Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Hard Techno?

Does anyone remember hard techno? Please....I know some of you out there must remember what a good 909 and some hard asses techno feels like. Why all of this PVD, Sasha and Digweed, Paul Oakenfold? I respect what they do as DJ's, but I just think that their music is so goddamn soft. I'm so tired of these goddamn pretty boys spinning just the shit the crowd wants to hear. How can anyone that went to PVD last week honestly tell me he was really into giving the crowd GOOD music. Jeff Mills? Claude Young? Does anyone like hard detroit techno anymore? Is it that techno to closely echos the natural rhythm of this city?

I'm not trying to dis anyone here, or disrespect anyone's personal tastes, because I believe in the beauty of the scene, and the beauty of the Musik, but please tell me there are those of you out there that feel like I do, and are really disinterested in Trance, and really dig some deep house, and Techno? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?......

cwm30.gifcwm29.gifcwm12.gifcwm29.gifcwm30.gif

------------------

www.Hardhaus.com

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with you.

My favorite music in the world is detroit techno...Jeff Mills, Juan Atkins, Robert Hood, Claude Young, Kevin Saunderson, Carl Craig..I could go on and on...

And yes...I'm a female too! Don't know any others like me. Depresses me when I say detroit techno and people have no idea what I am talking about..

I also like swedish techno of the likes of Lekebusch, Delano, christian smith, Adam Beyer...Aril Brikha...

I could go on and on... smile.gif

-Jill

------------------

" I give in to sin ..Because you have to make this life liveable "-DM

Smoknjilly@aol.com

Hell yeah I feel like u, I love hard house and techno. I hate trance in clubs, i mean i could take 2 or 3 trance songs a nite, but not all night. I really get tired if I dont have my hard house/tecno. Music is my only high. cwm7.gif

Dont get me wrong I love trance,but not in a club, i like to listen to it at home or in the car, but when i wanna go to a club, i want to dance to hard house and techno, I wanna feel the music...nothing like some good hard sounds cwm32.gifcwm32.gif

Originally posted by foxyroxy20:

Hell yeah I feel like u, I love hard house and techno. I hate trance in clubs, i mean i could take 2 or 3 trance songs a nite, but not all night. I really get tired if I dont have my hard house/tecno. Music is my only high. cwm7.gif

you realize there is a HUGE difference between hard house and techno...and for the most part, you are not goinh to find both being played in the same club...esp. in NYC!

Dont get me wrong I love trance,but not in a club, i like to listen to it at home or in the car, but when i wanna go to a club, i want to dance to hard house and techno, I wanna feel the music...nothing like some good hard sounds cwm32.gifcwm32.gif

------------------

"The world is a better place because of those who refuse to believe they can't

fly."

spankmonkey.gif

So whats the problem?....most of the DJs spin what you guys like...there arent really good resident trance DJ in the city..they come and go every once in a while.......but most of the local stuff IS DETROIT!....ahmm...i feel an argument coming on...... cwm25.gifcwm6.gifeek.gif do i run now?.

------------------

Midnight is where the day begins

Java.gif

Bcem npuBET !

I think I'm in love! HAHAHAH...When are you going out again? I'm gonna be in Europe next week, so I'm gonna have to miss Jeff Mills, but I saw him the last time he was here anyway. I heard a rumour he was gonna do Limelight for NYE. Did you go see Claude Young at Limelight last weekend? I met him and he signed and gave me one of his vinyls!Girl, we HAVE to meet. I'm so over the trance and jungle scene, and I've been looking for other Techno heads. Gimme a shout back. I think I'm gonna hit Carl Cox 1 December. My birthday is 3 December, so it should be a fun time. Send me a message before then, and hopefully we can meet up!! = )

------------------

www.Hardhaus.com

Techno is the shit, most people call all "electronic " music techno, when really they don't have a clue ... Not to many people are really into techno anymore there's only a strong few .... I'm a serious TechHouse fan, I love the shit ...

Anyone familiar with User?He's an awesome techhouse producer ... Carl Cox drops some ill techhouse sometimes (mosttimes), Misstress Barbra is another serious techhouse head ...

-Adam Beyer

-Joe Moel

-Frankie Bones

- Ben long

- Ben Simms

the list goes on & on ...

------------------

"Without sounding pretentious i don't view what i do as djin'....i look at it as makin' soundscapes with the music and the energy .....the clubs, and the people in the clubs (myself included) are the canvas.....let's paint!"

Jeff Mills is on my pantheon (along with DT and Sneak), Detroit techno is awesome, the Trade DJ's are also (banging Hard House)....I guess I'm pretty slutty when it comes to music stlye preference (tho don't even get me started on the whol genrefication thing "what is techno", "what is hard house" cwm13.gif

------------------

hapfac01.gif I'm dreaming of a white christmas------------------------> boa_boy@yahoo.com

Two words: JEFF MILLS! Nuff Said!

Originally posted by the_pharmacist:

Does anyone remember hard techno? Please....I know some of you out there must remember what a good 909 and some hard asses techno feels like. Why all of this PVD, Sasha and Digweed, Paul Oakenfold? I respect what they do as DJ's, but I just think that their music is so goddamn soft. I'm so tired of these goddamn pretty boys spinning just the shit the crowd wants to hear. How can anyone that went to PVD last week honestly tell me he was really into giving the crowd GOOD music. Jeff Mills? Claude Young? Does anyone like hard detroit techno anymore? Is it that techno to closely echos the natural rhythm of this city?

I'm not trying to dis anyone here, or disrespect anyone's personal tastes, because I believe in the beauty of the scene, and the beauty of the Musik, but please tell me there are those of you out there that feel like I do, and are really disinterested in Trance, and really dig some deep house, and Techno? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?......

------------------

Nestor

"That's House!"

That gabber shit is ridiculous ... 250 bpm +

It just sounds like noise to me, But I do have to agree that Omar is a SICk DJ ...

I ain't putting it down, 2 each his own ...

------------------

"Without sounding pretentious i don't view what i do as djin'....i look at it as makin' soundscapes with the music and the energy .....the clubs, and the people in the clubs (myself included) are the canvas.....let's paint!"

OK here's one for y'all ...

Would you consider some of Mauro Picottos

productions TECH-TRANCE ??? Cause that's what some people are labeling it ...

I'd have to agree ... I'm totally feeling that whole BXR sound now-a-days ...

CAN U FEEL ME?

------------------