Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Alex earns his pinstripes, Yankees win!

marconj

I think there are very few people in sports that deserve the rediculous amount of millions they make. Although people like Jordan, Farve, Bonds, Gretzsky, Shaq, Schilling, Jeter and Mariano Rivera are worth every dollar they are paid. Alex got more money than I thought any athlete would ever earn in a contract, he has been ridiculed for it more often than not, but last night Alex was worth the $19 million he is making this season.

Alex plays third base about as well as anyone in the league. He doubles in the 11th. He then recognizes the game situation and takes 3rd base, he then scores on a wild pitch. That was vintage baseball, that was Derek Jeter type stuff. There is a lot of baseball left to be played, but last night Alex earned his pinstripes and he will bring a lot of heart to the ALCS vs. Boston.

there are those few players that stand out amongst the crowd.....and while I feel its rediculous to get paid 20 mil a year to play a sport, he is definately one of, if not the, best players in baseball.

(makes you wonder why he had to give his position up to an overated prima donna)

that being said, cant wait till he starts whining after he strikes out in the 9th against Foulke in game 7

there are those few players that stand out amongst the crowd.....and while I feel its rediculous to get paid 20 mil a year to play a sport, he is definately one of, if not the, best players in baseball.

(makes you wonder why he had to give his position up to an overated prima donna)

that being said, cant wait till he starts whining after he strikes out in the 9th against Foulke in game 7

How many times are we going to bring this up. He didn't give up his spot to anyone. Jeter was on the Yanks for many years. A-Rod wanted to be on a winning team and he had to make sacrifices to do that and he did. And if you ask me he bettered his career.

All-Star Short Stop

All-Star 3rd Base

Gold Glove Short Stop

and I will bet a Gold Glove at 3rd eventually.

He made the transition without it effecting his game and to me that makes him look that much better being so versitile.

How many times are we going to bring this up. He didn't give up his spot to anyone. Jeter was on the Yanks for many years. A-Rod wanted to be on a winning team and he had to make sacrifices to do that and he did. And if you ask me he bettered his career.

All-Star Short Stop

All-Star 3rd Base

Gold Glove Short Stop

and I will bet a Gold Glove at 3rd eventually.

He made the transition without it effecting his game and to me that makes him look that much better being so versitile.

regardless of what u or anyone else will ever say to defend the move, I will never approve because I know it was, and never will prove to be, the wise decision.....it was made to keep an individual happy the transition

ok guy

btw....down to meet up at a bar in the city for a game when the games are being played in Boston?

How bout Saturday. I am available unless called into work for Saturdays game. I am definately down for getting together for this shit!!!

Anyone else?

Amen.

-- and I'm possibly down for Saturday -- is it a definite?