Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bling's Review of Edgar V @ Crobar and MDamon's return to Miami

Bling

It has been awhile since I have descended upon my fav Sobe venu as countless hurricanes have been looming over our horizon and cancelled the last edgar v event. I know all of us were itchin for an Edgar V at crobar set. Lucky for us, we get him twice in the month in october as october 29 we do it all over again.

For all you house lovers, I must commment that crobar is gonna be great in October. I looked at the marquee as i entered the club and was floored. Donald Glaude, Bad Boy Bill, Pete Tong and Junior Jack to name a few...... Lets hope CJ hooks us up with a few of these sick events

I entered the club a bit later then I normally do ....... 11 PM (LOL..... yeah i know im still early) and who do i see behind the booth. MR REDBULL HIMSELF MDAMON!!! Great to see u again.

Charlie's Set

Great to see charlie as always, definitly one of the nicest guys I know. He was throwing down some nice vocal uplifting house when I got there. By the end of his set from 12-1 he started to pound it out nasty.

My favorite tracks he dropped were

1) that track he worked on with ralph that edgar also played at space last week (always forget its name)

2) The track that goes "welcome to the diamond mine" ( i just cant help but sing that everytime i hear it) ...... I know everyone on the boards have id'ed it for me countless times but i keep forgetting its name...

3) Dark Beat (southside remix........niceeeeeeeeeeeee... i was def dancing to this one)

So after talkin to Damon and hearing the usual.... that he misses miami and all of us and how im not a true TA , and how house music is toilet music..... DarkAngel and Ryan show up. Beforehand I called DA to get his asss down to crobar quick as they were giving two drink tickets till 12 I believe. DA def used them and then some as he went into hardcore mode..... I got the pic to prove it.

Around 12 edgar showed up. I was shocked because he was early. Obviously arturo didnt bring him. ARound 1230 arturo showed up.

Also good to see grooveeric and his cousin Relik. ERic by the end of the nite looked a bit intoxicatd LOL. One of these days eric, koky and myself should have a drinking contest and see who passes out first. (it shouldnt take too long i think we all suck at holding our liquour). Also great to see the beautiful Miriam, dancing so sexy as always .

Edgar's set

I know u all always say that i say every edgar set is better then the last..and im usually telling u all the truth but this time I thought it was just very good.

Edgar's set had a harder undertone then it did his last go around at crobar for sure.

As i sat next to Tonie and Flip (tonie looking mahhhhhvelous as always), she told me around 4 edgar was gonna drop really hard nasty shit for flip LOL.

i would say around 330 that started as he went into some hard trance/techno mode that I know koky would have loved. Eric and relik def were diggin it. I liked it as well but you all know i rather hear my vocals ....

My favorite tracks dropped where

1) Ferry Corsten- Sweet Sorrow

2) Fight for your right to party (junkie xl remix)

3) Madonna -Die another day(tiesto remix..... havent heard that in so long.... love that shit)

4) Love Simulator (OMFG sick........ exclusive edgar v track...... we all went wild to it)

5) Adiago 4 Strings (always a crowd pleaser and guranteed jump up and down track)

GReat to see lots of Cpers in the house: Flip, Tonie, Eddie and Michelle Liz, Shroomy, nadia (great to meet u sweetie), James and Annette (long time no see, u guys seem to have left early but great to see u both again)

Funniest line of nite was when flip came up to me and said: I want to introduce u to nadia. show her the ropes ur the unofficial CP Welcoming Committee (ROFLMAO)

Great to see some junkies as well: Pod (damn pod talks some funny stuff when hes drinking..... LOL ), Roly, and whoever else i may have forgotten.

As i left around 415. Oscar G and David Orth were arriving from La Covacha. The champagne was busted out and everyone was drinking and having a good time. I think Oscar was having a bit too much fun pulling on that horn nasty style LOL.

Once again I left with a smile upon my brow as it was another great nite at crobar with Mr. V

Till October 29th.....

Bling, that track u were talking abotu from ferry corsten was

Ferry Corsten- Sweet Sorrow (Thrillseekers mix i think, i didnt liek it when i first heard it but it sounds much better on a system)

some other noteable tunes (incl. bling's) were:

RadioHead- Street Spirit (Tiesto Mix)

Commander Tom-Attention (Steve Murano Mix)

Lucky 7 vs. Scot Project- U (SICK BREAKS TRACK! I am so glad i have this on vinyl >=0) )

Madonna- Die Another Day [Tiesto Mix] (u know, this remix is sick regardless of how old the song is)

Solarstone- Speak in Sympathy (Plastic Angel Mix)

and Beastie Boys- Fight For your Right (is it the Junkie XL mix? WOW)

AND THAT SONG THAT SAMPLED THAT JAPANESE BOSS OREN ISHII FROM KILL BILL...HOLY S#!T!!!!!!

THAT WAS AMAZING!

EDGAR! ID PLEASE!

btw tonie- if u are reading this, i was the guy who was next to you when that girl dropped her drinka nd her glass shattered and spilled all over everyone..haha i had a drink in my hand and when some liquor got on my arm im like tru and licked it off >=0) haha.

nice seeing Arturo, Eric, Bling, Pod, etc.. over there :D I love Edgar's Fridays @ Crobar!

-Eyekon

PS- Edgar, if YOU are reading this as well...I hope you enjoyed what myself, Hector, and AJ did for you with Dada. I look forward to the future! And thanks for playing Grooveslide!

:bowdown:

well..he won't get me into EDM .. as i am already into it .., but it was great to hear someone new, and someone good .. i get sick of the same old same old :D

wait till u meet rcrespo and he starts to try to get u into minimal tech!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if u can hang with him then u will get major props!!!!!!!!!:D

Got EV? We do! Loads of fun was had with all our friends.

A great nite musically, EV rocked our lil butts off but after 5 years of knowing him, this is a given. All of the songs played were to die for! Love u, EV and thanks for hooking Eddie up with a great bday set! Always a pleasure seeing all the CPeeps. My girlfriend (Limber) was cracking up on the size of the Edgar V fan club. For God's sake, people - we're going to have to set up one of those "take a number" thingies for outside the booth. Oh yeah and big up's to Manny and Eddie & Martica for hooking Lex up with lights to play with. He's still so into the laser & the chains. Fun fun times as always. :hat:

A great nite musically, EV rocked our lil butts off but after 5 years of knowing him, this is a given. All of the songs played were to die for! Love u, EV and thanks for hooking Eddie up with a great bday set! Always a pleasure seeing all the CPeeps. My girlfriend (Limber) was cracking up on the size of the Edgar V fan club. For God's sake, people - we're going to have to set up one of those "take a number" thingies for outside the booth. Oh yeah and big up's to Manny and Eddie & Martica for hooking Lex up with lights to play with. He's still so into the laser & the chains. Fun fun times as always. :hat:

hey TW i'll pm u the link u were asking about..

WTF u couldnt say something on how much u miss it, what kind of a whore are you?