been there then could you give me some advice on where to go and what to see? I'm not just talking about clubs but anything you found interesting and worth telling me about. What sucks is im going for school and im not sure anyone is gonna want to go the clubs with me, is it okay to go alone, i mean after all is is another country and i prefer not but if no is willing to, im not gonna miss out thanks in advance

Yeah London clubs are pretty safe to go alone. Security is 10 times more strict than the US. I think at Ministry of Sound you have to walk thru 3 metal detectors and get 3 different pat-downs.

Stay away from hip hop/reggae nights if you are alone lol... figure that one out for yourself.

Good clubs in London: Ministry of Sound, Limelight, Turnmills, Fabric (prob the best one), Hippodrome is total cheese but can be fun on thursdays if they still have the foam party there.

Everywhere you go there is 1000000000 pubs and they are all the same. For a good bit to eat check out Belgos, there are 2 of em in the City. The chinatown area has some good eats too.

i was just there in june...there are way too many points of interest for you to check out in a week...but do some of the cheesy stuff like the eye of london and the crown jewels and the changing of the guards and big ben and picadilly circus and leister square and london bridge...as for clubs: fabric, turnmills, the end, the cross, and heaven...yeah...

its so funny right after i posted this i went into work and there was actually some woman from London in the store and she was telling me all about. I'm getting to excited to go even though it sucks im only gonna be there for such a short time. thanks for all the help lol now all i have to do is get there and remember where to go lol

It depends on the clubs you go to regarding safety. Most of the clubs are safe to get in, and then you wont see a bouncer inside. As a result, some of these places have a real anything goes philosophy (eg. Camden Palace)... just think Tunnel (circa 96) but worse in some instances.

That being said, going alone is very safe, but plan to stay late because getting home might be a pain... the tube closes before 1am and restarts around 6 - 7 on sundays. Also, since your by yourself and a girl, your best bet is probably Fabric or Heaven (if their Thursday bedrock party is going on). Turnmills is pretty safe too and my favorite place was probably the fridge (only on certain nights). 'Scoring' at any of those places is ridiculously easy too.

Its too bad your stay is so short... The London club scene is out of this world and then some... NY (past/present/future) could never even come close to comparing.

-Peter