Clubplanet Nightlife Community

GOOD LIFE - HALLOWEEN EDITION w/ JOHN TEJADA, TONY POWELL...

badiye

This is our BIG Halloween party folks. We will take over the entire place, including the swanky Amalfi ristoranti/bar for TWO rooms of music and great talent. Costumes (and various levels of nudity ) are strongly recommended for good times!

Thursday, October 28, 2004

THE GOOD LIFE - HALLOWEEN EDITION

TWO ROOMS OF MUSIC

TECH-HOUSE ROOM (Room 5):

JOHN TEJADA (paletterecordings.com)

LIZA RICHARDSON (The Drop, KCRW)

HOWE LIN (Turnbuckle records)

DEEP HOUSE ROOM (Amalfi):

TONY POWELL (DDHC/Faith)

LARS BEHRENROTH (Diaspora UK, DSoH/XM Radio)

DRU SULLIVAN (slow-dancing society)

$10.00 all night. This night will most likely hit capacity, which is limited..sooooo: pre-sale tickets can be purchased at www.wantickets.com.

THE GOOD LIFE

@ ROOM 5 / AMALFI

143 N. La Brea Ave. (Between Beverly Blvd. and First Street)

Los Angeles, CA 90036

323-938-2504

(Kitchen is open 'till 11:00PM)

Club Door Hours: 9:30PM to 2:00AM.

hey do you need any dancers :) .. can i get my debut from you :)..hehe

do i have to wear a costume..?? i hate dressing up.. maybe i'll get some swanky lingerie and slice it up and add some blood... .. yeah that sounds about right!

Costumes completely optional and not necessary at all. Although that lingerie idea sounds good.. :)

hmm we'll see what i can come up with.. I usually don't dress up for halloween or go out! but maybe I'll think of something ... weyes maybe could help me out .. since she's sooo creative!
thanks for the compliment, shorty :heart: ! you MUST get dressed up on halloween; it is NOT an option :nono: ! i'd think that you'd be all over that :confused: ! well, i can put on my thinking cap...

nice line-up badiye

Thanks deepfunk...i figured you'd like... :)

We sound checked the downstairs part last Thursday (threw an impromptu ODP party just to sound check) and let me tell you, it's gonna BUMP for sure. hope to see you there, maybe we can :beer: a :pint:

Imad.

This is our BIG Halloween party folks. We will take over the entire place, including the swanky Amalfi ristoranti/bar for TWO rooms of music and great talent. Costumes (and various levels of nudity ) are strongly recommended for good times!

Thursday, October 28, 2004

THE GOOD LIFE - HALLOWEEN EDITION

TWO ROOMS OF MUSIC

TECH-HOUSE ROOM (Room 5):

JOHN TEJADA (paletterecordings.com)

LIZA RICHARDSON (The Drop, KCRW)

HOWE LIN (Turnbuckle records)

DEEP HOUSE ROOM (Amalfi):

TONY POWELL (DDHC/Faith)

LARS BEHRENROTH (Diaspora UK, DSoH/XM Radio)

DRU SULLIVAN (slow-dancing society)

$10.00 all night. This night will most likely hit capacity, which is limited..sooooo: pre-sale tickets can be purchased at www.wantickets.com.

THE GOOD LIFE

@ ROOM 5 / AMALFI

143 N. La Brea Ave. (Between Beverly Blvd. and First Street)

Los Angeles, CA 90036

323-938-2504

(Kitchen is open 'till 11:00PM)

Club Door Hours: 9:30PM to 2:00AM.

I'm so excited!!!!!!! This is perfect. Finaly, everything worked out as planned this year for Halloween for me!!!

My costume is Italian.

The venue is Italian.

The staff is Italian.

And the music is ....

Oh heck!!! I HATE HALLOWEEN! Nothing ever works out right :( :(

lol :D

lol j/k

yeah deepfunk ..

then we can finally meet in person, too ..

and for you lalate ..

I am gonna bring some nice'n'deep stuff made in Italy..

no italian vocals.. well .. maybe I'll find something ;)

see you all there ..

it's gonna be great!

peace, lb.

when in doubt, go for the scary :aright: !

Agreed!

Can't wait for this night, it's going to be nice. Here's a little info on one of our great DJs, Lars B.:

BIOGRAPHY Lars 'LB.' Behrenroth (BOC Productions)

lars@housesound.com - http://www.bocproductions.de

After being given organ lessons at an early age, music fast became an important aspect of Lars 'LB.' Behrenroth's youth. At 15, he took it to the next level by spinning records at a danceschool party. Ever since, Lars has been watching people dance to his music all over the world. Besides performing many clubgigs all over the world he can also be caught DJing in his new hometown of Los Angeles after moving from Hamburg in April 2004.

He attended the School of Audio Engineering in Hamburg, Germany in 1996 where he completed his first remix projects which were released on a local label. Shortly after that he started the production team "Birth of Cool" with former partner Michael Carstensen. About a year and a handful of remixes later (ie. MJ Cole ‘Sincere’ on EDEL, Martha Cinader ‘Living it’ on LSL, NYC), they decided to split up to focus on individual styles.

Later that year, Lars started co-hosting the show "House Sound of Hamburg" (HSH) on a local radio station. In 1998 and 1999 he brought the show to a European-wide electronic and dance radio station, Evosonic Radio. It soon became a weekly three-hour house music mix show with guests like Deep Swing, Mateo&Matos, Paul Johnson, DJ Pierre and more.

The same concept reappeared when Lars ‘LB.’ brought HSH to the webbased underground N.Y. music show Streetsound as well as to the first German internet-broadcasting station, CyberRadio & CyberRadio TV which he set up and also was responsible for the evening programming and mix show coordination, which featured underground dancemusic ONLY.

Together with Constantin Groll he hosted the longest house music mix show on the net, "GlobalHouseConnection" (GHC), an 8-hour Saturday night show. GHC was ‘reanimated’ in May 2001 with a weekly Sunday night show. The show is hosted by netmusique.com and can be checked out on globalhouseconnection.com

Since June 2002 Lars has been back on FM with his new show ‘DEEPER SHADES OF HOUSE’ on the German station JAM FM which can be received nationwide in Germany, europewide via satellite and all over the US on XM RADIO – THE MOVE –

In 1999 Lars 'LB.' joined the Records of Interest family and signed a publishing deal with "Just a Groovy Song / Universal Music". Ever since he produces under the production name BOC Productions and has released his debut album and several 12â€s on labels including Chez Music NYC, Deep4Life, Chicago, TOI - Germany as well as remixes for artists like Kathy Brown, The Rurals , Pressure (95North Records), Deep Swing, Dubtribe Soundsystem, MJ Cole, Alma Horton, Q-Burns Abstract Message feat. Lisa Shaw and many others.